The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1580755111590.gif

Jimmy G gets some blame but Shanahan put him in a bad position. He gets majority of the blame.

Jimmy didn't make the plays that needed to be made. Shanny def gets blame, but if the call is throw to the ball, a really good QB makes the throws. he didn't. he airmailed throws or threw it into the arms of KC's tubbos.

NoT tHAt HaRD tO SeE

Game was definitely way more on jimmy than Kyle.. granted he called for pass plays on some downs I didn’t think he needed to especially after the bully ball got going

but he couldn’t depend on anything from jimmy that wasn’t a slant.. outside of the OPI play, jimmy was basically useless

hell he’s lucky that one play where the safety jumped the slant didn’t go for 6

just too unrealistic to think in 2020 you can win the super bowl without a functional QB.. and they almost did

Jimmy G gets some blame but Shanahan put him in a bad position. He gets majority of the blame.

throws were there to be made.. he just didn’t make em.. also I highly doubt dude looked beyond his first read given how the only successful passes I remember him having were slants or the OPI

Defense was on the field the whole time in the 4th, SF killed zero clock because of them passing the ball. Jimmy missed some reads for sure but Shanahan botched Q4 and the end of the first half.

Shanny absolutely deserves some blame but he's sort of handcuffed. He knows what Jimmy can and can't do out there. I don't think he believes in Jimmy's abilities to execute his play book.

Why he didnt run more is bizarre though. Not calling time outs hurt too. He tends to act over confident sometimes. Same with McVay.

I think its a product of young coaches. They need some seasoning.

Defense was on the field the whole time in the 4th, SF killed zero clock because of them passing the ball. Jimmy missed some reads for sure but Shanahan botched Q4 and the end of the first half.
yeah, Shanny should have seen this. The entire 1st half, everyone was saying how this Niners D is going to get gassed. You could see it. And by the 4th, it wasn't the same D. Doesnt matter how good your D is, they get gassed in this passing league.

KC was selling out to stop the run, because they couldn’t on previous drives

take this for example, you gotta take this play.. and QB has to make it.. he isn’t even looking at the 9ers 2 best guys, 1 who is wide open (deebo) and the other about to be wide open over middle (kittle)

This was Shanny's play call

Capture.JPG

This was Jimmy's throw

Capture2.JPG

The 10 yard overthrow probably cost the 49ers the game, but the playcall was right on the money

Add in the fact that Jimmy threw the ball directly into the Chief's defensive line like 3 times on the last 2 drives and its pretty easy to see who should be getting most of the blame. Jimmy is who we all thought he was

This was Shanny's play call

Capture.JPG

This was Jimmy's throw

Capture2.JPG

The 10 yard overthrow probably cost the 49ers the game, but the playcall was right on the money

exactly Kyle did his job.. but his team in position to succeed

1 guy specifically didn’t execute

exactly Kyle did his job.. but his team in position to succeed

1 guy specifically didn’t execute

I don't care what anyone says either, but being ultra conservative and running the ball every play probably isn't winning you the game versus mahomes. They were moving the ball just as well throwing it versus running it all game

Not to mention even if the throw is remotely close it would have forced the issue with the refs to throw the flag since there was contact but none of that mattered since it wasn’t catchable

I don't care what anyone says either, but ultra conservative and running the ball every play probably isn't winning you the game versus mahomes.

I mean y’all had the perfect combo of things going.. Andy wouldn’t adjust his game plan for shhh seemingly and go to the short passing game and take what y’all were just giving him.. and KC was forced to sell out on the run so certain things in the passing game were there, like the play you posted

Nah, it was a bad throw of course. But the KC defense even said they were happy they stopped running the ball. Shanahan ****ed up.

BEAUTIFUL title to an AMAZING thread. I'm interested in whether Lamar Jackson and Nicholas Bosa will rise to the occasion and earn their Trump good looks and last names. Both are exceptional young men with great mindsets. Broke my heart that Nicholas didn't earn a trip to meet his surrogate dad but life is hard sometimes.

I always hover around 50% on picks and then I go out that one Saturday mid-season, drink too much and wake up 15 minutes after kick off and stop picking rest of the year

Every. Damn. Time.

its tough to make em all. i missed one of the playoff weekends i think. god damn flu got me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom