The Official: Anyone Golf? Thread ...

lilstarz07

Banned
this is my new !+%% ... i mean i suck right now but im getting better ... i downloaded some instructional videos and learned a few basic things and saw animmediate improvement ... im going to the range at least 2 times per week and playing at least a 9 hole par 3 as well ... probably the most frustrating sportof all time ...

Been trying to play every weekend since the weather got nice here in Boston. I am no good, but playin 18, talking ##%+, drinking brews for 3-4 hours aint a badtime.

i play every now and then...couple times a month. i'm pretty decent except i can't putt worth a damn.

man im telling you i love it ... ive never been this bad at something ive tried for the first time and the best feeling in the world is hitting a crisp shotand actually getting close to the pin ... and then sinking a putt is the #!#!!

shannon what course you been playing at?

I went first time of the year last week. only played 9. finished with 3 pars, won't say what happened on the first 6.

I've been playing golf sporadically since I was 9.
smh.gif
Been focusing more on school work.

I've been trying to give it another shot recently... going to the range around 2-3 times a week. My short game sucks.
laugh.gif

Golf can be quite frustrating at first, since form is EXTREMELY important... but when you got your form consistent... it's definitely a more enjoyableexperience after that...
pimp.gif

i cant wait till im consistent with my form and dont chunk 1 out of every 5 balls ... i have my driver down though i rarely hit it bad ... its just my ironsare the worst i either hit before the ball and dribble it 2 feet or get too much of it and put it 50 yards too far lol

I learned how to play from my grandfather when I was about 15. I was starting to get decent at it for a while in 2006 but between all my moves, I haven'thad my equipment with me or the time to really hit the links or driving range for practice. Hopefully this summer I'll get more time to work on my swingand my power driving.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I went first time of the year last week. only played 9. finished with 3 pars, won't say what happened on the first 6.

We play all over. Shaker Hills out in Harvard, MA.....Hickory Hills over in Metheun.....Pine Hills out in Plymouth....a spot out in Melrose, name is escapingme right now. Some of these courses are a hike but usually the further away you go the nicer the course. You got any recommendations?

I used to play a lot and it was helpful that I worked a grunt job at a country club for a while so I could golf for free.

My putting was/is pathetic, which has lost me a considerable amount of money to my friends. Then again, drinking didn't help either.

its always good to spring for an instructor maybe once every few months depending on how you play. Someone who can key you into the little things you are doingright or wrong.

My pops has been playing for probably about thirty years and he still meets up with an instructor every now and then to tweak his swing and to point out somebad habits

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by Al3xis

We play all over. Shaker Hills out in Harvard, MA.....Hickory Hills over in Metheun.....Pine Hills out in Plymouth....a spot out in Melrose, name is escaping me right now. Some of these courses are a hike but usually the further away you go the nicer the course. You got any recommendations?

I usually play at Brookmeadow in Canton. It's pretty decent, probably not as nice as those courses, but not as far either.

dont hit the course too much because membership/green fees are expensive as !!%! but im on the range all the time.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

playin 18, talking ##%+, drinking brews for 3-4 hours aint a bad time.

pimp.gif

i'm ok, shot an 89 first time out the other day. golf is %%+%$@% addicting man. i didn't start playing til i got out of high school, my dad wasalways trying to get me to play and i was like "i ain't playing no golf....ima go hoop." then after i finally started playing, it humbled me.
laugh.gif
i was always pretty good at other sports until golf and got thatmindset like "golf ain't gonna make a fool of me."

%%+%$@% love it.
pimp.gif

shot an 89 the first time? thats +$%$%* great i shot a 49 on a par 30 9 hole course ... but that was my first time ever golfing and ive made significantstrides in the last 2 weeks ... i think im gonna go for some lessons

I feel like a lot of people underestimate how difficult it is to be good at golf. Everybody sucks when they start out, but there is a very fast learning curve.With enough practice one can go from the 100s to 90s somewhat easily. The 90s to 80s is damn hard, and getting in the 70s is damn near impossible.

I've been playing off and on since I was about 10, played in high school. I probably play about 4 times per year now and shoot around 82-85.

I get out about 10 times during the summer every year for about the last 3 years. I love playing golf, hanging with friends, drinking beer, and getting out ona nice summer day. I'm not that good, I suck with the driver and any wood but for some reason I'm a beast on the green, it's just getting therethts the problem. As soon as I'm close enough to use my pitching wedge I do, only club I can control
laugh.gif

I golf pretty often.

Just bought Nike CCI irons this spring, have Nike Fairway woods (Ignite) and Driver (Sumo 2 Sasquatch). Taylor Made Mezza Monza putter
pimp.gif
... best golf purchase ever.

Par 3 is the best course to hit early in the season. I don't know about you all, but my chipping and iron shots are the first thing that gets rusty duringthe winter. Driving and putting are like riding a bike.

Best round on a par 3, nine holes was a 30. 64 over 18.

My lowest round on a larger course is 78... I always seem to have one hole I will double or triple bogey...
ohwell.gif

damn canadian ... i JUST purchased the Sumo 2 this past week for 149.99 and got a free sq 3 wood ... how are your irons? i was thinking about getting a set ofsumo irons cuz they just went on sale at tgw.com for 399.99 in graphite too ...

If I were you I would stay away from graphite. As a young adult, you are going to get more distance and power from steel shafts on your irons. Graphites aremore for women, young players, or seniors, as they are more slingshot... steel irons are more rigid. Yes it takes more head speed to get the same distance, butsteel will be more accurate.

CCI's have been amazing. My friend has the Nike Ignite irons, which are also a good set. Never used the the Sumo irons... I actually didn't know Nikemade Sumo irons.

I hear Cleveland has some amazing sets out too, but they tend to be a bit more pricey.

Also, if you have issues with chipping (my biggest problem area) you might want to invest in a 56 or 58 degree wedge. I found, even with my PW, I would top theball... the bigger degree utility wedges make it damn near impossible to top.

You give up distance, but just as a utility club, its a gosend when you are 30-40 yards from the green, rather than using a PW and shooting it 90 feet past thegreen.

Peep the AK avy. There are quite a few NT golfers out there. I started playing when I was 15 and have been hooked on it since. Just picked up some CallawayX-20 irons and I love the way they hit. This summer is dedicated to just golf and I plan to play any time I can.

nice setup wildkycat ... i need to step my image game up too i have a cheap +$$ set of RAM all in one clubs bag and all lol cuz i didnt know how much i wasgonna like golf but now im hooked for sure ... i havent been this hooked on something since cod4 came out and thats bonkers ...

o canada, thanks for the input ... i found a set of cci's for 399.99 and i just might take the leap ... i also found a set of ignites for 299.99 so i dunnowhich one to go with ... my problem is i know im not that good but like i said im working with a set of RAM clubs so i dont know how bad i really am ... i seemto be fine on the range but its hard for me to judge the distance and direction with my irons on the course ...

I bought a set of Cleveland CG-7's before the season hit, still getting used to them but they are definitley an upgrade over my older pieces of %@%*.

Also for those interested, Callaway is currently running a deal where you can cop the FT-9 Driver for $399 and get a 3 & 5 wood at no additional cost.Pretty good deal that I am going to take advantage of here soon. Hit the FT-9 last weekend and really liked it.

yeah man it seems like every site is making deals like that ... when i saw the sasquatch for 150 i had to jump on it cuz i hit the #%%# outta the ball at therange with my friends ... i only got a 3 wood with it though ... fml

Back
Top Bottom