THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN - VOLUME 8 IN LOS ANGELES (CLIPPERS)

Should Vol. 2 have a new thread or keep it here?

• Here

Votes: 56 73.7%
  • New

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that’s the point. Not enough marketing campaigns for his shoes. Adidas needs to create some more buzz. It seems they’re just relying on James to ball out and create his own buzz.

They need to come up with more story lines to make the shoes more interesting & think of colourways based on stuff he likes. the whole i wrote a note to my mom, imma be a star thing gets old after a while...

he has trolli gummies, why not give us a crazy trolli colourway, something along those lines.. even with the voyager, cosmos shoes they could have done a galaxy print upper or something, make it more space themed.

20190107194000.jpg

20190107194003.jpg

anyone else super pissed off that Nike secured the NASA collab for PG?!? adidas lame af for not securing a NASA collab for Harden. PG getting a NASA collab makes no sense to me.. i mean the beard showed up to a game dressed like this:

FC21975C-DE4C-4972-A0B9-DB910681157B.jpeg

Nike getting dudes cereal packs, playstation shoes, nasa shoes & i feel like adidas hasn't done **** for James. Dame got the Bape collab. why does James get no love? most of his shoes kinda plain looking and doesn't really match up with the rest of his crazy outfits, that's why he walks into the arena in designer kicks most of the time.
adidas basketball really needs to do better when it comes to his shoes and clothing line..
Brands don't actually collab with NASA; they just get permission to use the logo. HP, Vans, Nike, all of them didn't actually design anything with NASA or even work with them, they just got permission. adidas could do this too.

Definitely feels like a huge miss though to have NASA in your marquee player's market and not have any product with NASA on it.

20190107194000.jpg

20190107194003.jpg

anyone else super pissed off that Nike secured the NASA collab for PG?!? adidas lame af for not securing a NASA collab for Harden. PG getting a NASA collab makes no sense to me.. i mean the beard showed up to a game dressed like this:

Nike getting dudes cereal packs, playstation shoes, nasa shoes & i feel like adidas hasn't done **** for James. Dame got the Bape collab. why does James get no love? most of his shoes kinda plain looking and doesn't really match up with the rest of his crazy outfits, that's why he walks into the arena in designer kicks most of the time.
adidas basketball really needs to do better when it comes to his shoes and clothing line..

Think about it though.

Adidas also has Leo Messi on their roster. Arguably a top 3 marketable face on earth. But when was the last time you saw a Messi campaign on TV?

I know that soccer isn’t as big here as it is in Europe but still. When Nike had Ronaldo in the 90’s he was everywhere here.

I think adidas overall marketing approach is just to be way more passive in comparison with Nike’s bold, in your face, sometimes iconic advertising.

It doesn’t make any sense to me at all but that just seems to be part of their philosophy since forever.

They figure “eh we’re paying Harden $200M. He produces the marketing material on the court. That’s enough for us”.

Their idea of raising hardens profile is to sign His teammate on the Rockets Gerald Green to an endorsement deal. Someone in charge literally said “it would benefit us to sign Gerald Green”. Now I know companies give stars teammates deals all the time so that the percentage of a roster wearing the companies sig model increases, but Gerald Green And basically nobody else? Lol!

20190107194000.jpg

20190107194003.jpg

Marketing I feel like has never been adidas’ strong suit, at least not in the same way it is with Nike.

I’m a UCLA fan, and when UCLA was with adidas, UCLA gear was non-existent, even in Southern California. Only place to find it was online or on campus in Westwood. Not even at the adidas store in Santa Monica that’s minutes from Westwood. Now, UCLA’s brand has taken some tarnish over the years but you can’t argue it’s still a very marketable brand. But yet nothing from adidas. They BARELY marketed Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, and all their other big-name college basketball accounts.

So to see they’re not really pushing Harden isn’t really a surprise. It’s not like they’re pushing DRose, Lillard, or any of their other “name” guys.

20190107194000.jpg

20190107194003.jpg

This a part of the reason they fell off. Adidas became very complacent, almost cocky like when they dropped the UltraBoost and landed Yeezy. I haven't seen any innovation, great designs from the Stripes in going in 4 years .

Arthur Ashe Vol. 1s still sought after or was that just hype too?

What's the top selling shoes beside LeBrons and KDs?

this takes my adidas harden total up to 17 now. am curious how many hardens do you guys own?

i live in a BS country. India, so i always have to buy from abroad etc.. we don't get a lot of basketball stuff here.

3. Pioneer Vol 1s., Concrete Vol. 2s, and the tan LS Vol. 2.

No chance at a Vol. 3 at the moment but either W/B CW and those Rockets throwbacks are my favorite CWs so far.

20190107194000.jpg

20190107194003.jpg

Well isn't it like the Amercian born Asians/Middle Easterns who support Nintendo and Sony so heavily? Or just plain Americans who love Ford and Chevrolet?

The PG3 Nasas are dope, but don't think Adidas needs that to gain traction within basketball shoes. Looking at the new DRoses, the design is a big step in the right direction for more on-court appeal, but I couldn't see myself wearing that blacked out CW with a pair of good Levis.

Arthur Ashe Vol. 1s still sought after or was that just hype too?

What's the top selling shoes beside LeBrons and KDs?
I think they're sought after, sold my DS pair on StockX for $300-320 a couple months back.

Copped the blue pair, fit tight as hell but $31 can’t beat it

First pair of adidas since the tmac 4? The one without the laces

Man if there are other colorways to stock locate for 49.99 like the traffic jams or the California dreamin then it’s gonna be a real problem in my household this year...

Been playing my Vol 2 for close to a month and anyone else find the forefoot a little firm after a while? Cushioning is great, just feels like they lost that initial bounce they once had in the forefoot? Idk it’s like they feel great before playing like I’ll be able to feel the cushioning, but once I put in like 3 games the forefoot feels pretty dead (but my legs feel great and I don’t feel any fatigue). I have the maroon colorway FWIW, dunno if maybe other pairs have different tuned Boost or something.

We’ll see with the all blues/stepback that comes in today...

Last edited:
Man if there are other colorways to stock locate for 49.99 like the traffic jams or the California dreamin then it’s gonna be a real problem in my household this year...

Been playing my Vol 2 for close to a month and anyone else find the forefoot a little firm after a while? Cushioning is great, just feels like they lost that initial bounce they once had in the forefoot? Idk it’s like they feel great before playing like I’ll be able to feel the cushioning, but once I put in like 3 games the forefoot feels pretty dead (but my legs feel great and I don’t feel any fatigue). I have the maroon colorway FWIW, dunno if maybe other pairs have different tuned Boost or something.

We’ll see with the all blues/stepback that comes in today...
I think that's just boost life. It flattens a bit.

Wore my Vol 1's this morning for 4-5 games and they're still really good. More broken in the better with the leather toe cap and the traction for sure.

Have 3 FTL rewards and debating stock locating a pair of the 2's

I think that's just boost life. It flattens a bit.

Wore my Vol 1's this morning for 4-5 games and they're still really good. More broken in the better with the leather toe cap and the traction for sure.

Have 3 FTL rewards and debating stock locating a pair of the 2's

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying the Boost in yours feels bouncy still, or just overall comfort? I missed the Vol 1, Vol 2 is my first Harden shoe.

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying the Boost in yours feels bouncy still, or just overall comfort? I missed the Vol 1, Vol 2 is my first Harden shoe.
nah not "bouncy" but still there, but it does flatten out over time. Ultra boost the same way.
Too bouncy on court and you wouldn't have any reaction and court feel, could be dangerous laterally too.
The 3's do have the least amount of boost in the forefoot if I remember correctly, so they're not designed to be that cushioned.
Better over with Crazy Explosive or CLB from last year or so for that

nah not "bouncy" but still there, but it does flatten out over time. Ultra boost the same way.
Too bouncy on court and you wouldn't have any reaction and court feel, could be dangerous laterally too.
The 3's do have the least amount of boost in the forefoot if I remember correctly, so they're not designed to be that cushioned.
Better over with Crazy Explosive or CLB from last year or so for that

Gotcha, thanks man!

nah was about to get the California dreaming located but then I thought the stepback or whatever was nicer

Yeah I got the blues in store too haha which mall you go to? Cannot find any other colors in store. Might stock locate now

Yeah I got the blues in store too haha which mall you go to? Cannot find any other colors in store. Might stock locate now
FTL at Great Lakes, they had em all on the floor.

they also had a random pair of PG 1 in a black/dark grey? with small hints of light blue in 10.5 for $39.99, if it was a solid color way I woulda copped with a VIP reward for $20 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom