The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

So I take it ep26 is the end of demon slayer season 1?

It is.

I hate when series adapt (what seems to be?) the next arc of the story as a film :smh: Never works well for us in the west.

I'm sitting through the credits hoping for "Season 2 Spring or Summer 2020", and it's talmbout some damn "Infinity Train Arc Film Adaptation Greenlit" :stoneface:

I don't know if I like Kimetsu no Yaiba enough to read it either; that Ufotable flair does a lot for it.

Well, the train arc can make for a good movie. That ending for sure will be worth the run time.

The manga for Kimetsu no Yaiba picks up at Ch. 54 for anyone looking to make the jump.

Well, the train arc can make for a good movie. That ending for sure will be worth the run time.

I believe you, but I can't get excited knowing that the movie will probably release in Japan like next summer, meaning that we'll probably get a quality Blu-ray translation like the top of 2021 :lol:

I'm just now watching Penguin Highway because good Blu-ray rip translations only starting popping up in like mid-August of this year, when the movie came out August 2018.

Maybe it's just me, but I forget that 90% of the anime movies I want to see exist by the time that they're available to me in clear quality and coherent English subs.

It is.

I hate when series adapt (what seems to be?) the next arc of the story as a film :smh: Never works well for us in the west.

I'm sitting through the credits hoping for "Season 2 Spring or Summer 2020", and it's talmbout some damn "Infinity Train Arc Film Adaptation Greenlit" :stoneface:

I don't know if I like Kimetsu no Yaiba enough to read it either; that Ufotable flair does a lot for it.
Well they pretty much see how popular the IP has gotten and they want to capitalize on it as fast as they can. Ex. Put the next arc in theaters, make some money then do the arc again as the anime. The old DBZ super trick

Well they pretty much see how popular the IP has gotten and they want to capitalize on it as fast as they can. Ex. Put the next arc in theaters, make some money then do the arc again as the anime. The old DBZ super trick

I fully understand it on their end. Hell, I even enjoy the thought of an even better produced, more focused experience that a movie adaptation of an arc can provide.

I was just expressing my frustration with anime movies as an English-speaking, American anime fan. For us, a season 2 > a movie easily in terms of ease of access, the delay from the East to the West, etc.

So i'm assuming that was seasson finale of Demon Slayer. we need to re organize this New Age Big 4 (cuz #1 is still always agoing to be one piece)

what chapter i gotta start at for the manga now?
IMO, the movie arc is actually the best move for the story regardless of the level of popularity rn. The movie for this will actually be canon to the story (unlike MOST anime movies). Personally, the train arc in the manga wasn't super impactful - the way it's written is pretty straightforward and the emotions that come along with the arc didn't really stick in the manga. My guess is that the arc will actually come off MUCH better as a movie adaptation.

IMO, the movie arc is actually the best move for the story regardless of the level of popularity rn. The movie for this will actually be canon to the story (unlike MOST anime movies). Personally, the train arc in the manga wasn't super impactful - the way it's written is pretty straightforward and the emotions that come along with the arc didn't really stick in the manga. My guess is that the arc will actually come off MUCH better as a movie adaptation.

If I remember correctly, didnt the Fire Pillar die at the end of the train arc? That's gonna have some impact for some people.

If I remember correctly, didnt the Fire Pillar die at the end of the train arc? That's gonna have some impact for some people.
Exactly. I honestly didn't feel ANYTHING in the manga when that happened though. I believe someone else in here mentioned the same thing. There's really not much of a relationship built between Rengoku and Tanjiro in the story - all of the impact comes from how far he goes to beat the Upper Moon, but there's not a real emotional attachment built up that made me feel a sense of loss when he died. I felt much more of a connection to Uzui, given they had at least traveled a little together, plus he was fighting to save his wives as well - and he didn't even end up dying lol.

I think the mangaka's weakness is that they aren't great at eliciting emotion or conveying the gravity of the situation at times. There aren't enough small interactions with some of the characters to build a strong connection to them. UfoTable has done an amazing job covering that gap with their god-tier animation. I assume they'll also spend more time developing a relationship with Rengoku and the squad as well.

Exactly. I honestly didn't feel ANYTHING in the manga when that happened though. I believe someone else in here mentioned the same thing. There's really not much of a relationship built between Rengoku and Tanjiro in the story - all of the impact comes from how far he goes to beat the Upper Moon, but there's not a real emotional attachment built up that made me feel a sense of loss when he died. I felt much more of a connection to Uzui, given they had at least traveled a little together, plus he was fighting to save his wives as well - and he didn't even end up dying lol.

I think the mangaka's weakness is that they aren't great at eliciting emotion or conveying the gravity of the situation at times. There aren't enough small interactions with some of the characters to build a strong connection to them. UfoTable has done an amazing job covering that gap with their god-tier animation. I assume they'll also spend more time developing a relationship with Rengoku and the squad as well.
Well yea. Maybe if it was Gyu but you can’t introduce a random character and expect an emotional attachment in a few chaps

i'm sooo happy someone posted onepace.net i've been watching all the eps i've missed
they do a good job in taking out all the flashback, and filler stuff, each "ep" is like 30 mins of progressive story

One Piece

Honestly, this chapter was a bit clunky I thought. I feel like Oda was like whatever let me just stop sitting on this bounty info and threw it out. Plus Brannew is an exposition machine, paired with Sengoku it's a really easy way to let it flow. Luffy will probably hit 5.6Billion for his final bounty now. Apparently there were a lot of jokes/puns in the bounty numbers except blackbeard's. I think the best stuff was the last page with the greater wano implications and the god valley stuff. But it also makes clear that Wano is closer to the end game than I originally thought.

Rocks looks like Rockstar on Shanks crew. Doubt there's any connection there, but it's funny to me. I read that theory about blackbeard being Rocks son, my doubt come from Whitebeard being on Rocks crew I feel like he'd know if Teach was Rocks son, but he might and just never mentioned it. But at a minimum Teach definitely inherited Rocks will same way Luffy inherited Roger's will. Plus blackbeard is a huge lover of history. It seems the Navy is still underestimating Blackbeard for some reason. I'm sure it will bite them.

I wonder if God Valley sunk to the bottom of the sea or possibly if it ended up in space/moon since it seems like it'd be important to go there based on what we save in the cover story.

I wonder if Buggy ever got Captain Johns treasure? Bakkan was on Rocks crew right? Wonder if there's any chance we'll see Silver Axe or Wang Zhi. We saw captain John's corpse in Thriller bark too.

I wonder if this is the last arc we see Drake as a pirate in. If he teams up with Luffy to help take down Kaido (I don't see Big Mom going down this arc with the need to go to elbaf still there) his Garp trajectory could be in play. One Piece is exciting because there's so much stuff and so many angles that could play out.

Definitely need a Garp spin-off series tho.

Mbj is trash for that.
Even more trash because he collabed with a brand the average anime/manga fan cant afford.
Ill be at hot topic getting an akatsukinrobe for 15 bucks

I'm mad because I really do love the itachi design on the back of the black denim jacket. I hate buying patched work at other places just cus the characters be proportioned weird or the artist took full liberty to design a naruto replica lol

Back
Top Bottom