THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by thapointguy, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Here

56 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. New

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

Yea I was wondering the colorway. I assume not the peach pair, always wanted those

Got a $20 VIP too

2. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

Copped the blue pair, fit tight as hell but $31 can’t beat it

First pair of adidas since the tmac 4? The one without the laces

bballkid11 likes this.
  3. jaynev

jaynev

got VIP rewards to use, too... wanted all black

@Bert. what colors you try

4. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

I copped what they had in store, the blue pair with the red

they looked pretty clean they didnt have much in stock

5. jaynev

jaynev

Oh gotcha you didn’t stock locate

6. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

nah was about to get the California dreaming located but then I thought the stepback or whatever was nicer

7. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

Man if there are other colorways to stock locate for 49.99 like the traffic jams or the California dreamin then it’s gonna be a real problem in my household this year...

Been playing my Vol 2 for close to a month and anyone else find the forefoot a little firm after a while? Cushioning is great, just feels like they lost that initial bounce they once had in the forefoot? Idk it’s like they feel great before playing like I’ll be able to feel the cushioning, but once I put in like 3 games the forefoot feels pretty dead (but my legs feel great and I don’t feel any fatigue). I have the maroon colorway FWIW, dunno if maybe other pairs have different tuned Boost or something.

We’ll see with the all blues/stepback that comes in today...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. jaynev

jaynev

I think that's just boost life. It flattens a bit.

Wore my Vol 1's this morning for 4-5 games and they're still really good. More broken in the better with the leather toe cap and the traction for sure.

Have 3 FTL rewards and debating stock locating a pair of the 2's

jrdatrackstar23 likes this.
  9. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

Thanks for the reply. Are you saying the Boost in yours feels bouncy still, or just overall comfort? I missed the Vol 1, Vol 2 is my first Harden shoe.

10. jaynev

jaynev

nah not "bouncy" but still there, but it does flatten out over time. Ultra boost the same way.
    Too bouncy on court and you wouldn't have any reaction and court feel, could be dangerous laterally too.
    The 3's do have the least amount of boost in the forefoot if I remember correctly, so they're not designed to be that cushioned.
    Better over with Crazy Explosive or CLB from last year or so for that

11. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

Gotcha, thanks man!

12. bballkid11

bballkid11

Yeah I got the blues in store too haha which mall you go to? Cannot find any other colors in store. Might stock locate now

13. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

FTL at Great Lakes, they had em all on the floor.

they also had a random pair of PG 1 in a black/dark grey? with small hints of light blue in 10.5 for $39.99, if it was a solid color way I woulda copped with a VIP reward for $20 :lol:

14. bballkid11

bballkid11

Man I might have to check em out. That is a trip for me haha

15. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

If you go it’s on the table by the register, only one pair tho

16. Naruto

Naruto

Edit : wrong thread

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  17. ziggyhtx

ziggyhtx

I have friends who have done this and they got great experience from it. Some weren't paid at all for their first couple of months

Naruto likes this.
  18. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

My stepback Vol 2 I just got in has some sort of slick film on the outsole. Can definitely confirm not all traction is created equal to start with the Vol 2, my Maroon Ignite colorway didn’t have this slick feeling so these will definitely have to be broken in first. The Boost feels so nice in this new pair, I wish it stayed this thick but I think it is the insole starting off thick and then thinning out after breaking it down.

bballkid11 likes this.
  19. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

love my pair, I got a my Jordan size, which is smaller than what I normally wear for ball kicks but these looked huge and heavy so went smaller. fit great and buy god they are tight on your hell and locked in. almost suffocating but they feel great.

surprised to hear the original reviews about the traction being bad, I was shooting around for an hour on an ok court, probably hasn't been redone in a decade and kinda dirty and grip was phenomenal which looking at the outsole I was expecting to slip and what not

like em so far especially $31 :lol: id grab another pair if I had another VIP

bballkid11 and jrdatrackstar23 like this.
  20. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

What colorway did you get? I was the same way, I even got the grey outsole and the traction was amazing for me when others said that was the pair traction was bad on. Is this is your first Vol 2?

I had also tried a half size down but they were too tight with the midfoot band and kept cutting off my circulation so I went back to my normal ball shoe size of 9.5 (same for DRose 6 and all my other Nike and BrandBlack kicks) and they fit perfect. Little dead space once broken in but the midfoot and back lockdown is so good it ends up just becoming extra toe space. That’s probably why I like these so much on top of the Boost (when it can be felt lol).

21. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

Yes first pair and it def feels like my circulation is being cut off :lol:

22. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

I would really recommend trying to break them in and playing them so that you at least have the 30 day window to return them if they don’t end up fitting correctly. At first I thought that they were going to break in and feel a little bit better, but they still felt tight even after breaking them in so I swapped for a half up I have found that the customizable lacing system really does help as well if you are feeling like they are too loose in the back end.

Speaking of that, I think I’m definitely going to contact Adidas customer service. The boost in my stepback all blue color way is ridiculous, almost to the point of I could see someone saying it is too bouncy. It never felt like this in my maroon ignite color way, even from the very beginning and I’m wondering if I ran into the same issue that I had with the D Rose 6 where not all boost is created equal. I was worried about this before I bought the Hardens, it looks like my suspicions might be correct. That must be why some people say the boost is really firm while others say it is really bouncy.

The stepback are more soft than firm, but a soft firm resulting in them being extremely bouncy and thick. My Maroons, even when first getting them only felt firm and barely any softness in the Boost (really it was more of the insole).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    ziggyhtx and bballkid11 like this.
  23. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

deal dead? they dont come up on google as nearby for $49.99, actually guy never scanned my code because he had an issue getting it to scan and manually did something

my code still live woulda copped another pair

24. bballkid11

bballkid11

If you find out let me know bro

I got a code also I want to use , may have you grab me a pair haha i could send my code

25. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

I just searched on google and the black red colorway comes up as 49.99 as of this morning.

Bert. likes this.