The Official Adidas D Lillard 1

Lillard :pimp:

“You see some people have come out with shoes and they didn’t want their shoes to be expensive … That was big for me,” said Lillard. “I really like the Boost in the shoes I wear now, but the shoe would have been, I think, a lot more expensive. I think like $50 or $60 more expensive and I didn’t want it to be that way. I wanted it to be at a reasonable price, especially for my first shoe. The crowd that I really want to be able to wear my shoe, I want them to be able to afford it.”

Lillard debates were bound to happen in this thread.

For me, I'm a huge fan and admire his style.  I went bananas when he buried the Rockets last year, I was seriously screaming in my apartment.  He was a gem in his draft class and essentially picked up where Brandon Roy left off.

I got him in the top 10 PG's for sure and if we're talking about young PG's, definitely top 5.  But he got smoked by Tony Parker last year, as did the Blazers in general.

I still have Curry, Rose (if healthy), Westbrook, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving and Tony Parker ahead of him.  All these guys have sigs or sigs coming except for Westbrook.  I'm glad Lillard got his own, Adidas needs to diversify their sigs and Rose is too frequently injured. 
Okay, I'll concede those PGs being ahead of him, for now. 

But could you imagine if Brandon Roy was still playing on this team?? 

Of course, they may or may not have gotten Lillard at that point, but BRoy, LA, and Lillard. That's a good core.

Back to the shoes though, I do like Adidias adding more sigs to their lineup with the Wall and Lillard lines. Dwight just doesn't sell shoes and Rose line is good but he hasn't played a meaningful game in two years which hurts. Especially with what I hear about Kyrie and Steph getting their own lines next year.

Lillard
pimp.gif
Thanks for posting this.

I've got a great feeling about this model... lookin like full length adiprene+ ?  Should be solid.  They look like the fit will be right too

As a low-top junkie... I can't wait

Thanks for posting this.

I've got a great feeling about this model... lookin like full length adiprene+ ?  Should be solid.  They look like the fit will be right too

As a low-top junkie... I can't wait
Asking because I'm ignorant, but how can you tell whether a shoe is adiprene vs adiprene+? My understanding is that they are a bit different but are most shoes either one or the other or a combination of the two?

Last edited:

Asking because I'm ignorant, but how can you tell whether a shoe is adiprene vs adiprene+? My understanding is that they are a bit different but are most shoes either one or the other or a combination of the two?
To be honest, I have no idea of knowing unless it's listed or there is the + by the logo on the midsole or somewhere on the shoe...

I actually don't know the technical differences between the two myself.

To be honest, I have no idea of knowing unless it's listed or there is the + by the logo on the midsole or somewhere on the shoe...

I actually don't know the technical differences between the two myself.
Here is a video nightwing linked to describing the difference between adiprene and adiprene+

im going to buy all 3 models. they all look good.

Me too and it's gonna be hard to resist just getting one colorway of each. Good thing all three aren't priced too high and will be had on discount because they aren't limited or hyped up. Lillards aren't gonna be out until 2015 so we have some breathing room.

Last edited:
Me too and it's gonna be hard to resist just getting one colorway of each. Good thing all three aren't priced too high and will be had on discount because they aren't limited or hyped up. Lillards aren't gonna be out until 2015 so we have some breathing room.

Goodness its going to be sucha good year for balling. i mean i love all 3 of the players, rose, lillard, and wall, in that same order too.

I'm in for the Lillards and at least one pair of full length Boost shoes.  Not feeling the Rose 5, but we'll see what else comes out down the line.  JW's look okay, but if I'm getting Adi+, it's gonna be the Lillards.

Haven't been this hyped about Adidas basketball since the Supernatural Creator, Rose 1/1.5, TS Low Motion era.

Really glad Dame got a sig. Was kinda salty that Wall got one and he didn't, initially. There's definitely some potential here, hopefully they'll be comfy. Will give them a shot.

Last edited:
thats a good question.. i dont even know what adipure is. is that what they've always had in all of their shoes?
Adipure is in the crazy quick and the crazy quick 2. I don't actually own any shoes with adiprene I don't believe so I was wondering how they compare.

Im super excited for this shoe as well. I'm really excited with the direction that Adidas went with D-Lilard and Wall line. I talked briefly with Adidas footwear design Thomas Harting and he went into detail about how the brand was forced to look for alternative athletes aside from Derrick Rose after he suffered injures! He said the brand had no answers for what happened to Rose and these 2 signature lines are off-spines of the 2011-2012 NBA season. So two years later, Which is average time for product to be created from ideation to retail we have the Lillard and the Rose signature lines.

Heres a color way that I found in the "YEZZI x Adidas Collab" thread! It was initially speculated to be Ye's shoe but its the D.lILLARD 1! Im LOVING THE ALL RED COLORWAY! FLAMES!!!

Last edited:
looking forward to these... the all red pair is pretty spiffy.

Last edited:
I know it's too early to judge, but that outsole pattern doesn't look very promising for traction. 

Im super excited for this shoe as well. I'm really excited with the direction that Adidas went with D-Lilard and Wall line. I talked briefly with Adidas footwear design Thomas Harting and he went into detail about how the brand was forced to look for alternative athletes aside from Derrick Rose after he suffered injures! He said the brand had no answers for what happened to Rose and these 2 signature lines are off-spines of the 2011-2012 NBA season. So two years later, Which is average time for product to be created from ideation to retail we have the Lillard and the Rose signature lines.

Heres a color way that I found in the "YEZZI x Adidas Collab" thread! It was initially speculated to be Ye's shoe but its the D.lILLARD 1! Im LOVING THE ALL RED COLORWAY! FLAMES!!!
Tired of all of the bad Yeezy impressions these days, but these here look great. Love the nod to the Rose Garden along the collar.

Back
Top Bottom