The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Ussop's actor looks more like Yassop

Yasopp_Anime_Infobox.png

Also I have a feeling that Shanks is a celestial... At at least a descendant of one but somewhere along the line he became a pirate

He's probably the kid (one of) that Roger got back when he took on Rocks with Garp at God Valley. Since that all started over protecting a celestial dragon.

Yeah at this point, Oda got in a repetitive pattern and practice when it came to defeating warlords.

Its why Saboady and what comes after is so wild and so appreciated.

Gets back to the same after the time skip, Fishman island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa. Gets wild right after.

You'll definitely be thanking yourself that you can binge this at your own pace.

is there anywhere to finish the mugen train arc or am I stuck having to wait weekly for hulu?

Was not expecting them to actually cast a black person in the crew.

Oda kinda let that ship sail despite all of the real world black pirates.

Oda's been involved in the live action casting too. Do hope he puts more black characters in the series, but Idk if he even thinks about it unless a fan asks, which is how we got the info that Ussop and Blackbeard would be from Africa if in the real world.

Finish Sabaody archipelago. Man this was fire aside from the last part of thriller bark, this arc was way better imo.

Saboady might be my favorite arc. Oda is really good with shorter arc where he has to keep the writing tight and he can't be self-indulgent. Also, writing week to week really effects the editing process we see in other media.

Yeah at this point, Oda got in a repetitive pattern and practice when it came to defeating warlords.

Its why Saboady and what comes after is so wild and so appreciated.

Gets back to the same after the time skip, Fishman island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa. Gets wild right after.

You'll definitely be thanking yourself that you can binge this at your own pace.

You've seen Bakuman, right? The editor Hattori that's a main character in that series is based off the editor who took over as Oda's editor during the end of Thriller Bark through Marineford.

But yeah Oda definitely hit his stride again post Dressrosa. Fishman island through Dressrosa reading it back definitely feels like he's trying to figure out how he wants to approach things for the rest of the story, making changes on the fly and all that.

But watching these weekly reviewers and how reactive fans are weekly, I definitely think ruins the enjoyment for some fans, cause every chapter and the moments in them feel like a big deal.

Oda's been involved in the live action casting too. Do hope he puts more black characters in the series, but Idk if he even thinks about it unless a fan asks, which is how we got the info that Ussop and Blackbeard would be from Africa if in the real world.
That is certainly one thing I have a problem with in anime/manga. The rare times they have a black person they are stupid, or the features are drawn totally unrealistic. I guess very few manga creators have seen a real life black person. I don't have as large of a viewing catalog as you guys, but outside of two black samurai's I can not think of a cool black person in a anime or manga. The one arrancer in Bleach was just weird, the shop owner in Sword Art Online was an idiot.

Can yall that are caught up in OP tell that the end of the story is near or is there a lot of loose ends that need to be wrapped up that might take a few years?

Hoping to get caught up so that I could finish the story with yall. :blush:

Can yall that are caught up in OP tell that the end of the story is near or is there a lot of loose ends that need to be wrapped up that might take a few years?

You can tell it is nearing, not immediately. However things are being revealed that we have wanted to know about for a while. Yet on the flip side we are getting so many reveals that create new questions. Based on the current crew number and information that is being leaked we know the end is near.

Saboady might be my favorite arc. Oda is really good with shorter arc where he has to keep the writing tight and he can't be self-indulgent. Also, writing week to week really effects the editing process we see in other media.

You've seen Bakuman, right? The editor Hattori that's a main character in that series is based off the editor who took over as Oda's editor during the end of Thriller Bark through Marineford.

But yeah Oda definitely hit his stride again post Dressrosa. Fishman island through Dressrosa reading it back definitely feels like he's trying to figure out how he wants to approach things for the rest of the story, making changes on the fly and all that.

But watching these weekly reviewers and how reactive fans are weekly, I definitely think ruins the enjoyment for some fans, cause every chapter and the moments in them feel like a big deal.
Didn't know that.

I did read Bakuman way back when.

You can tell its ending due to some story decisions Oda makes in arcs but at the same time he has a ton of loose ends to the up.

I think he'll begin to address all that once the Wano arc is over. Although he has brought up new plot threads in that arc that won't be addressed until the end or once they reach Laughtale.

Back
Top Bottom