The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I don't like the BM angle, I think it is lazy writing to keep a piece in the story but on the backburner.

Agree I don't like the Big Mom angle either. Only thing question is, is Pudding there to deal with memories and when she does regain her memories will she remember eating Mother Caramel and the kids? Or will that still be onhold for Elbaf? Guess we'll see how it plays out. I never like amnesia plot lines, but I can live with it to see how the arc develops.

Not a huge fan of the Sanji stuff, only because I'd have liked him to resolve the issues with his family first or when he was in a more dire situation and was forced to throw away his pride. This was an abrupt turn, a bit shoehorned in. But I am glad he is finally realizing the need to put his pride aside in these situations. Otherwise he did look cool and he's going to have Ussop and Franky fix the suit to suit him. Probably make it part of his suits and Oda will really lean into the spy/james bond aspect for him.

IT'S LITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the BM angle.......new ally......(for now)
and im glad the Sanji thing was explained for people... This is basically how I imagined it last week
can't wait til others read!!!!
I gotta read again when it comes to SJ app. (which im happy to support but mad they don't have chapters earlier)

The reason the SJ app doesn't have the chapter earlier is because they release the chapter the day it comes out in Japan. So Sunday for the US, Monday for Japan. The scalanation sites get leaked copies of the magazine and put them online early, hence why we get it before the SJ app has it available. Shuiesha also just released their Manga Plus app to give everyone in the chapter free if it wasn't available in your country previously.

THE PROMISED NEVERLAND, JOJO AND THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO HAVE BEEN HITTING ON ALL CYLINDERS THIS SEASON. EVERY EPISODE HAS BEEN GREAT.

STILL GET A GOOD SMILE FROM THE JOJO ENDING SONG :lol:

One Piece is out
Here we go boys and girls. The fun is getting started. :pimp:
I'm almost positive that Komurasaki is Momo's sister now. And she wears that mask when playing the shamisen because I'm sure the song she plays is from her past so she hides the tears from the memories behind said mask.

Good chapter may need to read again some points were confusing. I didn't remember Robin had that ability, but thank goodness. I know the talking had to happen but man I was ready for some more action.

Good chapter may need to read again some points were confusing. I didn't remember Robin had that ability, but thank goodness. I know the talking had to happen but man I was ready for some more action.

Robin showed that ability in Fishman island when stopping the Luffy and Jinbe fight/argument. Just re-read that arc this week, so I have a clear memory of it. She can also sprout multiple half body clones out of objects too. Tomorrow the official translation will be out for free on Viz and one the Manga Plus app so check it out there. It will probably clear some stuff up.

Did i count 8 dragon heads?
I forgot that kinemon hasnt really showed us what he can do. And when he did show us something it was sort of beastly.
I love the story going on . But i need to see some more real samurais dangit.
Loved the ninjas tho. Want to see what they can do too

New Kingdom

who knew I would get so hyped off Ousen’s helmet twitching and saying “hoh” at Hi Shin news :rofl:

Interested to see how this Trojan horse strategy plays out

tdogg2k tdogg2k read Kingdom man!

Did i count 8 dragon heads?
I forgot that kinemon hasnt really showed us what he can do. And when he did show us something it was sort of beastly.
I love the story going on . But i need to see some more real samurais dangit.
Loved the ninjas tho. Want to see what they can do too

Re: Samurais; Ashura Doji stepping up to Jack was boss. I feel like he could probably beat him.

New Kingdom

who knew I would get so hyped off Ousen’s helmet twitching and saying “hoh” at Hi Shin news :rofl:

Interested to see how this Trojan horse strategy plays out

tdogg2k tdogg2k read Kingdom man!

Kingdom is great. I figured Ousen would mix in his men when he used the Locust move. They'll either steal food and throw it to Kanki or burn the extra food to in Gyou to starve them out faster and shake up Riboku and mess up the waiting game he has planned.

I know Ten is going to be the strategist, but with Gyoun still active I hope we get to see Shin rely on instinct and command the field rather than just allowing Ten too. It will show he's taking the next step like Mouten. Plus it seems to be what Ousen expects a bit too. Excited to see how it plays out.

finally a vinland saga trailer... lets ****in go!

Last edited:
Reactions: TXZ
One Piece
When I was originally reading I didn't think about Komurasaki being the Shamisen player. I do think this chapter makes it fairly clear she's Momo's sister.

There's obviously a lot to learn about the witching hour boy since the ninja said that was a great answer by Robin. I'm pretty sure he's one of the Kozuki samurai, but I think it'll be interesting to see what his role has been up to this point and going forward.

I wonder if Kyoshiro is aiming his sword at Orochi or someone else? Komurasaki is technically under his care or is his property, and he's been itching for a fight. It's a bit hard to see him attacking Orochi as that would ruin his standing, so maybe it's on of the ninja?

Really hoping Robin gets to do some cool stuff now that she is forced to escape. I'm sure Brook and Nami and the ninja may jump in, but Oda needs to let Robin shine here. There's not a ton to cover, but if Robin is forced to leave the capital she'll probably hide out in Ebisu town where it seems everyone is ending up. Zoro is already there, Law and Sanji's group was heading there too.

Over here watching GoldenBoy and wondering why this joint is only 6 episodes. I guess such story didnt call for that long of a run.

Dude is in his mid 20's taking on odd jobs and being a drifter. All while being sexually frustrated.. So i get it.

Last edited:
Over here watching GoldenBoy and wondering why this joint is only 6 episodes. I guess such story didnt call for that long of a run.

Dude is in his mid 20's taking on odd jobs and being a drifter. All while being sexually frustrated.. So i get it.
The manga went on longer

Yeah, but I'm not sure if they finished it. :lol:
I think it did end, but the ending wasn't great either that or they were hoping to get picked up in another magazine. It's like 94 chapters total. It gets really wild though from what I remember.

i aint gon front the luffy vs katakuri fight in the anime might be one of the worst things ive watched

If you've read the manga you KNEW it wouldnt translate well onto the anime. Not only did they drag it out over the course of MONTHS but the animation for 95% of the fight was straight trash. I know they poured some time and budget into animating the very end of it but still....

It's not like the battle itself was all that. Folks loved Katakuri but we were complaining about how it ended and how luffy really shoulda got smoked

"War of the Best" saga >>>>

So Wano is gonna' be animated in 2019-2020. Okay cool. :pimp:

Waiting for Big Mom arc to finish being completely animated and then i'll return to One Piece.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom