The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

To be clear I don't agree with the KD = Carmelo argument.

Im just saying history I think shows you probably don't want KD as the leader for your team.

Warriors won rings without KD and KD never won one away from GSW, those are facts …Arguing anything else is just a waste of time and trolling

At the age of 9, did you still think GSW would win even with guys being out? Be honest

First of all I was 18, a month away from 19 during the 2015 Finals.

They had the MVP, the DPOY and another all-star in their starting lineup going against Lebron and a bunch of role players. That ring wasn't impressive.

Took a lot to beat the dubs (bron and Kyrie going crazy, dray nut kicking, etc) and folks saying they couldn't win without kd.
They would've added some pieces and put themselves in a position to be back in the finals in my opinion.
Oh, wait...quick rebuild on the fly and they hoisted another chip.

That's nice to say, but like it just seems like if KD is driving the bus there's dysfunction.

He chose to have Kyrie on his squad, he chose Steve Nash, he chose to get rid of Nash.

He was a big part of creating that environment.

It always seems to follow him hard to think he's not somewhat responsible.
My response to you was solely based off on court play when you said this-

“they don't have a good structure because building your offense around an ISO player has inherent limitations.”

At that time I think they were statistically the best offense ever. And they still almost knocked out the eventual champs without Cryrie and with a hobbled Jimbo. That team was incredibly good. Definitely better than Milwaukee (if healthy) and would’ve smoked Phoenix.

Told MVP MVP that he definitely needs to be blamed for his choices from a stability standpoint.

Used KD to get 3 more rings but GS logic is they didn't need him.

The 22 rebuild doesn't happen if you don't have Durant as an asset to trade for Dlo who eventually turned into Wiggs.

Feel like we saw what's happening with Durant in OKC as well. Ya there were personnel and coaching shortcomings, but sure seems like his offense short-circuits come playoff time minus the three year stop-gap in Golden State when he was was playing off Steph and their system.

I enjoyed kd on the team cause the rest of the league knew it was a wrap. The league needed a heel to root for. Always have.

what are you talking about? you’re just automatically assuming they’d lose then the in between years? if we didn’t get KD we for sure would of gotten someone else we had really good contracts and fiscals at that time. This is a terrible take lol. They were 73-9 before they got KD. And that would have been a few years of prime unleashed Curry. We all saw how much he sacrificed those years when Kd left and he went back to whooping on people.

That’s the funniest thing to me. A 73-9 team, with their core smack in their prime. Coming off of winning a chip, and then losing in 7. With $35 million in cap space….was just going to stay put :lol:

Good video describing Wolves team defense and some of the ways Gobert impacts the court outside of his matchup

Highlight for me is how the consistency of length and active defenders wears on the Suns over the course of the game

Back
Top Bottom