The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Wifey doesn’t care about too much anime but when she watched Demon Slayer she began to watch it with me.
She watched and enjoyed a few previous recommendations before but my mom, 61 years old, enjoyed Demon Slayer a lot too.

Hunter x Hunter is what turned it into a full fledged anime fan though. That’s my fav anime, a solid 11/10, and I’m pretty sure she binged it way faster than me. It’s not even just her favorite anime, she considers it one of the best shows she has ever seen and rated it her first and only 10/10 so far.

Now that she’s caught up with Attack on Titan, she updated her top 5 rankings.
1. HxH 10/10
2. AoT 9.5/10 (subject to change as show goes on)
3. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: 9/10 (Part 3 and Part 5 only, Part 2 was an 8/10 and Part 4 an 8.5

It’s great being able to share anime with a parent at her age.

I don’t really watch OP anime (I’m strictly manga) but I’ve been watching wano episodes and the animation looks amazing :lol: bout to start watching more episodes
Same here.

I just decided to watch a random special then the Stampede movie and that led to me going back and watching the Punk Hazzard arc :pimp:

how's that promised neverland? not sure if i wanna watch or binge at the end
The first season/arc is great and definitely worth your time. Unfortunately the story gets progressively worse from there imo and I ended up dropping the manga during its final arc.

my recommendation would be to watch the first season and pretend the story ends there :lol:

is the stampede movie on crunchy roll yet?
Wouldn't know. Funimation and crunchyroll are cool but I aint paying for either so I gotta deal with ads more times than not and I hate that.

So I watch elsewhere, albeit on a reliable site.

She watched and enjoyed a few previous recommendations before but my mom, 61 years old, enjoyed Demon Slayer a lot too.

Hunter x Hunter is what turned it into a full fledged anime fan though. That’s my fav anime, a solid 11/10, and I’m pretty sure she binged it way faster than me. It’s not even just her favorite anime, she considers it one of the best shows she has ever seen and rated it her first and only 10/10 so far.

Now that she’s caught up with Attack on Titan, she updated her top 5 rankings.
1. HxH 10/10
2. AoT 9.5/10 (subject to change as show goes on)
3. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: 9/10 (Part 3 and Part 5 only, Part 2 was an 8/10 and Part 4 an 8.5

It’s great being able to share anime with a parent at her age.

Thats dope man. Wifey liked HxH and AOT as well. She’s wayyyyy behind on AOT and gets mad at me for watchin the new episodes without her.

Wouldn't know. Funimation and crunchyroll are cool but I aint paying for either so I gotta deal with ads more times than not and I hate that.

So I watch elsewhere, albeit on a reliable site.
i use VRV. i deal with ads too but they also do a 30 day free teial

i use VRV. i deal with ads too but they also do a 30 day free teial
I would pull the trigger but I'm cool with 9anime for now.

After I caught up with a handful of shows a while back I realized I still dont watch a lot of anime anyway like I use to or even compared to how much manga I currently read.

Grabbed this guy to add to my OP collection. Collection is small but adding whenever I find stuff locally

Attachments

• BAA2423D-0CC7-417D-B0DB-114ECA025C93.jpeg
    BAA2423D-0CC7-417D-B0DB-114ECA025C93.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 588
I forgot who recommended Kaguya-sama to me in here but I just finished S1 and had a blast.

Reactions: TXZ
Damn Vergo from Doflamingo's crew was black guy? Dude voicing him on the dub version is definitely a black guy.

Making him sound even way more badass.

They knew right where to end this latest episode of attack on titan

i assume that fight going last like 2 episodes

Just started Attack on Titan.

Its okay so far. I get the situation is dire but this Eren duse is a bit much.

Never mind. I see now. Dude is a bit of a psycho.

Last edited:
Thats dope man. Wifey liked HxH and AOT as well. She’s wayyyyy behind on AOT and gets mad at me for watchin the new episodes without her.
It’s dope that your wife is into anime too, always great to be able to have anime discussions at home.

Speaking of AoT, my mom is even considering reading the manga because she’s so hyped for how the story will progress :lol:
Especially after the cliffhanger in the latest episode.

She tends to be impatient when we’re watching an anime still running because of the waiting time between ~23min episodes. Most of the anime I recommended to her were already finished.

I picked up a completed anime for us both to watch in the time between new episodes. The anime is called ‘Monster’ and finished in 2004, which is clearly noticable by the animation but not at all to a point where it detracts from the experience. We’re 18 episodes in and both enjoying it a lot. So far it’s looking like an excellent psychological thriller that’s also a bit of a slow burner. I often find Monster quite thoughtprovoking at times so it leads to plenty of fun debates with my mom afterwards.

For now we’re only watching AoT, Promised Neverland season 2 and Monster together. We’ll be adding Dr Stone’s new season soon as she’s even more excited for it than I am.

Below is my current watchlist in order of enjoyment, excluding the ones referenced above that I watch with my mom:
Gintama’s very first season
Jujutsu Kaisen
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War’s second season.
RE: Zero’s new season
Black Clover

They’re all great entertainment to me but as of Black Clover episode 158 from 2 weeks ago I might have to bumpt them up a few spots. Judging by how hyped the manga readers are about seeing this Dark Triad Arc animated, it sure sounds like it’ll be something special and the best Arc so far.

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine watching Monster with either of my parents :lol:

Like watching Hannibal with them. I only read the Monster manga but it gets real dark. It's great but the author is digging in to the depths of humanity and killers.

I couldn't imagine watching Monster with either of my parents :lol:

Like watching Hannibal with them. I only read the Monster manga but it gets real dark. It's great but the author is digging in to the depths of humanity and killers.
I watched Hannibal with my mom too actually :lol:
We have similar tastes in psychological thrillers for the most part. Hannibal S1 and 2 were some of my all time favorite viewing experiences.

I got her into anime in the first place by picking Death Note as her introduction to anime. Before Death Note, she had a negative view on anime and didn’t understand why I watched. Her view had already changed by the end and watching HxH afterwards, which she rated her only 10/10, really turned her into an anime fan

The first season/arc is great and definitely worth your time. Unfortunately the story gets progressively worse from there imo and I ended up dropping the manga during its final arc.

my recommendation would be to watch the first season and pretend the story ends there :lol:

I loved the first season of the anime, I could barely get through this first episode lol felt like a totally different tone. Was super tired though so need to give it another shot

I loved the first season of the anime, I could barely get through this first episode lol felt like a totally different tone. Was super tired though so need to give it another shot
yeah man its not the same show anymore :lol:

Theres one like battle royale/hunger games style arc that coming probably after this season that was decent, but as a whole there is a big drop off in quality after the first arc.

Back
Top Bottom