The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

2 episodes in and Spike and Jet just throwing shots at each other...

Maybe my memory is wrong but I don't remember spike and jet constantly getting mad at each other in the anime
They'd argue, mostly for comedic effect, but their pushing this buddy cop thing for the live action version. Getting pretty tired of hearing about his daughter too

Edit: Wow at this normal *** house

I’m on the fourth ep. They’ve taken a few …uh… creative “liberties”with Cowboy Bebop. Its not great but eff it. I’m committed.

They got the soundtrack right. Spike and Jets banter is funny. I get they had to make the characters more lively but this Vicious ain’t it….

I've seen 4 eps of Bebop....where to begin.
When I read an article after the show was announced that it would be different with a focus on the red dragon(julia, spike, and vicious) I was in cause I wanted more in the anime...... It's not working for me so far. I'm actually enjoying everything else. Never thought more Vicious would make him less interesting (what's with him chillin in the tuna freezer? :lol:). Am I trippin or did Julia have some kind of status or position within Red Dragon? She could at least take care of herself in the anime. In this she's just a woman that picked the wrong dude in a love triangle.
I can't get over the "Fearless" name even though I understand why they did it.
If I wasn't such a big fan of the anime or have never seen it, this might be more enjoyable but it's hard for me to separate the two so its average to slightly below average at the moment.
Won't call it trash yet. Music is good. Spike and Jet are cool except Jet yelling about his daughter is getting old. Faye was mad annoying at first but she's kinda growing on me.

Oh is that what Vicious yelled out? I had no idea what he was saying. I'm on episode 6 where he's called that. Silly decision

Live action anime adaptations just need to be removed from existence
The only anime I've seen that could maybe, maybe, work as a live action adaptation is Monster.

My mom, who is 62 years old, has been struggling with burnout from her nursing job and it's been great to see Gintama brighten up her spirit again.
For the record, I'm 27 but still live at home with my mom due to my medical condition and being unable to responsibly take my opioids without supervision. Yes I pay our rent, no mooching here.

Ever since I convinced her to watch Death Note, and believe me that took a lottttttt of convincing, we started a tradition of watching at least 2 episodes of whatever anime series we're watching in the evening. Normally I pick the anime to watch together but lately she's even been seeking out anime series for herself and watching them without me. Never in a million years would I have expected her to become such a massive anime fan.

Gintama in particular though was like therapy for her. She went from looking and sounding depressed to laughing out loud multiple times at literally every single Gintama episode, no exaggeration. Slowly but surely you could see the happiness come back and I think it's fair to largely attribute that to Gintama.
She rates Gintama a 10/10 obviously, even though we still have 200+ episodes to go. The only other anime series she's rated a 10 are Hunter x Hunter (her uncontested favorite), Beastars, JoJo Part 3 and Dr Stone so that's a fairly exclusive list.

Last edited:
Oh is that what Vicious yelled out? I had no idea what he was saying. I'm on episode 6 where he's called that. Silly decision
Its goofy but kinda makes sense. Spike is dead as far as Red Dragon knew so him running around as a bounty hunter with his normal name is weird so I get why he had a code name. It just sounds goofy.

Live action anime adaptations just need to be removed from existence
The only anime I've seen that could maybe, maybe, work as a live action adaptation is Monster.
I dunno how true the Rurouni Kenshin movies are to the source material but netflix has the 4th and 5th films (i've only seen the 4th so far and it was a pretty good movie with amazing fights).

My mom, who is 62 years old, has been struggling with burnout from her nursing job and it's been great to see Gintama brighten up her spirit again.
For the record, I'm 27 but still live at home with my mom due to my medical condition and being unable to responsibly take my opioids without supervision. Yes I pay our rent, no mooching here.

Ever since I convinced her to watch Death Note, and believe me that took a lottttttt of convincing, we started a tradition of watching at least 2 episodes of whatever anime series we're watching in the evening. Normally I pick the anime to watch together but lately she's even been seeking out anime series for herself and watching them without me. Never in a million years would I have expected her to become such a massive anime fan.

Gintama in particular though was like therapy for her. She went from looking and sounding depressed to laughing out loud multiple times at literally every single Gintama episode, no exaggeration. Slowly but surely you could see the happiness come back and I think it's fair to largely attribute that to Gintama.
She rates Gintama a 10/10 obviously, even though we still have 200+ episodes to go. The only other anime series she's rated a 10 are Hunter x Hunter (her uncontested favorite), Beastars, JoJo Part 3 and Dr Stone so that's a fairly exclusive list.
have you tried letting her watch this dude.......
2844aff3fac240d013ceb830a5de044a.png

Finished Cowboy Bebop. Yea its cheesy, and they tweaked some events to make a continuous plot. My main gripe is how they did Vicious (to a lesser extent Julia) but I get it. They did their best to stay true to the anime and didn’t bastardize it.

What episode of gintama are you on?

Impel Down was flames.
Bon Clay a real one. Buggy is back!
Magellan one shot Blackbeard and his crew!?:wow:

Started Marineford. I spoiled it for myself but its still lit. Knew Oars jr for only 10 minutes and I want to pour some out for the guy. R.i.p.
Might sound corny but those Marine coats are sick and I would wear one like that in real life

Back
Top Bottom