THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just landed..rocking these casually so not really worried about the performance aspect..just dig the colors and silhouette

UPDATE: Man I can't even rock these casually! First of all they are gigantic on foot and there was a lot of heel slippage with my true size...Even laced up tight...and it's not even worth grabbing these a half size down....These are going straight back to adidas.

Now they are showing up on adidas but will not be available until Feb 5. Will that be enough time for them to make the necessary changes to the shoes I wonder? It would also be cool if they pulled in YouTube reviewers and had them testing the shoe for a while as they fix whatever is wrong with them.

Here is another great review of the shoe:

I think you’re possibly right. They might be or have already made changes to the shoe and is why the release dates were moved. That’s the only speculation I can think of

Adidas isn't making changes. They have been pulling stock then bring them back (Green Don 2 and purple Dame 7) or have later release.
They're gonna take the L on this one, mark them down, and learn from this. I'll try on a pair still.

That is so strange that launch colorway is now slated for a second "launch" on Feb 5th. What is adidas doing?

Sometimes shoes are greater than the sum of their parts and sometimes shoes just feel like the brand threw a bunch of tech together and you get a disjointed, disappointing shoe. Too bad the 5s sound like they are just a miss in almost every area. I don't think adidas can make any quick changes to save these shoes.

I miss adidas having multiple good Boost hoops options. I had hopes this would be one of them, but I guess not. Ugh...

Last edited:
1610494168235.jpeg

I'm actually really into the aesthetics on these but I was really disappointed by the 4 performance-wise and these sound like by all accounts they're horrible to play in?

The cny vol 5 just dropped here in HK. The sizing is one of the weirdest bball shoes i have ever tried. From the vol 2 to 4 i wear 9.5 n is very consistent. In the 5 as reviewed by the wesrtesters, go true to size experience heel slippage. The toe box is wider, I tried my tts then went down half a size. Going down half a size is fine for me. No heel slip much better. My feet fits perfectly. In the predecessors, theres a elastic band to secure the mid to forefoot. In the 5 however, adidas removed it. But by going down 1/2 a size, whreres the band used to be this time i can still feel that lock down feeling in the forefoot. On to the cushioning, the whole midsole insert concept really borrowed from the kobe line. As u already knew the 5 was designed by Ken Link. The only down side which bothers me is the sticky rubber on the insoles. My socks tend to go out of place when i walk. But i havent this issue found in my kobe 7s. I suggest not to wear no show socks in these. The heel pads tends to rub against the socks alot. I agreed these arent for everyone. Some say going down fits tight n small. Good luck if u interested to get yours. Peace.
IMG_20210117_114429_copy_1206x985.jpg

The black/white Stepback 2's been on the move on ADC since the Harden trade, but then again I think they had a promo this weekend so that may have a lot to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom