****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

have they found somethinng that would do the soles of the 1s? or is that pretty much a done deal?

this poroduct WILL NOT un-yellow your clear soles, midsoles, yellow shoes, yellow skin, yellow teeth, etc. based on the pictures that have been posted, it only helps reduce the yellowness a little....which means after you use it, your soles and teeth will still be yellow just not as yellow as before.
[/url]​

it did change the texture of the mesh but the yellow is basically gone. it changed the mesh on the sides too but the side pictures don't so the change as well as i would like.

so, anybody know how to whiten patent leather?

DS CG IX w/ everything sz5.5Y​

Cadillaczac,
I think the reason your soles barely cleared up is because you placed it in the spray booth. I think if you had put it in natural sunlight like it says, you would have better results.
Also, you used the Island Girl Pink. I think the product that seems to be working for the clearing of the soles is the Sea Glow product.
WANTED:
True Air Max '97 sz 11.5 or 12
I'm looking for these in any condition, used or new.Contact info in profile.

i hope someone figures it out soon, cause i wore my dmp vi's in the rain yesterday and they turning a little tint of green. ouch. >:
mad.gif

Kickmasterz...... The albinoz...... TEAM ROC
email- mizzle@tmail.com aim- yamamasman ebay-kickmasterz
DMP ON EBAY. CHECK ME OUT!!!

ok, clearly this stuff improves the yellowing. i dno what most of ya'll are talking about, the lighting and all. obviously after sea glow, the shoe is shades lighter. i think somebody needs to try this twice on their shoes. sometimes you have to wash things twice, yaknow? first time might have gotten most of it, but you might need to go again to get the remaining oxidation.

So if Sea Glow can even slightly reverse the effects of oxidation, would it not stand to reason that by applying it to DS clear soles one could slow the yellowing process? I have read other posts by people saying that they will buy a bottle once their soles yellow, but would it not be better to protect them BEFORE they actually yellow? Comments Nick?

^ If you were to put it on DS soles, you would have to place the shoes in the sunlight for Sea Glow to do anything, as the flourescence in it is powered by natural light, so it probably wouldn't be smart to put it on DS soles.

Didn't do jack to my concords & who feels like putting their kicks in the sun anyway? Wouldn't that cause more issues?
"I start with a peace sign but quick to dead the index."

i tried looking for it on the thread but i couldn't find it so how do you actually apply the bar keepers friend and what are the steps
"Destiny is not something to be waited for, but achieved"

it's on the first post.

you make a paste with the powder.
use an old toothbrush or some sort of scrub(toothbrush is the best)
just apply and leave for about 30sec-1min then scrub
rinse off completely with cool water
let air dry

DS CG IX w/ everything sz5.5Y​

i think they should sticky this cause averyone is gonna want to see it once in a while
live in Pickering, Ontario? selling your Jays? ezmail me, i will buy (depends) (sz 9.5 - 10.5)

so um basically all u do is clean the sole and then rub in the seaglow into the sole and netting?
I AM THE STONE THAT THE BUILDER REFUSED......

As the inventor of Sea Glow, I thought you all might be interested in how it works, how it should be used, and the precautions you should take. Visit [font color=red]www.islandgirlproducts.com[/font] for more details and to order Sea Glow. Yellowing on the surface of white or clear synthetic rubber is due to surface oxidation and staining, and will be removed by Sea Glow or Island Girl Pink. However, yellowing that goes down deep into the sole is mainly due to the natural slightly yellow color of the rubber that, when new, is corrected by a flourescent "optical brightener", which eventually stops working and HAS to be activated by the small amount in UV in regular daylight. By soaking down into the rubber, the highly flourescent additives in Sea Glow will neutralize the yellowness, but only in the presence of sunlight. Once this has happened, the rubber will stay this way as long as it sees daylight every few days (sort of like a battery being charged). On solid white rubber, the Sea Glow does not need to penetrate very far at all.

I do not know whether Sea Glow will work on the netting of the shoes (probably made of nylon), but you could very carefully test a small area and find out.

On white leather, BE VERY CAREFUL since the coating on leather is sort of related to nail polish and might be removed by undiluted Sea Glow. You could, however, try as a 1:1 mixture with water, wiping off the excess.

Finally, I do not know the quality of the glue used in making sneakers. Although Sea Glow is safe on the glue used in making inflatable boats, the glue used in making sneakers may be different. DO NOT ALLOW SEA GLOW TO SOAK DOWN INTO GLUED SEAMS. JUST USE WATER TO PREVENT THIS OR TO INACTIVATE THE SEA GLOW. In any case, wipe over the surface of the shoes with water when you have finished using the Sea Glow. If you have any questions, or pictures you would like to share with us and others, attach them to an email to islandgirlproducts@mac.com. We would be glad to give all due credit to the pics if they are of sufficient quality to post on our website.

Some of the Sea Glow will be washed out of the rubber if worn in the rain, we are experimenting with a surface sealant that might be perfect to seal in the good effects of the Sea Glow. Please contact, for more information.[link=[URL]http://www.islandgirlproducts.com[/URL]]www.islandgirlproducts.com[/link]

As the inventor of Sea Glow, I thought you all might be interested in how it works, how it should be used, and the precautions you should take. Visit [font color=red]www.islandgirlproducts.com[/font] for more details and to order Sea Glow. Yellowing on the surface of white or clear synthetic rubber is due to surface oxidation and staining, and will be removed by Sea Glow or Island Girl Pink. However, yellowing that goes down deep into the sole is mainly due to the natural slightly yellow color of the rubber that, when new, is corrected by a flourescent "optical brightener", which eventually stops working and HAS to be activated by the small amount in UV in regular daylight. By soaking down into the rubber, the highly flourescent additives in Sea Glow will neutralize the yellowness, but only in the presence of sunlight. Once this has happened, the rubber will stay this way as long as it sees daylight every few days (sort of like a battery being charged). On solid white rubber, the Sea Glow does not need to penetrate very far at all.

I do not know whether Sea Glow will work on the netting of the shoes (probably made of nylon), but you could very carefully test a small area and find out. Let me know the results!!!

On white leather, BE VERY CAREFUL since the coating on leather is sort of related to nail polish and might be removed by undiluted Sea Glow. You could, however, try as a 1:1 mixture with water, wiping off the excess.

Finally, I do not know the quality of the glue used in making sneakers. Although Sea Glow is safe on the glue used in making inflatable boats, the glue used in making sneakers may be different. DO NOT ALLOW SEA GLOW TO SOAK DOWN INTO GLUED SEAMS. JUST USE WATER TO PREVENT THIS OR TO INACTIVATE THE SEA GLOW. In any case, wipe over the surface of the shoes with water when you have finished using the Sea Glow. If you have any questions, or pictures you would like to share with us and others, attach them to an email to islandgirlproducts@mac.com. We would be glad to give all due credit to the pics if they are of sufficient quality to post on our website.

Some of the Sea Glow will be washed out of the rubber if worn in the rain, we are experimenting with a surface sealant that might be perfect to seal in the good effects of the Sea Glow. Please contact, for more information.[link=[URL]http://www.islandgirlproducts.com[/URL]]www.islandgirlproducts.com[/link][mail]islandgirlproducts@mac.com[/mail]

^ Wow thanks for the info as well as everyone else.

Quote:
By soaking down into the rubber, the highly flourescent additives in Sea Glow will neutralize the yellowness, but only in the presence of sunlight.

How long do you need to keep the shoes in the sunlight for? Is it something that works in a few minutes, few hours or a few days. I'd be using is on a fairly yellow pair of v's.

to islandgirl88:

did you get a NT acct. just to promote this product? if you're product is indeed a temporary solution to soles, that would make you guys a lot of money. you probably get 4+ orders a day now.

anyway, i just thought its funny that she/he posted that info. thanks

"so, anybody know how to whiten patent leather?"
real talk, im having trouble with my columbias now too.

Yeah, this thing needs to be stickied. Anyway, from Island Girl's post, it looks like you need to keep the soles in the sunlight for quite a while... days even. I don't know, I'll have to try it on my Concords or something to find out I guess. Great post though.

this should be stickied. Will be very helpful
Shop at karmaloop for great selections and deal!
For 20% off enter REP code : HU6465

aim: soleoreo23

Back
Top Bottom