The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Finished up Stardust Crusaders - the last fights with Vanilla Ice (rofl) and Dio were littttt. Starting Diamond is Unbreakable now and I already **** with it heavy. Took a long time but we finally here!!! Excited to see how this segment goes. Joseph Joestar a savage too :lol:

Finished up Stardust Crusaders - the last fights with Vanilla Ice (rofl) and Dio were littttt. Starting Diamond is Unbreakable now and I already **** with it heavy. Took a long time but we finally here!!! Excited to see how this segment goes. Joseph Joestar a savage too :lol:
I always thought That early part 3 was great for what it was (Araki testing the waters with Stands and what they can do) but it really took off when Iggy fought Pet Shop. You really felt for Iggy during that fight too. All he wanted to do before he joined the Joestar group was **** biddies and eat coffee flavored chewing gum :lol:. He went out like a real G though in the fight vs. Vanilla Ice.
The baseball episode was also very good.
The way Avdol went out was so sudden and brutal. No fanfare or great fight. just poof and he's gone.
And Joseph is my favorite Joestar. From all his antics in part 2, to all the shenanigans in part 3. He's the best. :lol:

Here's a bit of advice for part 4 if you haven't caught on yet. It's supposed to be a mix of Shounen, Slice of Life, and Murder/Mystery genres with stands. So, if there are episodes where they aren't fighting, and there will be, don't write it off as "falling off" as so many tend to do in here when a series does something they don't expect. :lol:
Part 4 has some fantastic episodes where they don't fight. Just you wait and see.

After forgetting to do it when I said I was gonna do it, I finally updated page 1 with the list. :lol:

Danmachi s2 has kind of been a let down for me so far

Dr Stone has finally got interesting for me this last ep. hopefully it keeps up

And Demon Slayer is far and away the best anime this year

i just started dr stone because everyone mentioned it and fire force as the competitors to demon slayer this season. fire force is cool, but is a one trick pony so far. A GOOD trick, but still one trick. dr stone ive only seen the first ep and im on the fence.

demon slayer is easily king right now.

got in an argument last night.
are people not putting AOT in the "NEW" big 3 (one piece aside) because it's not in jump weekly. and some people claiming it's a seinen?
because from what I saw it's still considered a shonen

i just started dr stone because everyone mentioned it and fire force as the competitors to demon slayer this season. fire force is cool, but is a one trick pony so far. A GOOD trick, but still one trick. dr stone ive only seen the first ep and im on the fence.

demon slayer is easily king right now.
Lol u can’t judge a show off one episode, they had to set up a low key extensive story first

are people not putting AOT in the "NEW" big 3 (one piece aside) because it's not in jump weekly. and some people claiming it's a seinen?
Hey, if FMA could get shafted by the big 3, then this will too. :lol:

AOT is a shonen. its final season begins end of next year so even if it is big 3, it won't be there for long.

Sup with Cannon busters?

I watched first ep too, its about a guy with a big bounty on his head (whenever he gets killed a tattoo with a # goes on his body, so seemingly immortal). He befriends robot(s) with some special powers who are on the run as well. Action scenes were pretty dope, but the characters haven't grabbed me yet

Like hXh the first ep. is gon fishing. But you never know that some pedophile that’s good at poker is gonna chase him around, and that his friends whole clan got their eyes sold on the black market, and that ants are being made with stronger than human powers lol. I gotta watch a few episodes of a show before I draw my conclusion

AOT is a shonen. its final season begins end of next year so even if it is big 3, it won't be there for long.

When I look back at “The Big 3” historically, they’ve been longer-form weekly shonen e.g. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece. Titles like FMA and AOT don’t really fit that mold. Doesn’t mean they aren’t as good because, frankly, FMA and AOT are two of the best stories I’ve ever seen, period. I think it just has to do with the type, structure and length of the story as well. My 2 cents

I always thought That early part 3 was great for what it was (Araki testing the waters with Stands and what they can do) but it really took off when Iggy fought Pet Shop. You really felt for Iggy during that fight too. All he wanted to do before he joined the Joestar group was **** biddies and eat coffee flavored chewing gum :lol:. He went out like a real G though in the fight vs. Vanilla Ice.
The baseball episode was also very good.
The way Avdol went out was so sudden and brutal. No fanfare or great fight. just poof and he's gone.
And Joseph is my favorite Joestar. From all his antics in part 2, to all the shenanigans in part 3. He's the best. :lol:

Here's a bit of advice for part 4 if you haven't caught on yet. It's supposed to be a mix of Shounen, Slice of Life, and Murder/Mystery genres with stands. So, if there are episodes where they aren't fighting, and there will be, don't write it off as "falling off" as so many tend to do in here when a series does something they don't expect. :lol:
Part 4 has some fantastic episodes where they don't fight. Just you wait and see.

Great point on Part 4 - I’ve actually really appreciated some of the non-action episodes like the baby and cooking episode. Definitely feeling this part more than the others overall. The last part of Part 3, as you mentioned, is absolutely sick though. Long journey but finally enjoying practically every episode now haha

When I look back at “The Big 3” historically, they’ve been longer-form weekly shonen e.g. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece. Titles like FMA and AOT don’t really fit that mold. Doesn’t mean they aren’t as good because, frankly, FMA and AOT are two of the best stories I’ve ever seen, period. I think it just has to do with the type, structure and length of the story as well. My 2 cents

Great point on Part 4 - I’ve actually really appreciated some of the non-action episodes like the baby and cooking episode. Definitely feeling this part more than the others overall. The last part of Part 3, as you mentioned, is absolutely sick though. Long journey but finally enjoying practically every episode now haha
You're right about the big 3 having to fit an archetype. So the current big 3 would be what? One Piece, Black Clover, and Fairy Tail (With DBS occasionally jumping in when it's airing)? Unless you want to put Detective Conan or Boruto in there. :lol:

I
You're right about the big 3 having to fit an archetype. So the current big 3 would be what? One Piece, Black Clover, and Fairy Tail (With DBS occasionally jumping in when it's airing)? Unless you want to put Detective Conan or Boruto in there. :lol:
take it as a personal attack that you didn’t automtically throw MHA in there :lol:

Yeah, it would be OP, Black Clover and MHA at the moment. Black Clover is more of a question than MHA tbh, if you just go by manga sales

It’s funny because if you were in japan Haikyuu would def be considered in the “new big 3” but sports anime/manga aren’t that popular in the states. So technically it would be MHA, Black clover and One Piece

However it’s not really a big 3 or remotely the same because aside from One piece nothing else really touches Naruto or bleach in their hey day to form that big 3. It was something special to have 3 mammoth series like that

It’s funny because if you were in japan Haikyuu would def be considered in the “new big 3” but sports anime/manga aren’t that popular in the states. So technically it would be MHA, Black clover and One Piece

However it’s not really a big 3 or remotely the same because aside from One piece nothing else really touches Naruto or bleach in their hey day to form that big 3. It was something special to have 3 mammoth series like that
I know I’m the resident MHA stan, but it’s really doing #s in Japan, even in the States. As far as I know, Bleach never had a cinematic film that was widely released in the States like MHA.

This Yoshikage Kira introduction where he blows up spiky-headed dude WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. This **** is CRAY-ZEEE!

I really want to see the new One Piece movie, Stampede. Oda had minimal involvement in this one unlike Strong World, Z, and Gold, but I hear that this movie is really fun and is currently doing numbers. even though opening day wasn't as big as Gold, it started performing better after the first day. I hear the story is a bit loose, but the action is crazy.

Just saw they made this anime into a live show on Netflix. Kings avatar - under-the-radar anime (because it's Chinese), about legendary gamer in the gaming world. Similar concept of SAO, overlord, Log Horizon etc. Action is lit

I know I’m the resident MHA stan, but it’s really doing #s in Japan, even in the States. As far as I know, Bleach never had a cinematic film that was widely released in the States like MHA.

shouldn't dragon ball super be in the big 3 considering that the Broly movie is like 11th all time highest grossing anime film, and dragon ball made $1billion profit USD last year (no other manga/anime title coming close), and it being consistently in the top 10 most watched animes per week in Japan while it was airing? it's top 3 most watched anime in the US every week.

i guess the only criteria it falls short in is the Manga is not doing well at all

I

take it as a personal attack that you didn’t automtically throw MHA in there :lol:

Yeah, it would be OP, Black Clover and MHA at the moment. Black Clover is more of a question than MHA tbh, if you just go by manga sales
I completely forgot about MHA when I was thinking of what the big 3 were (some fan I am). :lol:
In my head I was thinking that a "big 3" candidate series has to have a lot of episodes and no major breaks between arcs aside from filler episodes, while also being relatively popular, like how the old big 3 were/are. I would have added MHA to the mix if it fell under the guidelines that I just made up (takes breaks between seasons), but that's why i also added Detective Conan as a choice.
If we do go by popularity, then MHA would most likely be #2, with #3 being a dice roll between Black Clover, Jojo(?), Dr. Stone maybe?, Haikyuu, and Dragonball.

The Old Big 3 was awesome, even though two of them kinda fell off at the end. It was a great time to be a Shounen fan. :pimp:

shouldn't dragon ball super be in the big 3 considering that the Broly movie is like 11th all time highest grossing anime film, and dragon ball made $1billion profit USD last year (no other manga/anime title coming close), and it being consistently in the top 10 most watched animes per week in Japan while it was airing? it's top 3 most watched anime in the US every week.

i guess the only criteria it falls short in is the Manga is not doing well at all
Yeah, Dragonball definitely has what it takes to be in the New Big 3.

Back
Top Bottom