THE OFFICIAL COOKING THREAD VOL. FOOD NUDES

solarius49

Banned
This was a great thread in the past, and I'm really trying to learn more about cooking. Most of the things I make are just ideas that pop up in my head and want to try. Some turn out great...some turn out turrible....Lets see yours too!

I made this last night for me, my dad and girl. Its spicy mango chicken. I chopped up 2 chicken breasts thin, chopped up some left over mango, along with half an onion and 1 red and 1 yellow pepper.

I seasoned the mango, onion and peppers with Weber's Kickin Chicken seasoning and chili powder. I made a marinade with olive oil, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and brown sugar.

I didnt get to let the chicken marinate as long as I would have liked, and I slightly overcooked the chicken, but It came out delicious! even though it wasnt quite as spicy as I would have liked. All in all it was a success.

Taking some cues from the previous dish, I decided to pan fry this last chicken breast. I mixed 3 parts olive oil with 1 part beer in a pan. I added some garlic, salt and parmesan cheese to fry the chicken in. I chopped up the chicken, and coated it in egg, then coated it a combination of Bisquick, parmesan cheese, and Weber Garlic and Spices chicken seasoning.

When this hit the oil the smell was amazing! I decided to chop up some bacon and some peppers, coat it in the egg and Bisquick and fry them as well. The flavors from the fat of the bacon really added to the taste of the chicken. All together it was DELICIOUS!

This idea came out HORRIBLE. When I was driving cross country, I got this idea that if I put some chicken, onions, peppers and cheeses in a blender, that it would come out as a delicious puree....instead it came out tasting like poop. Boredom got the best of me I guess :smh:

I love cooking....like anything in life, the more you do it, the better you get.

This is from the other week:

Some marinated chicken that I grilled, sweet potato fries, and a corn/mushroom (seasoned) salad.

2zxuvlt.png

Some other stuff...

BLT Pasta

30rtzxh.png

Shrimp Scampi

2ziab5u.png

and in a few minutes, I'm about to make some Spanish Spaghetti w/ Olives and Chimichurri Steak

Pasta is for later in the week...got to make it today because i don't have a lot of time after work.

I love cooking....like anything in life, the more you do it, the better you get.

This is from the other week:

Some marinated chicken that I grilled, sweet potato fries, and a corn/mushroom (seasoned) salad.

2zxuvlt.png

Some other stuff...

BLT Pasta

30rtzxh.png

Shrimp Scampi

2ziab5u.png

and in a few minutes, I'm about to make some Spanish Spaghetti w/ Olives and Chimichurri Steak

Pasta is for later in the week...got to make it today because i don't have a lot of time after work.

I do alot of stuff with corn, onions and mushrooms...but can you tell me more about how you make your sweet potato fries?

^
You can just cut the potatoes into the size fries you want and either double fry them or bake them in the oven.

^
You can just cut the potatoes into the size fries you want and either double fry them or bake them in the oven.

I heard something about soaking them in seltzer water or something like that....plus cutting sweet potatoes is the biggest pain in the ***! lol

One thing I need to work on is presentation, I dont get to cook enough, and usually I'm working with left over ingredients

^

I heard something about soaking them in seltzer water or something like that....plus cutting sweet potatoes is the biggest pain in the ***! lol
I used to soak regular fries in some vinegar because I saw a restaurant do it on food network :lol:.

I have some small potatoes and I'll probably cut them into chips with a slicer and fry them up. I went to a bar before that made fresh chips with a cheese dipping sauce. So damn good.

I do alot of stuff with corn, onions and mushrooms...but can you tell me more about how you make your sweet potato fries?

Let's see if I can remember how I did it.

-Preheat oven to 425

-Take the skin off the SPs

-Slice in half the long way...then slice across. You'll have 1/4 pieces.

-With the 1/4 pieces, slice to your desired thickness.

-In a small bowl, put in some canola oil and spices (I usually use salt, pepper, and maybe some cumin)

-Dump the SPs in the bowl and coat w. your canola mixture

-Put fries on a baking tray - but don't clump them. Try to arrange them so they will be easy to flip when cooking.

-Bake fries for about 20 minutes (I think) and flip them over at 10.

-I don't like my fries too crispy, so you might want to

1. Raise the heat (but lower baking time)

or

2. Cook them longer at 425

Hope this helps bro!

Well, I finished up cooking the pasta and the steaks are marinating in the chimichurri sauce. I'll post pics later on.

*Oh yea...I can only imagine what being pepper sprayed feels like. Stupidly, I was chopping some jalapenos w/ no gloves and I got some of the oil in my eye. AGONY for about 20 minutes. No bueno. SMH.

bout to throw to together a bacon guacamole jalepeno fried egg burger. :pimp:

might try some of those sweet potato fries too. sunday funday

Last edited:
It was in a coma. Just whipped up some fried chicken mashed taters and broccoli. Meant to post a pic but was blinded by the hunger. I'll post tomorrow's pizza

I think just posting pictures food would defeat the purpose of the Food thread.

Maybe post the recipe, directions, etc ...

I'll do a lil of both.
Making some catfish nuggets and potatoes. Currently marinating the catfish now in a wet rub of flour, cayenne, salt, pepper, and old Bay for about 15-20 mins

Boiled my potatoes and mashed em and threw in some sweet peas. Then seasoned it with more old Bay, salt and pepper

Back
Top Bottom