The Official: Anyone Golf? Thread ...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I would also not recommend blades for people newer to the game.

Def.
cavity Backs are way more forgiving.

also, If yall in a Urban area, I know its hard to find a good grass driving range. but If u can, stick with that.
the matts on top of concrete hide all of your shots that you hit slightly fat.

tired.gif
living up north sucks.. it takes them til about right now to evenopen their grass sections on most ranges around here, and they're so torn up all the time it's hardly worth it.. plus they keep them, at best, aroundfirst-cut length. If you don't belong to a nice club you pretty much have no access to good ranges.

Def.

also, If yall in a Urban area, I know its hard to find a good grass driving range. but If u can, stick with that.
Not to mention hitting off a mat and hitting off grass are two different beasts.

i think thats why i suck so bad on the course right now ... i hit off the mat like im le tigre and when i get to the grass i look like fred alwaysina funk

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

gunna i've asked you before, but i forget.. what's ur handicap look like?
Havent checked my Handicap since I was like 17 but put it this way, I get no shots when I play with my Brother and his boys or in their club tourneys they put together
i know that nike isnt taylors or callaway or titleists but bang for your buck?
I think you can find better performing clubs for the price of a Set of Nike but for you starting out, U really could go with a knock off brand. and once u start getting better, and u buy new clubs, You will see and feel the difference.
My Moms just donated @ 4 sets of Irons and several Drivers to Local schools when My Dad passed away in march.

Isn't gunna's brother or something like a golf pro?

Yes

and Ive been playing since I was 3 yrs old

Thought you had mentioned something about it in another thread. I knew you played as well.

Pointers on improving one's short game?

Also, if grass driving ranges aren't available in your area I'd suggest getting the impact stickers to put on the iron face to see where you'remaking contact.

Def.

word?

no wonder...

i havent shanked a shot on the mat in years. i get overconfident, hit the course, then BAM! double bogey
laugh.gif

im gonna start hitting off the grass at the range full time now. i think its closing down soon though. after this one, the nearest range is on the exactopposite of the city
sick.gif

man, i knew Pro's Little Bro was gunna say something.

Look Double A', I was just messin wit you.
laugh.gif

U shot that 89 at your regular home course ? or a new course

still waiting on those Pro-V's....

Totally forgot to ask about them. Dufus, U have my BBM, just remind me.

charity should have started with your nt fam !#%+ ... im just gonna hold off cuz the almighty gunna has spoken ...

laugh.gif
I wanted to take them with me back to Florida, but it was what he wanted to have done with them

Yea Craftsy, I know i know.When I was young I used to sneak in the fence at Clearview GC in the winter just to hit shots off some decent grass.

If any of yall are in NYC, Douglaston Golf course has improved tremendously, its a great track now.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

tired.gif
living up north sucks.. it takes them til about right now to even open their grass sections on most ranges around here, and they're so torn up all the time it's hardly worth it.. plus they keep them, at best, around first-cut length. If you don't belong to a nice club you pretty much have no access to good ranges.
laugh.gif
Come to Texas... It's like hitting off concrete mostof the year...

man i dont even think theres a place in my area with grass ranges ... i didnt even know there was such a thing ... they must replace the sod everyday ...theres so much @#%* with golf its crazy ... its overhwleming lol ... i downloaded a video just last night on the 8 steps of the swing and dude wentwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to in depth for me right now ... im gonna force myself to try and learn it though

1st thing, work on the basics, firm proper grip, shot alignment, foot placement , balanced swing (weight shift), swing Tempo

im definitely better with my grip than i was i took it out of my palm and use my fingers more now ... im having a little trouble with foot placement and weightshift though, i tend to swing all arms sometimes cuz im trying to place the ball too much ...

are you one of them dudes that keeps the ball relatively close to your left foot at all times or do you move back towards your right as the clubs get shorter?ive seen videos where both ways are taught

I used to get blisters, so I've loosened how tight the club is on my shot...that's helped incredibly.

I golf & I love golf...I am located Orange county. Don't have a consistent golf partner. Only play when I visit my fam/friends up North(SanFrancisco and Sac). Occassionally i'll play with my cousins husband, but hes on love lockdown word to Kanye

Courses, I really dont care to be honest. I'll have a good time at a crappy course, or at a $150 dollar course....I've played with a few snotty nosedplayers who take the game too serious...like theyre playing for money and they still suck. I'm the opposite, I play to learn but at the same time, enjoy afew beers, stogie, and share a few laughs with friends. I love learning, and sharing knowledge to newbies.

My bag: Ping Eye2's, Taylor Made R7 CGB 10.5, Nike CPR, Ping G5i Anser

see, it all depends on you and your swing. its a trial and error thing.
My normal shot is High fade, VERY HIGH.
so to off set too much height, I play the ball back in my stance.
playing it back forces you to strike down on the ball more than wanting to Add 'artificial' lift. especially my Long irons.

When I tee off, I line ithe ball up about 2 inches inside the heel of my front foot.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

man i dont even think theres a place in my area with grass ranges ... i didnt even know there was such a thing ... they must replace the sod everyday ... theres so much @#%* with golf its crazy ... its overhwleming lol ... i downloaded a video just last night on the 8 steps of the swing and dude went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to in depth for me right now ... im gonna force myself to try and learn it though

it's a simple game at the end of the day - like any sport, you can get very in depth with breaking it down on a technically level - but at the end of theday, you're just hitting a ball with a stick. You want to make as square of contact as possible, and certain swing techniques will provide you moreconsistency in doing that, but if you're able to do it well an unconventional way (a la Furyk) then that's all that matters for now.

pimp.gif
what color dots?

I used to get blisters, so I've loosened how tight the club is on my shot...that's helped incredibly.
really, and loosening helped ?
getting blisters usually mean your club is moving too much in your hand.

pimp.gif
what color dots?

Yeah, I mean, I was so accustomed to like gripping a baseball bat I'd have white knuckles you know? While I don't feel the club isn'tsecure, or like that it'll go flying when I swing, I've just tried to loosen it overall. This helped me get the rest of my mechanics down too. Iagree w/ you though, trial and error for sure. All this talk has me wanting to get the hell home and go to the range
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

man i dont even think theres a place in my area with grass ranges ... i didnt even know there was such a thing ... they must replace the sod everyday ... theres so much @#%* with golf its crazy ... its overhwleming lol ... i downloaded a video just last night on the 8 steps of the swing and dude went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to in depth for me right now ... im gonna force myself to try and learn it though

Grass ranges are common at expensive clubs....here in So-Cal I know of a few inexpensive grass ranges. Also, grass ranges provide less pressure on your elbows.

You're not going to get any better from watching instructional videos. It takes time, and personally, golf is a hands on game. Videos tend to be biasbecause every individual has different form and swings. I recommend getting hands on lessons. Thats how I see it.

going out to vegas in about a month for a bachelor party. golfing like 3 days. finally get to play wolf creek.

solesavage i used to live in orange county. oak creek in irvine has one of the best practice facilities i have ever seen. you definitely pay for it though withrange prices being so high

Man I need some new shoes. I've been rocking these FootJoys for 4 years and it's time for an upgrade. What are y'all rocking?

pimp.gif
what color dots?

white dot.

Blisters can be caused by numerous things. Swing mechanics, gripping too tight......

going out to vegas in about a month for a bachelor party. golfing like 3 days. finally get to play wolf creek.

solesavage i used to live in orange county. oak creek in irvine has one of the best practice facilities i have ever seen. you definitely pay for it though with range prices being so high
wow, i hope your t-time is at 5am! LOL You'll have a heat stroke at like 10am
laugh.gif

Ive played Vegas a couple of times. I cant remember which courses, have to check my scorecards.....I played two New Years ago, and the weather was perfect.

Thanks, i'll have to check that place out. I am always practicing at Roger Dunns Islands

Jay, don't sweat those balls (pause.) it was the last thing i was gonna bother you about with everything you had going on at the time.

i mean, unless of course...you got it like that.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

but i was just thinking going from what i had, to the combo's i'm currently swinging would be a nice transition into blades next?

and unfortunately, that 89 was on my "home" course, a course that i've played seriously over 100 times and know every in and out of.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Man I need some new shoes. I've been rocking these FootJoys for 4 years and it's time for an upgrade. What are y'all rocking?

i wear footjoys as well but those adidas 360 ltd's are hot

I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.
grin.gif

I went to a driving range once because most of my boys golf, and it didn't go as bad as I expected; I connected beautifully on a few shots.

Is there any correlation between a baseball swing and a golf swing?

i actually don't like the pro v1's too much - they spin too much or something
laugh.gif

And gunna - i've noticed i have the same problem with the high fade. I have been moving the ball way back in my stance this year at the range and reallyliking the shape of my shots better. I was grooving my 7-iron like 210 the other week and not even realizing it, the thing was so high and soft, it wasridiculous.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Puma GTX Concordes

And gunna - i've noticed i have the same problem with the high fade. I have been moving the ball way back in my stance this year at the range and really liking the shape of my shots better. I was grooving my 7-iron like 210 the other week and not even realizing it, the thing was so high and soft, it was ridiculous.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom