THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
These are real nice. The midfoot strap is not too bad as I was worried from early reviews. The midfoot kinda snug still but should feel great after break-in. The materials on Barbershop is super nice but no ventilation. Lightstrike seems okay right now but they should feel great after a few more wear. Better than the Bounce in the Don 1. The outsole is super wide and stable. Nice solid performer for $130.

These are real nice. The midfoot strap is not too bad as I was worried from early reviews. The midfoot kinda snug still but should feel great after break-in. The materials on Barbershop is super nice but no ventilation. Lightstrike seems okay right now but they should feel great after a few more wear. Better than the Bounce in the Don 1. The outsole is super wide and stable. Nice solid performer for $130.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Harden Vol. 4 KIDS Lightsaber colorway just leaked. Intrigued to see what y'all think... need official pics of men's sizing...

1571192842373.png

Just received these. Love how wide they are and the FYW-inspired midsole structure, great materials too.

Wish Adidas stopped fitting their shoes so long though, these seem about half an inch longer than the Vol 3s. Shouldn't be a problem with this lacing system anyway

Last edited:
Just received these. Love how wide they are and the FYW-inspired midsole structure, great materials too.

Wish Adidas stopped fitting their shoes so long though, these seem about half an inch longer than the Vol 3s. Shouldn't be a problem with this lacing system anyway
You got this colorway or the Harden volume 4 itself? I just copped the 4s yesterday. Feels great

Yeah sorry I meant the vol 4. I got the "barbershop". Gonna get the pink ones too for sure.

So annoying to get injured (possibly plantar fasciitis) right when new shoes get delivered :frown:

Anyone wants a size 9 barbershop for $110 shipped hit me up. Love the shoes but don’t like having a midsole with 3 different colors

Yeah sorry I meant the vol 4. I got the "barbershop". Gonna get the pink ones too for sure.

So annoying to get injured (possibly plantar fasciitis) right when new shoes get delivered :frown:

I know how it feels to be injured and have kicks waiting for ya. Hang in there...hope you have a quick recovery.

JS”

Just got done watching about a hour of NBA footage from the 1960-80....guards weren’t even able to dribble with both hands till the late 70s:rofl:

Buddy of mine just told me that Finish Line Willowbrook mall in Houston has the black with Camo V4 on shelves already. So if you like that colorway, check your local FL.

Buddy of mine just told me that Finish Line Willowbrook mall in Houston has the black with Camo V4 on shelves already. So if you like that colorway, check your local FL.

I just picked up the barbershops. anybody else think that lightstrike is kinda a let down compared to boost? atleast adidas dropped the price ten bucks. Don't getm e wrong Lightstrike is still comfortable, it just feels no where near as plush as boost underneath foot. also wrinkles like hell

this been messing me up past 3 months. thankfully league just ended, need to rest it and just skate

Man it's rough, I've played basketball maybe 3 times in the past two months. And that was just shooting around. I say that I'm not going to play and usually don't, but 2 weeks ago they needed another man for 3 on 3. I played and nothing happened, it's just always sore.

Take your time with that man. I’ve ruptured my achilles and the surgery and subsequent rehab is so challenging from a mental standpoint.

JS”

Thank you for the advice. There's literally nothing that I can do. I looked into stretching, physical therapy. The back and inside of my heel is swollen. It hurts every morning. I stretch and do the pinching as suggested, it helps but it's still not back to normal. Not even close.

I've literally been dealing with it for a year but never paid attention to it, it wasn't until recently that I realized that it's swollen.

I don't know man, it's just frustrating.

This is a shoe message board, and I have Sooo many shoes to play basketball in! :angry::angry::angry:

Man it's rough, I've played basketball maybe 3 times in the past two months. And that was just shooting around. I say that I'm not going to play and usually don't, but 2 weeks ago they needed another man for 3 on 3. I played and nothing happened, it's just always sore.

Thank you for the advice. There's literally nothing that I can do. I looked into stretching, physical therapy. The back and inside of my heel is swollen. It hurts every morning. I stretch and do the pinching as suggested, it helps but it's still not back to normal. Not even close.

I've literally been dealing with it for a year but never paid attention to it, it wasn't until recently that I realized that it's swollen.

This is a shoe message board, and I have Sooo many shoes to play basketball in! :angry::angry::angry:

Wow!! That’s really tough. Hang in there. I’m sure you’ve looked into most things but sometimes KT tape can alleviate some of the soreness. Additionally, Bauerfeind has an Achilles brace that may help. Surprised that the stretching and PT hasn’t helped. Keep at it if you can. And of course icing.

JS”

Wow!! That’s really tough. Hang in there. I’m sure you’ve looked into most things but sometimes KT tape can alleviate some of the soreness. Additionally, Bauerfeind has an Achilles brace that may help. Surprised that the stretching and PT hasn’t helped. Keep at it if you can. And of course icing.

JS”

Thank you for the advice!

Barbershops just arrived from ADC. They look big in hand and on foot after the sleek Vol 3s. Elastic band definitely keeps things locked in across the midfoot. Materials are pretty nice in person. Outsole is bright in person and feels sticky on my hardwood floors. Cushioning seems ok walking around - a little more bounce back than the Bounce I've tried in recent adidas shoes and less than most Boost hoop shoes. Shoe feels pretty light. About to head to the gym and see how they play.

sounds exactly the same with me tbh. I've played through the soreness but it gets bad to the end of a 1.5-2 hr session, and I fear pushing too hard and risking serious injury. Not sure what to do either, tried strengthening my calves, icing after i play. Every morning I limp outta bed

sounds exactly the same with me tbh. I've played through the soreness but it gets bad to the end of a 1.5-2 hr session, and I fear pushing too hard and risking serious injury. Not sure what to do either, tried strengthening my calves, icing after i play. Every morning I limp outta bed

We’re right here
source.gif

Every morning it hurts! I stretch and massage if I’m in the mood. I at least try to stretch. Twice in the past month I played basketball and it hurt to walk the next day so I’ve only played twice probably two weeks apart.

I’ve been going through it at least a year. Strangely the only time my achilles feels good is when my shoes are tied tight on the basketball court. Walking down steps makes my ankle feels like it’s going to fall off. Luckily that’s getting better.

They say time, stretching and whatever else makes it heal. But any bit of running and it comes back.

As you know, it’s just frustrating.

Barbershops just arrived from ADC. They look big in hand and on foot after the sleek Vol 3s. Elastic band definitely keeps things locked in across the midfoot. Materials are pretty nice in person. Outsole is bright in person and feels sticky on my hardwood floors. Cushioning seems ok walking around - a little more bounce back than the Bounce I've tried in recent adidas shoes and less than most Boost hoop shoes. Shoe feels pretty light. About to head to the gym and see how they play.

So I played in them for an hour or so and then worked out in them afterward. Cushioning is not as springy as I'm used to with Boost, but it does have some bounce to it and the impact protection feels good so far. Traction is very sticky so far. The floor I played on was really dusty and the shoes picked up a ton of dust. Traction worked well with the dust, but after a quick wipe it became excellent. The one issue I have so far is with the fit. No problems at all with the left foot. My right foot started to hurt progressively worse from midfoot pressure. On the lateral side of shoe the midsole wing that connects to the elastic band squeezes my right foot. I hope it breaks in.

So I played in them for an hour or so and then worked out in them afterward. Cushioning is not as springy as I'm used to with Boost, but it does have some bounce to it and the impact protection feels good so far. Traction is very sticky so far. The floor I played on was really dusty and the shoes picked up a ton of dust. Traction worked well with the dust, but after a quick wipe it became excellent. The one issue I have so far is with the fit. No problems at all with the left foot. My right foot started to hurt progressively worse from midfoot pressure. On the lateral side of shoe the midsole wing that connects to the elastic band squeezes my right foot. I hope it breaks in.

Got that issue you're taking about regarding the elastic band. Feels like there is a hard plastic between the mesh and elastic. The hard seam inside is rough in my foot too. The middle peak of the middle was pushing against my foot as well but it seem to went away after a few minutes.
I think the problems will go away after a thorough break in but I'm gonna wait until a nice discount.

Back
Top Bottom