The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

Gotdamn I thought these jerseys were bad but they look even worse than I remember. I hate the new puny version they got going now too.

Gimme a navy based home jawn like the JordN edition this year. I’ll take those with a white home variation [blue NEW YORK & number, orange pinstripe neckline and shoulders]

The Cambyman

I know this is funny coming from me but Kawhi was never going to the Lakers. He was plotting to screw them over the whole time and had his mind made up on the B team. He would've signed regardless of the PG deal but also the Clippers were going to make that trade no matter what

Clippers don't make that trade they're a better team now than they are today.

Gave up draft capital, and a player who is a legit superstar for a player who at no point in his career has been a top 5 player.

More Dame talks the more I realize he's just probably not good at business.

Iono, he got a super max, I think his business is fine. If anything, all his talking makes it seems like at this point he is worried about where his legacy is going to end up because at this rate it looks like he may be one of the few Top 75 players from this era without a ring. Melo, Harden, CP3 and Russ are the others I believe (Melo and CP3 are era crossovers though).

Looking at the loss column & they’re only 2 games out of missing the play-in.

Portland & New Orleans are done and you’d expect 1 of OKC/Utah to also fade. So it’s really all about avoiding the 10 seed so you don’t have to win two road games to get in

Unless OKC/Utah don’t actually fade :lol: Then you’re in trouble.

Will be a very entertaining ending to the season.
Remaining SOS:

5. LAC - 0.516 (9 games remaining)
6. GSW - 0.513 (9)
7. OKC - 0.457 (10)
8. DAL - 0.463 (10)
9. MIN - 0.484 (10)
10. UTA - 0.538 (11)
11. LAL - 0.478 (10)
12. NOP - 0.525 (10)

of course being consistent to both but you can’t expect them to get every call right. The pace of the NBA is crazy and players from both teams are trying to trick you. Its not an easy job by all means.
This is why the human referee is an ancient concept. Its time to let AI ref the games. They can keep up and don't get starstruck around certain players.

Iono, he got a super max, I think his business is fine. If anything, all his talking makes it seems like at this point he is worried about where his legacy is going to end up because at this rate it looks like he may be one of the few Top 75 players from this era without a ring. Melo, Harden, CP3 and Russ are the others I believe (Melo and CP3 are era crossovers though).

All those guys at least won games in a Conference Finals (Melo) or made it to the Finals. (CP3, Harden, Russ, even the Ewing's, Barkley, Stockton/Malones, Reggie etc)

He doesn't get to "I did it my way" then complain when his team ain't **** year after year.

Don’t see Utah packing things up, but they have a really tough schedule left and will probably drop some games. OKC schedule is relatively easy.

michael-jordan-bulls.gif

All those guys at least won games in a Conference Finals (Melo) or made it to the Finals. (CP3, Harden, Russ, even the Ewing's, Barkley, Stockton/Malones, Reggie etc)

He doesn't get to "I did it my way" then complain when his team ain't **** year after year.

EYE agree with you. I'm just saying that the way he keeps harping on it, he's really irritated. It's basically turned into

Nobody:
Nobody at all:
Dame: Hey man, I'm loyal and doing it my way. Rings Culture is ruining the NBA. I don't run from the grind and I don't play through rebuilds. I didn't sign this super max in a city that I'm comfortable in to do that.

The Knicks fanbase want him to be in his prime right now at 22. The Knicks I believe are still in on RJ unless it’s for the missing piece right now.

Grant is actually someone who + RJ & the rest of the starters will bring them to ECF contention imo. He’s unrestricted this year too.

Dunno anything about KAT in the playoffs but I recall him not showing up being a thing.

Agreed. It's been proven that Grant as the #1 (Pistons) or #2 (Blazers) option won't take you anywhere near playoff contention. But Grant behind two all stars and being a star in his role can do a lot of damage.

I don't know if they need to make a big splash for a star like Dame or KAT, just keep building on your foundation, maximize the return on the draft capital and they will be in great shape to contend for an ECF.

Back
Top Bottom