The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

@everybody

we getting hyped for Samurai 8? :nerd:

preview dropped today. first chapter in 3 weeks

56C94ABA-EDA7-4F26-84F3-A31E33BDD754.png

The main character seems interesting/has some interesting circumstances, I'll at least give it a shot.

Am I hyped though? Naw, by the end of Naruto I wasn't a fan of Kishi's writing.

The main character seems interesting/has some interesting circumstances, I'll at least give it a shot.

Am I hyped though? Naw, by the end of Naruto I wasn't a fan of Kishi's writing.

I’m a sucker for the sci-fi samurai setting so I have to at least give a try. Just have to hope it doesn’t go off the rails like Naruto at the end :lol:

New One Piece is out
Komurasaki is about to rise from the dead to rescue Tonoyasu. :lol:
For real though, they're just gonna have to advance their plans pretty soon because it isn't gonna get any better for them right now.

If yall aren't reading Chainsawman, you're missing out, it's a real treat. Denji is probably the best MC I've seen in a long time.

One Piece
Pacing for this arc is a bit all over the place. Act 1 was very fast paced. Act 2 has been fast at times then very slow paced at times. It like Oda is just moving around Chess Pieces, setting up the board, he knows what he wants to do and what moves he wants to make, but trying to disguise them or drag them out instead of getting to the point.

Kine'mon's plan will probably completely fail. I think a difference with this arc versus other arcs is Oda wants us to feel for the people of the island as a whole. He's done a lot of make the island feel like a real place and really know the populace and what they're facing. Where as a Dressrosa, you don't care about the people that much you're only connected to the dwarves, Riku, Rebecca, and Violet. Alabasta it's Vivi. Skypeia you barely know the people outside of Conis and Aisa, it more about Luffy and Enel. The scale of Wano is different.

The problem is the level of balance. We came into the arc knowing almost all of the major players. The Strawhats, Kaido himself, Kine'mon, Kanjuro, Raizo, the Minks, other supernovas, etc. But now Oda is taking time to build up the secondary and even tertiary characters and adding them. The thing saving it versus a Dressrosa is that we haven't had false starts to the conclusion like we did in that arc. In Dressrosa, it can be argued Luffy left the colosseum too early, so then he went to the castle, we thought oh this is it, no, he had to get the keys and climb the mountain, then we thought on this is it, no we had Bellamy distraction, the he went G4 and this was it, no he needed to recharge and we had to stall the birdcage, then finally it was the climax.

I don't think we'll have that in Wano, we'll just have a lot of preparation is the sense I'm getting. Then hopefully once the train starts it won't stop. Because of all the prep and exposition and the connectedness to Roger and other things, I think this arc will also be a big shift for the rest of the series and the endgame is really starting now.

As for the content of this chapter:
Greg who writes for Shounen Jump has a theory that Big Mom would come to the prison and literally squeeze the o-shiruko out of queen, but now it looks like that could happen to Luffy. But I'm wondering if Luffy practices his new armament on Big Mom and that brings her memory back.

We may be getting another Zoro fight soon. Also if Hiyori should up where Yasu is Orochi may realize he can't trust Kyoshiro. Also now majority of the strawhats will be together unless someone moves or leaves again. But this Yasu stuff does seem pretty sudden. Anyway I wonder how big of a catalyst this will be, will it cause the whole plan to blow up or accelerate things or what.

I do hope some of these plot lines either resolve or finish converging soon so that things can be a bit cleaner or so we can see where things are headed exactly.

That scene where zero get sliced by mihawk is my fav zoro scene by far. Side note I think this app gives u a discount for bulk and I think some anime fans would want these shirts like this ima post a couple eBay and see if they’ll sell and if they do I would make all different kinds to appeal to fans and order a bunch . I got a lot of ideas of phrases to go with diff scenes from the anime

how much they run? you can ship to my house ?
Dawg idk prolly cheaper when I do order cuzz ima make a bunch but depend on the design the shirts seem to be from 24-39. I wouldn’t charge u no extra but also you could just dl the app and I could send u the pics and u could make it yourself . Up to you

Dawg idk prolly cheaper when I do order cuzz ima make a bunch but depend on the design the shirts seem to be from 24-39. I wouldn’t charge u no extra but also you could just dl the app and I could send u the pics and u could make it yourself . Up to you
do you take suggestions for some shirts ?

I knew what was going to happen in this week's episode of Jojo, but I still wasn't prepared for it. :smh:
Risotto and Abacchio in the same episode. It's a bad day for goths. :lol:
And Narancia's VA completely sold Abba's death. That was A+ acting.
I wonder if there's gonna be a 3rd OP after next week's break.

I love how light hearted and “aloof” luffy is. He just smashed this big rock demon in the face and as he’s falling he just cracking up laughing
A7E68240-BB78-4139-BE76-9200643CAC53.png
1E31A04E-E79B-42C5-93A4-496F0BBB9896.png

Back
Top Bottom