The Official NBA Thread: Heat vs Bulls and Pelicans vs Kings for 8 Seeds

Are there even a huge celtics and heat fans on here?
Do we need to take sides and play along tonget off some takes?

20230530_105109.jpg

Awesome stuff

Are there even a huge celtics and heat fans on here?
Do we need to take sides and play along tonget off some takes?

One “take” I have is IDK why B Sox B Sox thinks it is ridiculous that folks are questioning the idea of paying Jaylen Brown $59MM annually especially with this new CBA kicking in that will be limiting 🤷‍♂️ If you are Boston you have to at least see what else you could get for him. A deal may not be worth it but you absolutely have to check the temperature of the marketplace.

Yeah I think Denver sweeps or wins in 5 at least. No better player to put in the middle of a zone than Jokic. Middies and floaters all day or Gordon in the dunker spot

One “take” I have is IDK why B Sox B Sox thinks it is ridiculous that folks are questioning the idea of paying Jaylen Brown $59MM annually especially with this new CBA kicking in that will be limiting 🤷‍♂️ If you are Boston you have to at least see what else you could get for him. A deal may not be worth it but you absolutely have to check the temperature of the marketplace.
I mean what is the potential deal? Is it then gonna bring in someone that’s going to put me in the same position financially in a year?

I just don’t really get how it would be wise to intentionally make your team worse immediately when you’re one of like 4-5 teams that has a realistic shot at winning a title.

I think they should just sign Jaylen to the supermax and give it a go until 2025. Then make a decision because that's when the Jays supermaxes kick in.

They'll lose Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard, but everybody else is locked in the next two years.

I think they should just sign Jaylen to the supermax and give it a go until 2025. Then make a decision because that's when the Jays supermaxes kick in.

They'll lose Grant Williams and Payton Pritchard, but everybody else is locked in the next two years.
not a bad option

i do think they need to demote smart to the bench and have a legit point guard who is smart

in certain situations that team literally has no direction, when they miss 12 straight shots they keep playing iso ball a smart point guard imo can help in those situations. smart point guards are rare

this makes me miss jameer nelson :frown:

I mean what is the potential deal? Is it then gonna bring in someone that’s going to put me in the same position financially in a year?

I just don’t really get how it would be wise to intentionally make your team worse immediately when you’re one of like 4-5 teams that has a realistic shot at winning a title.
I agree with this. I don’t think he’s the answer but I don’t think he’s going to get you the guy to get you over the hump. Just gotta hope they figure it out

What exactly is the market for Grant Williams? I know Simmons and people keep mentioning like $15-20M on pods, but who is the team paying that for what he does?

He’s a good role player that would be useful to a playoff team, but pretty much every playoff team doesn’t have cap space.

Jaylen is a number 2/3 guy. Will get a max deal, but the Tatum and brown combo may have ran its course.

What exactly is the market for Grant Williams? I know Simmons and people keep mentioning like $15-20M on pods, but who is the team paying that for what he does?

He’s a good role player that would be useful to a playoff team, but pretty much every playoff team doesn’t have cap space.
I would guesstimate $12-15M? Could see him in Utah (Ainge/Hardy, long-term PF) and Indy (gaping PF spot). Maybe more since both teams have more than enough cap space to make it queasy for Boston.

Back
Top Bottom