THE OFFICIAL ADIDAS THREAD OF JAMES HARDEN

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by thapointguy, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Here

56 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. New

20 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. kg21

kg21

Last night's shoes vs. the Bucks. They looked better on TV from far away. Love the lateral side of the shoe but the medial side with the white rectangle throws everything off. Should be black. I think the TPU strip on the lateral side should be black too. Normally I hate the zebra pattern PK but this black/white knit looks pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. si3n4

si3n4

Those PEs are not good looking.

peteweezy likes this.
  3. si3n4

si3n4

Your stepbacks sound closer to my pairs of the 2s while the maroons sound terrible. This is disappointing to hear since you and I have talked in the past about the inconsistencies with the earlier boost basketball shoes like the Rose 6. I've had a few pairs of the Vol 1s, 2s, and now 3s and the boost has been very consistent in each model across multiple pairs. Sucks you're not having the same experience and you continue to have a subpar experience with basketball boost. Are you going to keep either pair?

jrdatrackstar23 likes this.
  4. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

Thanks @si3n4, I appreciate your responses and help walking through this Boost thing lol! I went to adidas customer service site and they said no returns on worn footwear. I got my Maroons from Hibber Sports so I will check with them also. If adidas let’s me return them I will. I still love them, everything is great and I wouldn’t have even thought of the Boost being problem until I got these new ones. It made me think about how some people say it’s firm and you can’t feel it (like Nightwing and AnotherPair), while others say it’s really bouncy, so I knew something had to be up. The thing is, I never thought anything was wrong but my body feels great the next day and I am not sore so the Boost is working, I just can’t feel it in the Maroons.

I will play in my Stepbacks tonight and have an update but doing some slight runs and jumps the Boost is definitely different, it feels more like it propels you forward and bounces you. I know the insole starts off thick and gets thinner as you break the shoe in more, but this feels thick insole plus something thick and bouncy underneath it; my Maroons just felt thick but hardly soft.

I would like to buy more pairs of the Vol 2 at these prices (and if they all felt like this) but will wait until after breaking in these Stepbacks before moving further. One thing I noticed: when removing the insole of the Stepbacks you couldn’t see any Boost pellets in the cloth strobel, but in the Maroons it looks the Boost pellets are peeking through the cloth strobel. Maybe it just requires break in, but I thought my Maroons always had the Boost pellet imprints when they were brand new.

EDIT: So it looks like Hibbet said I can return them by mail and submit a return as defective since it is within 60 days. Hopefully I can get a refund and purchase another pair while they’re on sale.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    dubnation likes this.
  5. jaynev

jaynev

This. Took the L with those and during the game.

peteweezy likes this.
  6. MoneyAmeer

MoneyAmeer formerly mrlbjjdkb

E81EBF61-222D-46EC-ABBB-023F978F63FB.jpeg
    I’d definitely buy em

7. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

I don’t like the shoe in general

Look basic as ****

jamespatrick likes this.
  8. Bert.

Bert. formerly zyzz

Won’t have time to go out anywhere got a lot going on, kinda want California dreaming

Wonder when the sale is done, might call up but my FTL got lazy employees

9. rbk93

rbk93

Little bit too much going on for my taste.

10. Naruto

Naruto

Played in my 3s for the first time and it was in the middle of a game so it's hard to really judge. I don't really have any complaints so far but the boost is very foreign to me as it is my first boost shoe ever. I don't really know how to describe how it feels

jrdatrackstar23 and bballkid11 like this.
  11. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

From the good experiences I have had with Boost you KNOW it’s there. It just feels like a thick slab of marshmallow underfoot and really how you would expect it to feel based on how it looks (at least imo). I know the Vol 3 is supposed to be slightly thinner than the Vol 2 so I couldn’t tell you that much, but based on this Vol 2 I have that’s how it feels to me (the good pair, not the one I think is defective).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Naruto likes this.
  12. kg21

kg21

These were my thoughts when they first released. I went ahead and copped the Cosmos pair anyway because of the good performance reviews. I wear Hardens strictly for ball and they feel amazing on foot. The look has grown on me but I definitely thought they were too basic at first.

si3n4 and ziggyhtx like this.
  13. Naruto

Naruto

Its really soft as I'm sinking into it. However I'm not so sure I'm feeling any bounce back/"energy return" from the boost. It's not like a zoom bag that propels you back up. Idk if it's because the forefoot is too thin but I'll keep using them because everything else on point

dubnation, jrdatrackstar23 and si3n4 like this.
  14. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

That's how I feel about Boost as well with basketball. When I wear my Vol 2 more casually you can feel the Boost kind of like zoom in that it does give some feedback, but when you start playing in them and really put torque on the forefoot Boost it feels like it has just bottomed out and you don't feel that feedback anymore. Then, when I wear them the next day it feels like it gives feedback again until I play in them and becomes firm.

Naruto likes this.
  15. grittyman

grittyman

I like Boost cushioning, but the best way that I can describe it as it's just there and I don't really notice it that much so that's kind of a good thing. Zoom will always be my favorite but compared to other foam cushioning like Lunarlon, Phylon, Cushlon, etc Boost is just as good if not better. Some Boost models seem to have really thin forefoot cushioning so when that happens I'll usually swap out the stock insole and replace it with something thicker.

Naruto and jrdatrackstar23 like this.
  16. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

With the stock locate, will the same pricing apply from Foot Locker since they’re “sister companies” or does it have to be Champ’s price? They ran out of my size of the black reds I wanted to get and Champs has them online with the barcode.

17. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

So some observations after playing in my Stepbacks for around 4 hrs (plus casual wear to reduce any break in):

The Boost is definitely more noticeable and softer, even down to the actual outsole itself is even softer. I can literally nearly push into the Boost itself from the outsole of my Stepbacks, while my Ignite Maroon the sole is rock hard and you can barely even press into it. It’s actually to the point where I am afraid of the Boost bottoming out quickly because it is that soft and spongy (especially in the forefoot, my goodness it is spongy and soft but so low to the ground bouncy).

Here is where I am confused....

This is my 4th pair (technically, including sizing returns). All of the pairs I have had EXCEPT for these Stepbacks have had a hard outsole and really firm Boost to where it nearly feels dead. Maybe the Stepbacks are a bad pair?

I will probably go ahead and return my Maroon Ignites, get my money back, and use that to buy another pair from Foot Locker while the sale is going on.

18. ByleBuzma

ByleBuzma

9E271F86-E2A4-410D-977E-C28B61503235.jpeg

Doubt a better color than these will drop.

Hated the silhouette when the first pics game out.

Tried them on in store and was sold.

Adidas is still letting them go for $69 in an MVP season (posted my receipt a few pages back).

There won’t be a better performer this year. They’re basically the Kobe 8’s with better impact protection. The fit is flawless.

mische, jqqqqq, dubnation and 3 others like this.
  19. jaynev

jaynev

They that different then the vol 1?

20. si3n4

si3n4

Wow. I have not had pairs with that noticeable of a difference even when pushing on the sole. Your stepbacks sound more like my pairs of the V2s, so I'm curious what your next pair feels like. I hope your next pair is good and the stepbacks work out for you and don't bottom out significantly.

21. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

So the sole of your pairs are softer and the Boost is noticeably soft? That is just so crazy to me, ugh I’m gonna just give up lol. I wish I just knew what I was buying! With Zoom you ALWAYS know what it feels like for the most part, and even Brandblack foams. I’ve never had this much inconsistency with a cushioning system before :rofl::smh:

This how the footbed underneath my insole looks on my new pair.
    879EBE82-3E6A-41C0-9E19-6E1726547013.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    jaynev likes this.
  22. mische

mische

100% agree with everything except the first point. My favorite color in terms of the regular releases so far... the Drew League Vol 3's.

23. Naruto

Naruto

i saw the white colorway and got interested in this model. Ended up picking the space invader colorway ( the pink from the tongue bleeds on white socks if anyone's interested)

I agree that it is like a kobe, but way better as I hate drop in midsoles. These are very reliable shoes

24. si3n4

si3n4

That is how my shoes look under the insole and the boost has been bouncy and softish in my V2s. Not sure why your other pairs were different. Maybe you are just jinxed when it comes to Boost. Might be time to save up and just get the Kobe Protro 4s if zoom works better for you.

25. jrdatrackstar23

jrdatrackstar23

Haha true, I hate that I gave away my Kobe IVs. Boost is definitely better for my joints and it seems like it will definitely give me some more years to be able to play competitively. I have been sticking with foams for some years now so it may be time to give thick Zoom a try again if this next pair of Hardens are duds.