The Official NBA Thread

'23 only comes every 100 years, make sure to celebrate this rare occurrence appropriately, none of us will ever see another

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg
Cool but still factually incorrect .

I just read a blurb that teams could be interested in a Mavs wing

I’m assuming hardaway and/or dfs? At this point it’s clear the team ain’t it even with a weak west

I’d rather build up the right way than keep putting bandaids on the roster

We should but we won’t

Spencer and Dorian will never have higher trade value and we aren’t re-signing Spencer in 17 months
I've thought for a few weeks now their best course might be a light sell-off for draft capital, get deep into lottery to keep this pick and still have assets to trade for a star this summer/into next season when they find the right deal.

Whole thing needs a re-tool and realistically probably would've (albeit to a slightly lesser extent) whether Jalen was here or not.
I saw something earlier that said they're hoping to deal DFS for a 'star'
Was initially reported as "in a deal for a star" and has gotten turned into this nonsense. :lol:

old heads might be annoying with their takes on modern basketball but there's also a lot of revisionist history being dropped by younger people who've never seen older players live. lots

Wait.. we gon act like there isn't a old head contingent that subscribes to the "back in my day" philosophy. Plenty of retired NBA players and fans continually trying to rewrite history to downplay what guys are/aren't doing today.

Guys like Shaq, Stephen Jackson, Arenas, Paul Pierce, Perk, Stephen A, Skip, and plenty others always talking that bull**** like they played during segregation.

I just saw a clip of Gilbert saying he would be unfuardable today because he’s bigger than every point guard. The lther guy brought up speed and he said he’s also faster than every point guard :lol:

You would think he’s LeBron

What bets you got for it :nerd:
nothing as of yet

a bit iffy on tonight game for sixers to cover - half the team was getting litty at eagles game last night and i am sure they celebrated over night somewhere with rubin and eagles players

-9.5 is a good bit and Magic have been keeping games somewhat close esp vs good ones recently

i cant bet against my teams tho so i most likely will pass and just watch

old heads might be annoying with their takes on modern basketball but there's also a lot of revisionist history being dropped by younger people who've never seen older players live. lots
It goes both ways.

Shaq wants it only one way.

D892BC6A-EAD1-44D6-AA13-218267869100.gif

We acting like the players aren’t more athletic, bigger, better sports medicine, analytics, etc today.

Just like we’re not acting like it wasn’t a more physical game back then.

Or there isn’t shenanigans like Play In or mid season tournaments trying to be baked in.

We can’t front that Luka, Lebron, Wembanyama or Jokic aren’t freak athletes that wouldn’t thrive today or back then.

Also, shout out to AI for always being one of them ones.
Man ain't got a hating bone in his body. Gives everyone their flowers.
This how you supposed to age gracefully with the NBA.
lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-hugs-nba-hall-of-famer-allen-iverson-during-the-game.jpg

allen-iverson-steph
Also, shout out to AI for always being one of them ones.
Man ain't got a hating bone in his body. Gives everyone their flowers.
This how you supposed to age gracefully with the NBA.
lebron-james-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-hugs-nba-hall-of-famer-allen-iverson-during-the-game.jpg

allen-iverson-steph
1675099444719.jpeg

I don't think Mike ever threw himself on the ground and cried because of a missed foul call with 5 minutes left in a regular season game

Yall not gonna slander the greatest in the year of the GOAT to defend pretenders to the throne

Weird *** cult ran in here bright and early to show videos of Mike arguing with refs (and not one on his knees crying like a *****) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom