****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

I can personally see a huge difference in those CG XI's... I think I might be a believer now, haha. Everything has changed a shade on those (except the back heel portion), so they're looking pretty good. This still needs to be stickied though, like everyone is saying.

just bought some sea glow today...ima try it on some old griffeys before i do any testing on jordans..lol
do ya really wanna kno?well?do ya?

I bought the sea glow and applied it to my VI low's. I'll post lots of pics when I'm done. Here's what I've found out so far. The stuff does in fact make the soles look clearer. And the results are far more noticeable where the soles are thinnest. Case in point, the V's that were shown have the tranditional tread grooves. The tread is basically a bunch of triangles. The sea glow works great on them because it can penetrate on two sides of the "triangle" and therefore get at the oxidated rubber under the surface.

However, the VI's the soles aren't like this. They of course have holes spaced close and some spaced futher apart. There are even some areas where theren't are any holes. In the places where there aren't many holes the soles is thick. My soles are piss yellow and in these areas the sea glow doesn't improve much. In the places where the sole has holes close together (under the heel) the sea glow works pretty good. Because the solution settles down in the holes and against the sides of the hole, it's able to penetrate into the rubber at different depths. As a result the soles between these closely space holes brightens up nicely.

As you can see in the above pics of the CG XI's the arch area of the foot shows the most improvement and this is the area where the sole is thinnest. For the VI's, the rubber in the bottom of the holes is very thin and the look very white.

I've concluded that sea glow does work but is limited by how much it can penetrate the rubber. I've applied it many times and in bright sun light for hours and even two hours in a tanning bed (lots of UV rays).

I've decided to try watering down the sea glow because its quite dense like oil, and allowed the shoes to sit in for a few hours in hopes that solution will penetrate more into the rubber. Once I'm done with that I'll post all the pics and you can make what ever conclusions you wish.
Jordans. Contact me at plaguey23@yahoo.com[/i]

i was gonna post pics, but the guy with the cool grey's soles pics looks exactly the same as mine, and the seaglow worked pretty well also. I highly recommend this to anyone who owns clear soled shoes...

u guys,it really works..i tried it on my sisters columbia 11's,after that,i saw amazing results..the blue tint seems to be coming back...i need a dam camera!!!

i have to say,it works...but it won't make your shoe look icey as if they took a trip back in time....but it does a good job..i will post pics as soon as i borrow a camera..u guys will be surpised with my results...i promise to you who havent tried...theres no other way i can prove to u guys that it works..except for my word(which probably doesnt mean much,since ima newb =(..)..pics will be posted soon
do ya really wanna kno?well?do ya?

It will work on PISS Yellow soles! It just takes waaaaayyy more time and effort. My concord XI's went from piss to mild yellow. The cool part is that they look really good when you wear them cuz the parts that are visible on the sides are pretty clear. They are no longer DMP gold!

There has been some great posts here, and also some misunderstandings.
1. MESH: We have now tried Sea Glow on white mesh that is dirty, and it doesn't seem to work very well. We are going to pick up some of the powder version of bar keepers friend to try and confirm nickthestick's findings for ourselves.

2. As we expected, Sea Glow has a great effect on naturual and synthetic rubber and making it whiter. You can see this by going to our website www.islandgirlproducts.com or clicking directly on this link : homepage.mac.com/seebiski...ter39.html

3. The instructions and findings by nickthestick and Plaguey23 really show that the product has to penetrate down deep into the clear rubber to get rid of the yellow tinge. This is obviously why it works where the rubber is thinner or where there is a molded in pattern that increases the surface area for absorption. One of you guys has sent us a pair of clear soled shoes for our own tests, and we will take lots of photos and video of our results and application process. We may also try reformulating Sea Glow for faster penetration into the rubber-certainly a better idea then stabbing the soles with tiny pinpricks!

4. In the post by plaguey23 the surface yellowing in the heel area looks very similar to the sort of yellowing due to oxidation that you see onthe plastic rear windows of convertible cars. To remove this let the Sea Glow penetrate deep, it may be necessary to use a synthetic steel wool pad made out of plastic and grit or even a brass bristled brush. These are available at any hardware store. We should soon be able to test this for ourselves. BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH THE LEATHER OR OTHER SHINY PLASTIC SURFACES!

5. Sea Glow and Island Girl Pink are VERY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS! Although they both remove dirt and surface oxidation, Sea Glow contains a conditioner that is designed to soak down into the plastic or rubber and preserve it. It also highly fluorescent and that is how it brings back the icy clear color or snowy whiteness to plastics and rubber. You should be using Sea Glow and not IG Pink for color correction.

6.LIGHT/UV RAYS: Although heat makes the Sea Glow "runnier" so that it can penetrate faster, it is the UV rays that produce the whitening, just like those teeth whitening products. You will get the effect even behind regular window glass (you can test how much UV is coming through by whether the Sea Glow "glows" when you dab a bit on the top of the white bottle cap). Any daylight will work, but as in getting a sunburn, direct sunlight is much faster. You could use a UV lamp, but BE CAREFUL TO PROTECT YOUR EYES. I thought that the idea of putting the shoes in a tanning bed was great! But I have visions of the guy wearing his shoes in the tanning bed! lol

7. We do have a MirrorHard Superglaze and Silkenseal coatings that might be suitable for patent leather, but I would need to test this myself before making any recommendation.

If anybody has any contacts with Footlocker or Nike etc. let us know. This is the only way these products will be widely available (but of course then they would have to accept their soles do deteriorate, which could be a problem).

Thank you for your time,

Dr. Anthony Willis

^^he just said Sea Glow. R.I.F.

anyway, has anyone tried it on the side netting of the V's yet?
That's Jeezy, if that matters

If you have any 11.5-13 shoes (especially Jordan) for sale, email me at joe_peezy10@hotmail.com

:pimp:
pimp.gif

- so if i rock my DMP XI's and they get slight yellowing

does that mean i can apply sea glow and then afterwards rock them again

and just continue the process ?? because after rockin my XI's thy got slighlty

yellow now i just keep them in the box and im scared to wear them !

i need to see some beyond piss, like golden piss yellow soles. i got a piar of concords that look like someone rubbed butter on the soles then pissed on them.

Quote:
If anybody has any contacts with Footlocker or Nike etc. let us know. This is the only way these products will be widely available (but of course then they would have to accept their soles do deteriorate, which could be a problem).

So using sea glow will cause my shoes to deteriorate??? Can you elaborate a little more on this
Any J's for sale sz 13-14 lemme know.. AIM RuGe3385

Airzona State Nters get at me

^He's saying Nike would have to admit that their soles do deterioriate/yellow if they were to recognize the Sea Glow Product...

Finally took pics. I wanted to test this out on my piss yellow snakeskin XI's to see how much of a difference it made. I'm going to keep applying more to see if they will get more clear. I only did it to the right shoe.
After 2 applications of sea glow:

(the one on the right)
ogdjb6.jpg

(the one on the left)
ogdx5l.jpg

(the one on the left)
ogdnae.jpg

In the first pic the soles look more clear, I think it is because there was more sunlight going through them. You can definitely see a difference.

**UPDATE**

Third Application:

(left one)
ossuhs.jpg

(top) - Closeup of mid
ossutc.jpg

(top) - Closeup of center jumpmans
ossuxc.jpg

They keep on looking better and better. Suns been shy lately. I will keep applying the SG to see if I there is a more dramatic difference.

^^^I know, I'm not trying to save them or anything. I'm just seaglowing them to be curious.

If the midsoles and the plastic tab on the back of white cement IIIs is yellowed, will Sea Glow remove the yellowing?
For sale:

VNDS IV White/Varsity Red-Black Lasers 11.5 $285 shipped FIRM
NDS XX Black/Stealth-Varsity Red 11.5 $135 shipped FIRM

^^^I don't think it will work, because people have said that it is used only for clear plastic or rubber

SHOE CLEANING TESTS:
1. We are very grateful to a fellow Nike Talker who sent us a pair of older Nike Jordans with clear soles that have gone yellowed. Also included was a set of "as new" childrens Jordans with clear soles, with slightly yellowed soles. We are now testing with Sea Glow, taking pictures and making videos. However, since they arrived WE HAVE HAD NO SUN!!!

2. I bought a whole bunch of cleaners etc . from a local hardware store and have been testing them on white mesh on an old pair of Nikes that had become really brown. So far this is what I have found:

A) Bar Keepers Friend works exactly like Nickthestick and others have found. This product is based on oxalic acid which is well known as a bleaching agent to remove rust stains etc. from boat hulls. Interestingly, the Bar Keepers Friend was only 1/10 the cost of the stuff made for boats!!!

B) I also tried Bon Ami (Phosphorous acid based cleaner) without any real success

C) Oxiclean-no success. Oxiclean contains sodium percarbonate which works by generating hydrogen peroxide in the presence of water. Hydrogen peroxide acts like a bleach.

D) SpotMaster (solvent and detergent based)-no success

We are doing more tests, but none of these "water based" products can be expected to penetrate into the soles and change the color. We will keep you posted with pics etc. on the IG website: w.islandgirlproducts.com

FYI: Sea Glow can be used on Clear, White and most colored plastics and rubbers, especially red, blue etc. The only colors that would be changed in a wierd/unexceptable way are "earthtones"-brown or beige.

Back
Top Bottom