****THE OFFICIAL CURE FOR YELLOWING****

aight so i mixed the bar keeperes friend in some water to make like paste, i didnt make mines that chunky, it was a lil bit more watery than chunky. here go some before pics of my shoes.

right jordan before
right_j_before.jpg

inside of right jordan before
right_j_inside_b4.jpg

left jordan before with right jordan prepared for cleaning
[left one was in worse condition than right one for some reason]
left_j_before.jpg

then i dampened the shoes and went at with a toothbrush. i scrubbed all the areas breifly for like maybe 5 mins on each shoe. mrj told me not to rinse the stuff off the shoes and to just let it sit or whatever but i wasnt really feelin the way it was lookin just lettin them sit so i rinsed the stuff off, which i will not do on my 2nd attempt, it would be better to wipe off with a damp towel so the barkeeper mix can penetrate and stay in the shoe rather than washing it away. not a drastic change but not bad for the first attempt.

right jordan after
right_j_after.jpg

inside of right jordan after
right_j_inside_after.jpg

left jordan after
left_j_after.jpg

and both of them in some bayarea daylight. [kinda cloudy out]
left_outside.jpg

right_outside.jpg

decent results. ima try again on the same pair using two different strategies this time.
this time i will make sure the mix im using is chunkier vs being watery, and ima wipe the stuff off with a damp towel instead of rinsing the shoes out. i also got a pair of concord xi's ima try it on once i master this.

and my seaglow is in the mail. that is all.

^^so,u have to leave it on there for 5 minutes?or do i do what u just said and wipe it off real quick with a towel and leave it there so it can penetrate?

let me know, because i am so eager to test on mine again..lol

imo,your results were much better than mine...

Quote:
Buddah!!
I also have seen the Barkeepers Friend at Lowes where they keep all the cleaners. Hope that helps in finding what you are looking for...

thanks alot..lol,its exactly where i found mine...
New account..been a user on here for 5 years...also, I could be lying and many of you wouldn't know...anyways,what i'm trying to say is..dont judge a newbie by his post count... aiite?

has anyone ever used ''mean green'' on yellowed soles???? i've used it to unyellow other things but never on shoes
change the game

i was wondering if anyone used it on some retro or og 9's? cuz im planning to use bar keepers friend on the toungue, but because the tougue is connected wouldnt it be a bit harder? so if anyone did it already and had success with it could post pics, and give a lil step-by-step procedure to cleaning the toungue. any type of help like that would be great.
R.A.N.C.H FOO!

very nice
Reppen Staten Island, Ny, The Forgotten Borough
NT: J Master10
Ebay: Jordanmster10
AOL: LiLSperanza10

buddah scrub the thick paste in as much as possible then with a damp towel wipe off any excess, from what mrj told me he scrubbed the mixture in the shoe and didnt rinse it at all.

so i tried one more time and these results are better.
i made the paste chunkier and let it sit and wiped with towel and stuff.

this is what it should look like when applying

should_look_like.jpg

should_look_like_2.jpg

should_look_like_3.jpg

so after all that and removing all the little excess klumps this is what the before n after looks like.

before_after_2nd.jpg

before_after_2nd_outside.jpg

and this what they look like outside.
left_j_outside_2nd.jpg

right_j_outside_2nd.jpg

both_outside.jpg

results are now satisfying, i did the stuff last nite but took pics this morning, shoes are still wet, ima wait for them to dry up some more so i can wipe the remaning lil chunks of mixture from the lace locks and lil crevices and what not.

next mission: concords! im expecting those to come out way better than both. i wanna know how the first guy did it on the first post, cuz that before and after is immaculate.

Good job on those XI lows my man. The mesh looks amazing.

Are you going to try Sea Glow on the soles? The results on the Vs 2 pages back was nothing short of amazing.

Is it just me or does the mesh on those xi's look kinda weird? It may just be the left over chunks you were atlking about. But they look off to me.

tOnerz21, make sure you rinsed all of the Bar Keepers Friend off of the shoe. I'd think that the shoes will be all hard if there's still some on there.

how long do you keep the shoes out in the sun? i jus put some XI's out there, ill post pics if results come out good. but how long do i leave it out there? i was thinkin until it dries, but would like to kno for sure.

go dumb!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

R.A.N.C.H FOO!

so does any know if this stuff works on the yellow toe cap on the front of the frenchie 7s?

sorry if it was already mentioned

Why you mad???​

yeah like nick said make sure to get out all the bar keepers friend after, yesterday when i got home from runnin around certain spots where i left lots of excess had started turnin black but then i scrubbed away and rinsed out all the barkeepers friend and they still look as good. shoes are still wet too,

dunks: the mesh does change a lil bit, it gets a lil harder but nothing drastic

playa182: i didnt leave em in the sun, just for the pictures, seaglow is the stuff u wanna leave in the sun

dalilboy: <----- salvatruchO what is is!?

for the heads that have used sea glow on the soles of their shoes, how long did you guys leave your xi's out in the sun typically? i'm thinking 3 hours will show some significance, but could the same result be achieved in less than 3 hours?

For sea glow, would it matter if it touched the other parts of the shoe such as the midsole and fabric undearth the netting, such as on the Vs ? What do you do to keep it from touching
For sale: size 5: DS XIX
size 6: VNDS black VII, OG Aqua VIII
size 7: VVVNDS black VII PM me for pics!

Looking for Jordans size 5.5-6

would puttin the shoes in a tanning bed after applying sea glow speed up the process? or is natural sunlight best? just wondering

^ natural light is the best
For sale: size 5: DS XIX
size 6: VNDS black VII, OG Aqua VIII
size 7: VVVNDS black VII PM me for pics!

Looking for Jordans size 5.5-6

has anyone used Sea Glow on their yellowing white midsoles and/or heel, for instance, on their IIIs, IVs, or any thing else facing the same problem? if so, how were your results and do you have pictures?

Will this work for my Jordan I navys? The sole and the Jordan Emblem is turning yellow will this reverse it? Is there any other product that you can buy in stores that can do just the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom