The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Discussion in 'General' started by 2sappy, May 31, 2011.

1. Master Zik

Master Zik

I don't rank Naruto highly. Went to **** after the timeskip for me so yeah, anime probably is better not that I ever finished watching.

Maybe its cuz I binge read manga but can't agree with H×H being better in anime form. Minus Togashi getting sick and releasing those trash chapters.

I have yet to get in to My Hero and AoT so cant say those.

To me OPM manga way better than the anime. I can agree on the Mob Psycho 100 anime.

2. marikomorose

marikomorose

i actually agree expect for a show like "yu yu hakusho" which so happens to be my favorite anime. i just feel a grander connection w/ the characters through the anime versus the manga itself. the anime just made the character feel real to me.

i also think "prison school" got the anime right and is actually on par w/ the manga. it's just like the manga expect its moving. wished we got another season

i would to see a "i am a hero" anime adaptation, especially since i'm fairly indifferent towards live action. if they were to do an anime adaption i think it would be best to do it netflix or something b/c the story is builder and is better off being binged imo. i don't think it would survive w/ a weekly format in the climate we're in today.

3. Master Zik

Master Zik

There is no doubt the Yu Yu anime took it to a whole other level that the manga couldn't. I actually thought of that when naming mangas I feel are better than the anime and I couldnt say that.

It's a bit similar to Dragonball in that way. The Z anime is what took it to a whole other stratosphere.

Also it depends on the manga. The more action oriented ones may have better anime but like I just saw 2 episodes of Dr. Stone. Until that story finds its stride (way more ppl aren't stone) the manga is gonna be better. Cuz even if you binged the anime it'll stay take longer to be great given each so is at least 20 min where as you can binge 20 pages in minutes depending on dialogue. The different experiences can really dictate which form the story is better.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    chucktwnsfinest likes this.
  4. mrwavez

mrwavez

Demon slayer

This was me last episode on god :lol:

bware113 and marikomorose like this.
  5. 2sappy

2sappy

Dude, you aren't even joking. The manga just made it feel like they were being jerks. The anime made me want to hurt somebody. :lol:

mrwavez likes this.
  6. marikomorose

marikomorose

this post just made me wanna read or watch this now. the manga or anime?

mrwavez likes this.
  7. mrwavez

mrwavez

bruh. im like what is wrong with this dude :angry:

anime is beautiful bro.

marikomorose likes this.
  8. 2sappy

2sappy

A lot is wrong with that guy. :lol:

And I second the anime for Kimetsu no Yaiba. It does the manga justice and then some. It even has the Mangaka in tears over how beautiful and impactful it is. :lol:
    And the good part is that you can pick up in the manga wherever the anime leaves off because it's good too.

9. nako xl

nako xl

Naruto and Bleach Manga on par with the anime. In fact Naruto did weird animation stuff so I’d argue the manga for a bunch of fights, like Pain invading Konoha, was better than the anime. Bleach trolled with super short manga chapters so the anime was welcome.

10. heatpinoyboy

heatpinoyboy

So lit!! Hope it's better than the anime they put out last year

TXZ and Gordonson like this.
  11. marikomorose

marikomorose

if this weird sh*t can get picked up then clearly there's hope for an adaptation of "i am a hero."

12. mrwavez

mrwavez

yeah demon slayer is #1 for me right now. takes me back to toonami days. everything I'd want in an anime

13. tdogg2k

tdogg2k

Im too spoiked with demon slayer. I cant look at the manga til this season over

Ufotable is the goat

14. bruce negro

bruce negro

2sappy likes this.
  15. groupb

groupb

theres a lot going on in this wano arc. you've got big mom in the way still, the rest of the straw hats supposing to meet up.
    law and basil Hawkins on the way. meeting up with kaido and the shogun. finally Marco the phoenix was talked to about what
    the straw hats were doing. so interesting.

mrwavez likes this.
  16. kidkain

kidkain

Yoooooo the last episode of Black Clover!!!!

That battle animation gave demon slayer a run for its money.

17. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

Is Black Clover really worth sticking with? The main character’s voice and screaming is torture. Couldn’t get past more than a few episodes.

...€n•wL8dG3 likes this.
  18. shogun

shogun

I felt that way but the more you watch, the more likeable the main character gets. You see how he fights and is prepared to die on that battlefield.

scofosho likes this.
  19. rfx45

rfx45

[​IMG]

JustSid likes this.
  20. 2sappy

2sappy

I'm so happy that the new Blade of the Immortal anime is gonna keep the brutality of the series intact. :pimp:
    And the first two episodes are gonna premier on October 10. :pimp:

TXZ, tdogg2k, Gordonson and 1 other person like this.
  21. blakep267

blakep267

I’ve found that the demon slayer manga doesn’t have the same impact as the anime

when the Fire Hashirs gets killed there’s no weight to it. It just happens. I expect it to be done much better in the anine

22. mrwavez

mrwavez

Where can I cop

23. +1

24. shogun

shogun

Someone mentioned the new season of Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In Dungeons? is a letdown. Must be accurate since I haven't seen it mentioned again.

25. Pretty trash.