The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

No one finds it strange how the Nets just imploded like this mid season though? They were literally Eastern Conference contenders before the KD injury.
How is it the nets fault? Other than enabling it's players to be more than just basketball players, I don't blame the nets for much.

Imo

So one of the most beloved Nets players of all time could end up being *checks notes* Spencer Dinwiddie…?
usa_today_10608584.0.jpg

giphy - 2023-02-08T232912.496.gif

They feeling free for real lmao

Flip flopping *** dudes, man. I don’t even know what to believe from these dudes. 2.5 weeks ago Kyrie was talking about how he wanted to call Brooklyn home and get that extension. Now he is on the Mavericks :lol: KD requested a trade last summer then some time after rescinded it.

At this I just want those dudes to be healthy, to hoop and be happy, man

Flip flopping *** dudes, man. I don’t even know what to believe from these dudes. 2.5 weeks ago Kyrie was talking about how he wanted to call Brooklyn home and get that extension. Now he is on the Mavericks :lol: KD requested a trade last summer then some time after rescinded it.

At this I just want those dudes to be healthy, to hoop and be happy, man

They colluded to get outta there. Same thing happened in the summer but Nets didn't budge. Myrie lit the fuse.

But again…you signed All Star Kyrie and his BFF Durant in the same summer. Next year, Harden coming off a 35/6/7 season and in his first few games the following season puts up 25/8/10 and he says he wants to join, you HAVE to take that chance and trust that it will work because they all are allegedly cool.

They only played 16 games together because of injury and global pandemic which I can’t blame for the FO for either. It jus didn’t work out but I can’t blame a franchise for taking that type of moonshot under the guise that these guys had a special relationship so they would figure it out.
They took a huge risk and lost. They didn't pay attention to egos and attitudes. All those numbers you stated are great, but the mix of those egos did not and would not work, numbers be damned. Anybody with sense could see that. At the time 2 guys that do knucklehead **** with KD who just wants to ball and not a vocal leader. It was bound to happen. Then they chose chaos and traded for Ben. Even worse. Tbh, if I'm Joel Embid, I'd be looking for my next team lol.

They colluded to get outta there. Same thing happened in the summer but Nets didn't budge. Myrie lit the fuse.

I mean; that’s possible but it stated he was displeased with the stipulations in his contract which based on reports from trusted media sources so I am inclined to believe that precipitated this mess.

They took a huge risk and lost. They didn't pay attention to egos and attitudes. All those numbers you stated are great, but the mix of those egos did not and would not work, numbers be damned. Anybody with sense could see that. At the time 2 guys that do knucklehead **** with KD who just wants to ball and not a vocal leader. It was bound to happen. Then they chose chaos and traded for Ben. Even worse. Tbh, if I'm Joel Embid, I'd be looking for my next team lol.

I mean those numbers indicate it was working, though :lol: I will certainly give you the Ben Simmons trade. I don’t recall reporting at the time but I’m not sure what other offers they had. I also believe Philadelphia might have been Harden’s preferred destination so their hands were tied because his free agency was coming up.

And again, COVID had a significant impact on things but it wasn’t like a “Big Bro, Lil Bro” situation that he wanted out of in Cleveland so he could lead a team. These two guys are coming to me and telling me they are best friends. Why would I doubt you gay and think that they wouldn’t work to make it co-exist?

Additionally, it’s the Nets. It may be in NYC but everyone disses them for being the Knicks shadow. If two players of that caliber say they want sign with you as FA’s then you have to do it. Same reason why despite all of these shortcomings, multiple teams are still willing to trade for them. I get your point was about them working together but they only even played 74 games together in 3.5 seasons :lol:

*EDIT: As far as Philly, that should be a real concern considering Harden is only getting older and he has a player option this summer. That will be a situation to watch this offseason

Win now? There will still be the option of trading Spencer and DFS for..... Future assets

They still got an unprotected first from Dallas at the end of the decade

That unprotected first won’t be worth much with Luka there. They should’ve traded Kyrie after KD.

No funny homer ****, I actually think the Lakers had the beat package for kYrie in terms of winning now and the future.

you get Russ who for all his faults can probably take a team to 40 wins as the primary ball handler / #1 option and you get the Lakers 27/29 unprotected picks which would be a huge win for your future.

They could’ve at least extracted Green or Hardy from the Mavs. I don’t get it.

Why do people say the nets got a weak package for KD? How were they going to get anything better than what they got? I think it’s a pretty good haul.

Great move for the Suns too. Instant favorites in a year where the West is wide open. It could blow up but **** it you have to go for it.

Booker as your 2 option is ridiculous.

We need a NT spaces tomorrow.

Nets timing on this trade makes zero sense.
Eh. Durant clearly wanted out and had no interest being there

Sure they could have waited it out and saw who could be available in the summer but that's also risking KD's health

Getting essentially 5 unprotected firsts for him and a First Team All Defensive wing who shoots in the high 30's from 3.. that's pretty solid

That unprotected first won’t be worth much with Luka there. They should’ve traded Kyrie after KD.

No funny homer ****, I actually think the Lakers had the beat package for kYrie in terms of winning now and the future.

you get Russ who for all his faults can probably take a team to 40 wins as the primary ball handler / #1 option and you get the Lakers 27/29 unprotected picks which would be a huge win for your future.

They could’ve at least extracted Green or Hardy from the Mavs. I don’t get it.
Who knows where Luka is in 2029

got damn it took me so long to realize that “Ratsull” is a play on “Russell”

i knew it was a reference to DLo but kept seeing “rat’s skull”.. im slow as **** :lol:

All I hear about is how Luka is going to leave if this Kyrie doesn’t work out or if they don’t get him another star. His contract is up in summer 2027. Luka could very well be out and that 2029 unprotected pick could be very valuable.

Just look at what happened in the span of a week in Brooklyn. Too much uncertainty across the league to speculate the value of all these unprotected FRPs 4-6 years from now IMO. Just get them when you can and wait to see what happens.

EDIT: VVG beat me to it
Who knows where Luka is in 2029

Back
Top Bottom