The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Eh. Durant clearly wanted out and had no interest being there

Sure they could have waited it out and saw who could be available in the summer but that's also risking KD's health

Getting essentially 5 unprotected firsts for him and a First Team All Defensive wing who shoots in the high 30's from 3.. that's pretty solid

I would imagine they could have gotten an All Star caliber guy + picks for KD like what was rumored over the summer (Jaylen, BI, Siakim, etc.).

And it would have made more sense to have a bidding war with the wide openess of this particular season but hey the Nets FO is dumb.

Trading Kyrie before KD just doesn't really make sense and not just because they didn't move him to the Lakers.

I would imagine they could have gotten an All Star caliber guy + picks for KD like what was rumored over the summer (Jaylen, BI, Siakim, etc.).

And it would have made more sense to have a bidding war with the wide openess of this particular season but hey the Nets FO is dumb.

Trading Kyrie before KD just doesn't really make sense and not just because they didn't move him to the Lakers.

Woj said that the KD situation was a collaborative effort so he probably had a short list of teams to work with which might not have included the AS level player or as many picks so likely together they landed on Phoenix.

I don’t know if you saw any articles but were they 100% committed to trading both from the jump? The way everything came out made it seem like they got the Kyrie package together because he requested it and they had to then afterwards decided to trade KD.

As far as a bidding war, Kyrie’s timing kind of messed that up because they only had 6-7 days to work this out this season. I would have to look around the league to assess owned draft picks and take a deeper look at the standings but I doubt they would get a package of two players/a star + 4 unprotected picks + a swap from a team with a serious chance at winning their conference IMO

Who knows where Luka is in 2029

All I hear about is how Luka is going to leave if this Kyrie doesn’t work out or if they don’t get him another star. His contract is up in summer 2027. Luka could very well be out and that 2029 unprotected pick could be very valuable.

Just look at what happened in the span of a week in Brooklyn. Too much uncertainty across the league to speculate the value of all these unprotected FRPs 4-6 years from now IMO. Just get them when you can and wait to see what happens.

EDIT: VVG beat me to it

I feel y’all but why not take the swing with 2 unprotected firsts from the Lakers over 1 unprotected first from the Mavs? Lebron & AD are significantly older and more injury prone than Luka is. The lakers are way more disfunctional than the Mavs.

Russ can help you win more games than Dfs & Spence can (IMO). It just feels like a spite move to me and those never make sense. Like if I was a Spurs fan I’d still be mad to this day that Pop didn’t take Ingram for the Kawhi package just because he wanted to spite the Lakers.

Jaylen brown realistic?

Siakam is usually clowned or downplayed around here

Ingram is one

I more so doubt any of those teams are loading up on unprotected picks though

Pels and celts seem like they gonna be good for a while too

Suns should be good for the next few years but beyond that it’s murky

Mat Ishbia starting his ownership with a nuclear bang wow :wow: :wow: :wow:

Went from possibly bringing Zeke into the fold to shocking the world by assembling the best team in the West overnight :lol: :sick:

kevin-durant.gif

What a change of events! I feel bad for Mika’s Bridges. Dude really loved playing for Phx, but the NBA is a business and the Suns wasn’t going anywhere with that roster pre trade. This move def on paper separates them from the pack. Good for the Suns.

Bklyn looking really good. Seems like they wanna create that team first mentality they had pre 2019 free agency when they had a really fun squad.

Wow.

Woj article on the trade is out.
Suns were going to pivot to Collins but the owner said make the Kd trade happen no matter what.

This portion was interesting to me:

His initial hope was to keep Bridges out of the trade, but that was a non-starter with the Nets. The Suns' offers weren't close to the Nets' asking price on Monday and Tuesday, and Marks kept working on possible trades to bolster the roster around Durant. The Nets pursued O.G. Anunoby in Toronto, and discussed possible deals for Collins and Cleveland's Caris LeVert, but Durant's mood was unsettled and Brooklyn knew it had to push on Phoenix to make the kind of offer it couldn't refuse.

Yeah taking the Mavs package for Kyrie to still compete with Kd over extracting everything from the lakers was dumb as ****.

i would’ve preferred Kyrie, but the way it turned out, I’m not even that mad. Lakers got 3 players instead of 1 and only had to trade 1 first rounder to do it.

I still think Russ + 2 lakers unprotected picks would’ve been better both to compete now without Kd and for the future because you get to get on the Lakers imploding but that’s for Nets fans to be mad about.

Back
Top Bottom