****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

Quote:
MichAeLegend <=== Should I post that shoe care that removes yellowing on the midsole (ex. Jordan Is)?

Can you PLEASE post this??
"And everybody has their own crosses to bear. Mine isn't different from anybody else's here but we all have our crosses. The point is to pick that cross up and carry it."

^i think its on page 1
Like i said before, if they retroed the shoe the same exact way it's all good in my book, i dont care i rather them retro them the same way this way todays generation can get an idea of what it is to own an exact replica of an og. What counts is the date inside the shoe. Also, i dont collect for "value" to hell with value. If this is the reason that those who have og's dont want exact replicas because of og value decrease, then your into this sneaker culture for money and for obvious wrong reasons. To hell with value.OGs will always hold their value.-BIGBEN1986

i have a question is bar kreepers friend just 4 the mesh and the sea glow for the bottom clear soles ? :pimp:
pimp.gif

I use this *For ppl who don't have access to direct sunlight or limited sun source

REPTISUN UVB 10.0 (10%) LIGHT

Forget going to the Tanning booth
get this! I am currently using this for my yellow clearing.
they work just like the sun.
*only downside is that you need to place the shoes in angles ie. side of soles must be laid down sideways.

** If you are going with this product I hightly suggest wearing UV cut goggles, sunglasses.

I'll post pics of the results when they are crystal clear (just a bit more applications) with before and after pics

^^ word
really this should gets stickied so we can always have a place to check up on cleaning/restoring tips
Im of a mind that makes a movie...

Great Job on Page 1. This whole thread needs to be filtered like page 1. 21+ is alot to read

Has anyone tried the "cure" on OG Jordan I White/Red-black (yellow midsoles and tongue)? any info would be great. thanks in advance

Does anyone know if Sea Glow is better than island Girl because I was sent island girl instead.
[/center]
[/center]
[/b][/center]

^
I heard Island girl pink might further yellow your shoes and you only want to use Sea Glow for the oxidated plastic. So send your stuff back and wait for the Sea Glow to come through.

I just recieved my 2 bottles of Sea Glow and worked on my XVI's a little because I don't have a camera right now and I want to take before and after pics of my Infrareds and Space Jams. It worked decently on the XVI's but I didn't use that much Sea Glow or leave it in the sun enough for it to dry.

REPPIN' UPTOWN DC...
"WIF' MO' KICKS THAN A BABY IN A MOTHER'S STOMACH."NAS= G.R.O.A.T.
<----MCFLY'S NIKES IS :pimp:
pimp.gif

Do you think it will work better during the summer when the temp. is warmer? I may wait til then to try.

Quote:
Does anyone know if Sea Glow is better than island Girl because I was sent island girl instead.

that sucks they couldn't send you the SG. i heard island girl would be the ideal product to use for yellowed midsoles...not clear soles...they can actually make them WORSE. get some SG for the clear soles dude.
I miss the quality of the 90's​

Quote:
Do you think it will work better during the summer when the temp. is warmer? I may wait til then to try.

i'll go out on a limb and say it would def work better in the summer.

It will only work better in the summer because there is more sunlight not higher temperature. This stuff works based on UV rays not temperature.

REPPIN' UPTOWN DC...
"WIF' MO' KICKS THAN A BABY IN A MOTHER'S STOMACH."NAS= G.R.O.A.T.
<----MCFLY'S NIKES IS :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
that sucks they couldn't send you the SG. i heard island girl would be the ideal product to use for yellowed midsoles...not clear soles...they can actually make them WORSE. get some SG for the clear soles dude.

So i should use them on my 3's then?
[/center]
[/center]
[/b][/center]

agreed!^^^ tommorow is my big day with sea glow i hope! if pbullet23 doesnt foget! im bringin my patents!

son, i want to yes but i don't know for a fact. someone here should know for sure....anyone?

i think that the only sure thing to remove yellowness to a mid sole would be to sand it but that is very risky!

Here's another round of pictures for those who are still interested in discussing SG. The soles of the black v's turned out ok. I think my soles were every bit as yellow as those posted by Nick but I think his turned out better than mine. I'm not sure why. Maybe this discussion could shift into talking about strategies that you have tried to improve your sole's clearness.

I'll start by talking about what I've tried. The tanning bed didn't work that great from what I could tell. The actual sunlight appears to have helped more. There is a big difference when looking at the soles and mesh net in sunlight versus indoor light. The difference is dramatic. So SG reallly does get "activated" by the presence of UV light.

Secondly, soaking the soles in SG has had some effects both good and bad. Again remember to watch out for those glue seams. Who cares if you have icey soles if they are no long attached to the rest of your shoe. I soaked my vi's in SG for a couple hours then put them out in the sun. Those pics have been posted. I think that worked pretty well. I soaked my v's over night (because I forgot about them) and when I found them I was shocked. All the icey areas on the soles had turned milky white. They were not transparant any longer at all. The SG had literally soaked into the rubber. But strangely it didn't soak into the yellow areas that I could tell. Maybe the oxidated soles inhibit or block SG from penetrating? Well I thought I totally screwed up that pair but I placed them out in the sun to dry up and surprisingly all the milky whiteness went away leaving the soles icey clear again in those areas that were white.

To see test my hypothesis about oxidized rubber blocking SG I placed my vi's in SG to soak for over 24 hours. When I took them out, the soles looked as they did after soaking them for only a couple hours. So the vi's which are more yellow than my v's didn't turn milky white. I only tested the yellow toe area which is where my vi's are still very yellow. This confirmed my hypothesis but if others want to play around with this please post your finding. But be careful about leaving them in SG for long periods of time.

To make it easier to apply SG I use a applicator made for applying shoe polish. I bought a bottle of some neutral new polish, poured out the polish, and filled it up with SG. The applicator end is great for scrubbing it in and no mess like it was with the paper towels and 3m pads. And you just press hard to release more solution onto the soles.

Ok so here's the pics:
Here's the black Vs:
rebate20056jx.jpg

rebate20063sg.jpg

rebate20093yv.jpg

rebate20074vn.jpg
[/img]

After 3 coats of SG:

rebate20200bh.jpg

rebate20218fz.jpg

rebate20221ea.jpg

rebate20250rc.jpg

This is the before pic of the mesh netting on my white V's along with the new after pics:

beforewhite6ss.jpg

rebate20232ns.jpg

rebate20262pl.jpg

Jordans. Contact me at plaguey23@yahoo.com[/i]

Back
Top Bottom