The Official 2020 NFL Offseason Thread - The Cleveland Steamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB def getting signed now. A team like the Bucs can win 5-6 games without him then you throw him on the field with Evans and Godwin and it's a wrap.

One thing to keep is mind is he's suspended til the 8th week of the season so if someone signs him week 6 he can study the playbook and then start in week 8

Last edited:
I'm disgusted that the Knicks are always at the top of this list.

That's why they'll never be good.

Being trash and making money hand over fist should be a federal offense.

**** Dolan.

:frown: :frown::frown:

Yup. It's like being an employee at a company and they keep promoting you and giving you a raise even tho you halfass your job everyday. There's no incentive for you to put in any more effort

I'm disgusted that the Knicks are always at the top of this list.

That's why they'll never be good.

Being trash and making money hand over fist should be a federal offense.

**** Dolan.

:frown: :frown::frown:

The Knicks are (and will continue to be) a "high-value" franchise because...

They play in the largest market
They're located in Midtown Manhattan
MSG got a major renovation in the last decade
They have a mark fanbase as well

If the Knicks ever get good enough to be in "the conversation" again, their value go up even further.

The Knicks are (and will continue to be) a "high-value" franchise because...

They play in the largest market
They're located in Midtown Manhattan
MSG got a major renovation in the last decade
They have a mark fanbase as well

If the Knicks ever get good enough to be in "the conversation" again, their value go up even further.
I know exactly why the valuation is where it's at.

That's why they sit on their hands and make terrible decisions.

It’s basically market and success. Actually surprised by how high some franchises are based mostly on success.

The 4 most valuable teams combined have less championships than the 5th most valuable team has alone in the past decade. And people wonder why owners of some of these teams continue running the franchise like ****.
Market>Winning from a financial perspective

out of those 4, knicks have been consistently trash since 2000. Yankees, Lakers and Cowboys have been competitive. Yankees and Lakers have won chips within those years.

Knicks just AWFUL

NFL has the advantage of seeing what is working and more importantly what isn’t. On one hand they see the NBA getting by with very few hiccups and zero positive tests. On the other they have MLB who is a bad weekend away from having the whole thing shut down.
I watched the Chiefs special on how much time, effort and energy they used converting the stadium and making it as safe as possible but all of that hard work and thought goes right out the window when the players clock out and go home. The NFL can put in all of the rules and regulations it wants but I don’t see a way a full season gets played unless you have some sort of bubble.

NFL has the advantage of seeing what is working and more importantly what isn’t. On one hand they see the NBA getting by with very few hiccups and zero positive tests. On the other they have MLB who is a bad weekend away from having the whole thing shut down.
I watched the Chiefs special on how much time, effort and energy they used converting the stadium and making it as safe as possible but all of that hard work and thought goes right out the window when the players clock out and go home. The NFL can put in all of the rules and regulations it wants but I don’t see a way a full season gets played unless you have some sort of bubble.
I think we can say each NFL team has about 70 to 80 necessary people under their banner come game day.

So let’s say 75 per team= 75•33= 2,400.

2400 people away from their fam for a few months...

The NFL would have to clear a small town that had multiple fields AND have the support of localgovernment and law enforcement on board in addition to whomever they hired to keep the bubble tight. So the 2400 number is even larger.

It’s not even plausible. I think we’re getting football later than usual in the best case scenario.

Realistically it’s not happening.

I could see the league forcing it and having to shut down.

Best thing the NFL can do is delay it a month or two and start having players, coaches and owners start doing commercials and interviews encouraging these dumb POS MAGA clowns to wear their masks so we can actually have football this year.

I think we can say each NFL team has about 70 to 80 necessary people under their banner come game day.

So let’s say 75 per team= 75•33= 2,400.

2400 people away from their fam for a few months...

The NFL would have to clear a small town that had multiple fields AND have the support of localgovernment and law enforcement on board in addition to whomever they hired to keep the bubble tight. So the 2400 number is even larger.

It’s not even plausible. I think we’re getting football later than usual in the best case scenario.

Realistically it’s not happening.

I could see the league forcing it and having to shut down.

nfl can’t do a single bubble.. but they can do 33 bubbles, 1 for each team and then another for league officials so you don’t have them directly with just the teams

and then you control the travel between and the testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom