THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Harden 5 is nowhere near as bad as advertised in my opinion from a tech and performance standpoint. I just dislike how inconsistent Adidas is in general
With the sizing of their shoes.

The 5's run at least a .5 half size big. I'm thinking almost a full size if you prefer a supreme lockdown. I went a whole size down on the 4's and had a nice fit. I hate the introductory colorway sold out because I want to exchange for a smaller size and will likely do so when and if they become available again.

I get that people can't get past the look of the shoe but that is another discussion altogether.
Definitely. I've gotten to the point where I basically won't buy an Adidas online unless it's a model I already have a pair of or it's some serious heat I need to jump on before it's gone and buying online is my only option. I buy them in stores almost exclusively. I also just pass on the brand much more then I used to because of this.

The sizing is ******

I think of plush as the BB NXT, Lebron 18, Crazy Explosive - out of the box, these aren’t close. I went half down and with laces cranked as tight as I can stand my feet are still coming out. The heel padding is set too low on the foot and don’t wrap around my ankle/heel. Coupled with the stiff insole and plastic upper, of it doesn’t break in, heel slip won’t go away.

But I’m still testing!!!!

I think of plush as the BB NXT, Lebron 18, Crazy Explosive - out of the box, these aren’t close. I went half down and with laces cranked as tight as I can stand my feet are still coming out. The heel padding is set too low on the foot and don’t wrap around my ankle/heel. Coupled with the stiff insole and plastic upper, of it doesn’t break in, heel slip won’t go away.

Keep us updated. Your experiences are definitely valued.

Thank you for the info

Nephew just got his V5 in today and wore them on the court for a tournament. In the V4s he’s a size 9 but he’s at the point where he needed a size 9.5 now in V4s since he grew. So my brother got him a 9.5 in the V5. His foot was sliding around so much in the V5 that he had to double sock AND put his V4 insole in it just to play in it and he still has foot slippage. Only bright spot is that he had decent traction. At the half, my nephew had to switch back to his V4s. My brother is wondering if these are a full size too big.

Just landed..rocking these casually so not really worried about the performance aspect..just dig the colors and silhouette

71CCB540-97A2-4EAF-9BC1-357EEA9FDCBF.jpeg

I've never been able to go TTS in any Hardens, or really ANY adidas shoe (save the UBs) for that matter.

V1 - full size down
V2 - half size down
V3 - half size down
V4 - half size down
V5 - full size down? (haven't tried these on yet)

If you only have time/money to order one size, I think half size down is pretty safe and go from there.

Mine will go back - I can’t do it. They physically hurt my feet. I played a half game in them, heel slip was terrible, insole feels like a brick, and the traction was ice skates. I don’t even want to break them in.

Wow:blush:

Mine will go back - I can’t do it. They physically hurt my feet. I played a half game in them, heel slip was terrible, insole feels like a brick, and the traction was ice skates. I don’t even want to break them in.

whoa. That is bad.

wow. That’s crazy!

Indeed...never thought I’d see the day where a shoe was so bad that not even Duke could finish reviewing it...especially a Harden...

Truly a shame how a great sig line has fallen so hard, and it doesn’t help that the Rockets/Harden are not doing well. I can see why these are only for sale on adidas.com. I thought it was weird that they didn’t release on other sites like Eastbay, Finishline, etc...

Now I’m really wondering why the V5s got pulled from all footsites for their original release dates. Maybe Adidas figured out they have a shoe that’s not up to snuff in any way. Especially for their marquee player.

Indeed...never thought I’d see the day where a shoe was so bad that not even Duke could finish reviewing it...especially a Harden...

Truly a shame how a great sig line has fallen so hard, and it doesn’t help that the Rockets/Harden are not doing well. I can see why these are only for sale on adidas.com. I thought it was weird that they didn’t release on other sites like Eastbay, Finishline, etc...

you and I literally posted the same exact thing/thinking at the Same time. Been wondering about this as well.

Actually they’re not even for sale on adidas.com....

Something is up...either:

A. Harden never really tested the shoe due to all his b/s and now he doesn’t even like the shoe now that the season has started...

B. The shoe released to the public has a flaw (similar to the LeBron 17 debacle).

Or a combo of both in some form or fashion, which would also explain why he wore the Vol 1 for the first game...

Last edited:

A. Harden never really tested the shoe due to all his b/s and now he doesn’t even like the shoe now that the season has started...

B. The shoe released to the public has a flaw (similar to the LeBron 17 debacle).

Or a combo of both in some form or fashion, which would also explain why he wore the Vol 1 for the first game...

I don’t really keep up with Bron’s shoes. What happened with the 17s?

The 17s? You mean the metal clasp that was originally plastic on the 12s

The only debacle I recall is the Lebron 14. Released like 2-3 months late and still sucked.

I haven't heard or read one positive review on these Vol. 5s. Adidas is not doing well, lately.

The only debacle I recall is the Lebron 14. Released like 2-3 months late and still sucked.

I haven't heard or read one positive review on these Vol. 5s. Adidas is not doing well, lately.
Yeah don't know what's up with them? The DON line is really standing out. They keep rushing his shoes out, barely marketing them and moving on to the next quickly. They have been dropping absurd numbers of colorways of each sig line as well.

Just feels/seems like they don't have much of a plan at the moment.

I got an ad on youtube for Adidas.

It was 15 seconds of the standard stan smiths against an orange background, in complete silence.

🤷‍♂️

I was talking about when the public release LeBron 17 had s different Air Max 270 compared to the version LeBron himself was wearing. I was watching a video about it from SneakerGearz and then also saw articles about it as well.

L
But that’s what is frustrating - the DON

But that’s what is frustrating - the DON 2, Dame 7, and Pro Boost are all top ten shoes for me for 2020. Then we get the terrible Rose 11 and these bricks. I know not every shoe from every brand can be great, but they have 5, FIVE models as flagships.

I'm legit wondering if I should wait to exchange the 5's for a smaller size or just cut my losses, return for a refund and call this shoe a wash. I was really looking forward to having a decent Adidas shoe for 2021.

Adidas basketball has been my go-to brand for the last few years due to Nike's seemingly lack of inspiration on their sig models.

The Crazy BYW 2.0 is one my favorite basketball shoes of 2020 and their last decent basketball drop. Guess I'll be stocking up on more of those and venturing a little more towards Puma basketball. I really like what they're doing over at Puma with their basketball line!

Now they are showing up on adidas but will not be available until Feb 5. Will that be enough time for them to make the necessary changes to the shoes I wonder? It would also be cool if they pulled in YouTube reviewers and had them testing the shoe for a while as they fix whatever is wrong with them.

Here is another great review of the shoe:

Last edited:
It all sounds great on paper and then hearing people’s experience in them being the complete opposite is disappointing. Is there anything good about the Vol. 5s? Haha

Back
Top Bottom