THE OFFICIAL A I R M A X DELUXE THREAD

I know the enamel is sorta close to an OG colorway
Yeah, there was a womens colorway very close IIRC. Any one have pics of those for comparison?

I need a new pair of grasshoppers got one OG on ice that I wouldn't attempt to wear. And a pair I wore semi regularly that lasted up until spring last year but is now showing signs of midsole blowout near the toe.

Varsity red/Black/Cool grey Footaction exclusives need to drop as well. Those were a go-to shoe for a long time. If they drop those, I really hope they include the polka dot detailing in the airbag.

In addition to the swirl pattern, we've GOT to see some of the flame pattern joints. I keep saying this, but there are so many possibilities for awesome colorways in this shoe, but Nike is really slacking with the releases. I was so hyped when I heard these were coming back out, but I've only copped 3 pairs so far. It's been a major disappointment.

Another factor is comfort. These retros are REALLY stiff. They're nowhere close to the OGs. People keep putting it off saying "It's a 20 year old design. Tech has come a long way." And while that's true, these feel NOTHING like the OGs. Not even close. The Deluxe was always even more cushioned than the 97/98 due to its multiple layered insoles. Even with an insole swap in these retros, they feel very hard. Any one who owned the OGs can attest that the cushioning felt no different than shoes with the Air Max 2013-2017 Midsole. Very soft and pillow like. If the cushioning and comfort were better, I'd be more inclined to buy colorways I may not be 100% on. But with lackluster comfort and lackluster colorways... I can't justify buying a lot of these, even on discount. I do want to pick up habanaros, but other than those, OG Arctics and Triple blacks... Not much released is really doing it for me, especially at $200.

Tldr: Drop more OG colorways and do something about the brick-like cushioning.

Y’all see these ? Lol
60EDEBEE-1E4F-4536-8143-18E305E34F29.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom