The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So Lily, and all the "D." are descendants of the initial kingdoms enemies?
Yeah it would appear that way but it could be that they were once part of the kingdom before becoming enemies for some reason. A cool theory I heard was D isn't a family line but a group of people like rebels or what not that added the initial to their name.

Man Lore Piece is fire right now.

Kinda disappointed with this season of Demon Slayer. Fights keep being interrupted by showing someone's backstory.
I agree. too many fillers. on the otherhand, some of those are quite essential and interesting to the story like Rengoku which somehow hype up the techniques. I still like it though regardless of that.

I'm quite sad that Goblin Slayer didn't have a 2nd season yet after airing years ago.

Yeah it would appear that way but it could be that they were once part of the kingdom before becoming enemies for some reason. A cool theory I heard was D isn't a family line but a group of people like rebels or what not that added the initial to their name.

Man Lore Piece is fire right now.

IMG_3852.jpeg

There’s a theory that Imu and the five elders are based off the book “where the wild things are”.

Really enjoyed this chapter of One Piece.

Just re-read and then got caught up on JJK. How are people feeling about it?

I really really liked the Shibuya arc and everything leading up to that, then that culling game arc just fell flat for me. A lot of the charm that made the series early on went away. I get the tonal shift, but it wasn't really needed when the series already had balance and weight to make it feel serious. Also Gege trying to keep the pace quick was probably more detrimental than helpful. Characters don't get a chance to breathe or be showcased, they change overnight, interactions are limited.

For some reason he's being vague about the fate of Kugisaki. It seems like he doesn't even like Itadori when Itadori had potential to be a really great MC. He's pretty charming, interesting lineage that never gets dug into, learns quickly, but never does anything with Sakuna, never gets a tangible power up and is pretty underutilized. Battle ability and new skills are essential to a MC of a battle shonen and he does no investment in that for Itadori.

Then the Kyoto cast that was introduced is basically thrown away, especially Aoi. The whole Zen'in subplot is washed away in a couple chapters suddenly. Then there's a bunch of new characters introduced in the culling game that get no build up so there's no investment in them. The build up to the stuff with Megumi's sister, anti-climatic and lacked weight. Yuki, here and gone for a terrible plan to protect Tengen, after being built up as one of the series altering sorcerers?

Gojo vs Sukana should be excellent, the question is what's going to happen surrounding that if anything or after that, assuming Gojo loses. Though Gojo losing feels anti-climactic, but so does Sakuna losing. It's probably gotta be some type of double KO and then Megumi stuff gets resolved, and then everyone else focuses on Kenjaku. Who knows the series just feels underdeveloped overall.

The powers and battle system are interesting, yet the panels are hard to follow to see the action really clearly. Really excited to see Shibuya get animated though. And hopefully things can end on a strong note, but feels like a series that didn't live up to its potential.

Really enjoyed this chapter of One Piece.

Just re-read and then got caught up on JJK. How are people feeling about it?

I really really liked the Shibuya arc and everything leading up to that, then that culling game arc just fell flat for me. A lot of the charm that made the series early on went away. I get the tonal shift, but it wasn't really needed when the series already had balance and weight to make it feel serious. Also Gege trying to keep the pace quick was probably more detrimental than helpful. Characters don't get a chance to breathe or be showcased, they change overnight, interactions are limited.

For some reason he's being vague about the fate of Kugisaki. It seems like he doesn't even like Itadori when Itadori had potential to be a really great MC. He's pretty charming, interesting lineage that never gets dug into, learns quickly, but never does anything with Sakuna, never gets a tangible power up and is pretty underutilized. Battle ability and new skills are essential to a MC of a battle shonen and he does no investment in that for Itadori.

Then the Kyoto cast that was introduced is basically thrown away, especially Aoi. The whole Zen'in subplot is washed away in a couple chapters suddenly. Then there's a bunch of new characters introduced in the culling game that get no build up so there's no investment in them. The build up to the stuff with Megumi's sister, anti-climatic and lacked weight. Yuki, here and gone for a terrible plan to protect Tengen, after being built up as one of the series altering sorcerers?

Gojo vs Sukana should be excellent, the question is what's going to happen surrounding that if anything or after that, assuming Gojo loses. Though Gojo losing feels anti-climactic, but so does Sakuna losing. It's probably gotta be some type of double KO and then Megumi stuff gets resolved, and then everyone else focuses on Kenjaku. Who knows the series just feels underdeveloped overall.

The powers and battle system are interesting, yet the panels are hard to follow to see the action really clearly. Really excited to see Shibuya get animated though. And hopefully things can end on a strong note, but feels like a series that didn't live up to its potential.
I agree. I love JJK but definitely felt the Culling Games dragged a bit in some areas. Plus I do feel like Gege is tried of drawing it and wants to end it quickly.

Let’s hope Gojo vs Sukuna is peak and once it’s over hopefully we get reveals & characterization that wraps up the story well.

demon slayer already has a video game. Why not jujutsu Kaisen most likely it'll sell well
even Naruto has another video game on the way

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom