The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Are the Hunter x Hunter and MHA mangas worth reading or are they one of those shows that are better on screen? I know I was told HxH will never end

I love H x H, but if you try to follow it week to week you'll be torturing yourself. Lots of hiatuses/breaks

Are the Hunter x Hunter and MHA mangas worth reading or are they one of those shows that are better on screen? I know I was told HxH will never end
I think the MHA manga is worth the read, especially for some recent developments

New chapter of Attack on Titan is out
What the hell just happened? :lol:
Did Eren plan for everything to happen? All the events in this series (with regards to his bloodline) were his doing, even if he didn't know it yet? That's a crazy thought. I wonder how he's gonna stop Ymir from doin what Zeke told her to do. The ending is coming, and we know what the ending will look like, but man the journey there is something else. :lol:

i suck with spoiler formats but im confused anyway, so i can't spoil much. man, all i know is season 4 is gonna be up there with the Namek Arc as far as the greatest arcs in all anime history. Eren's character development has been incredible, and Isayama is one of the goat's off of one friggin series to his credit.

I just started seven deadly sins today and I’m 20 eps in and enjoying it so far, although I’m not sure I 100% follow what’s going on.

kangoku gauken
IMG_1990.jpg
IMG_1991.jpg
IMG_1992.jpg
IMG_1993.jpg
IMG_1994.jpg

New chapter of Attack on Titan is out
What the hell just happened? :lol:
Did Eren plan for everything to happen? All the events in this series (with regards to his bloodline) were his doing, even if he didn't know it yet? That's a crazy thought. I wonder how he's gonna stop Ymir from doin what Zeke told her to do. The ending is coming, and we know what the ending will look like, but man the journey there is something else. :lol:

This manga is so deep I can barely fathom it. All the events in this series (with regard to his bloodline (directly with Grisha, passively with Zeke) and the actions of the Attack Titans before him) were his doing, based on the information he had up to the point of him walking through memories with Zeke. In the first chapter of the manga we see him wake up from what felt like "the longest dream." In episode 1 of the anime, we get a glimpse of that dream:
I'm not sure how the mechanics work exactly, but it seems that his experiences have even been able to travel back along the paths and influence himself at the earliest age. It doesn't make sense now because the Attack Titan can only directly influence other Attack Titans AFTER they've become the Attack Titan, but the mechanic may become clearer in the next couple of chapters based on his interactions with Ymir. Frankly, I'm in disagreement with you as I have NO IDEA what this ending will look like.
i suck with spoiler formats but im confused anyway, so i can't spoil much. man, all i know is season 4 is gonna be up there with the Namek Arc as far as the greatest arcs in all anime history. Eren's character development has been incredible, and Isayama is one of the goat's off of one friggin series to his credit.

Perhaps the best first-time manga author of all time, and this series will definitely go down as one the GOATs as well. I ran the numbers a few pages ago in the thread, but they can't be argued with - it hasn't dropped out of the top 5 best selling Jump series since 2013.

This manga is so deep I can barely fathom it. All the events in this series (with regard to his bloodline (directly with Grisha, passively with Zeke) and the actions of the Attack Titans before him) were his doing, based on the information he had up to the point of him walking through memories with Zeke. In the first chapter of the manga we see him wake up from what felt like "the longest dream." In episode 1 of the anime, we get a glimpse of that dream:
I'm not sure how the mechanics work exactly, but it seems that his experiences have even been able to travel back along the paths and influence himself at the earliest age. It doesn't make sense now because the Attack Titan can only directly influence other Attack Titans AFTER they've become the Attack Titan, but the mechanic may become clearer in the next couple of chapters based on his interactions with Ymir. Frankly, I'm in disagreement with you as I have NO IDEA what this ending will look like.

Perhaps the best first-time manga author of all time, and this series will definitely go down as one the GOATs as well. I ran the numbers a few pages ago in the thread, but they can't be argued with - it hasn't dropped out of the top 5 best selling Jump series since 2013.

The only reason I said that was that the author shared the last panel of AoT during a TV interview a while back, so those who saw it know what the ending will be.
Since I'm one of those who saw it, the waiting game to see how he arrives there begins. :lol:

As for your numbers, this was posted on Reddit a couple hours ago. It's cool to see.

There was a point in December 2013 that AoT almost passed One Piece. That's impressive

Only watched HxH, but as for MHA personally I think the anime is better. Only reading it atm to stay caught up on the story

Personally I didn't really like the HxH manga despite it being my favorite anime. I stopped reading after a while.

Reading the Demon Slayer manga now

How many manga are ACTUALLY better than the anime (in terms of those that follow the same storyline)?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is One Piece because the anime pacing is horrendous.

How many manga are ACTUALLY better than the anime (in terms of those that follow the same storyline)?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is One Piece because the anime pacing is horrendous.
Most.

But I tend to prefer the manga over the anime when it comes to the best manga. Most anime can't capture what a manga does with 20 pages in 30 minutes.

Death Note comes to mind. 20th/21st Century Boys, etc.

I find anime that are better than the manga is cuz the manga wasn't that good to begin with.

Most.

But I tend to prefer the manga over the anime when it comes to the best manga. Most anime can't capture what a manga does with 20 pages in 30 minutes.

Death Note comes to mind. 20th/21st Century Boys, etc.

I find anime that are better than the manga is cuz the manga wasn't that good to begin with.
Really? I found Naruto better as an anime, Hunter x Hunter much better (due to when the manga first came out), My Hero is better, AoT is better, obviously Mob is better, One Punch Man (was) better, etc.

Seems to me like most manga nowadays is just storyboarding for the anime.

Back
Top Bottom