K: Stephen Gostkowski

D: New York Giants

Bench:

Daniel Thomas

Donovan Mcnabb

C.J. Spiller

Jacoby Ford

Roy Helu
Idk I really think you should get a really good quarterback this year, so i can't get down with Stafford...
Rest of your team I like, you just need McFadden to be strong like last year.

My squad I drafted for my sister

mike vick

frank gore

legarrette blount

ryan matthews

hakeem nicks

Santonio Holmes

Chiefs DST

I think I did a good job with my draft this year. Executed my plan how I wanted, but was a little surprised at some early picks by the other dudes in my league. Sort of a run on RBs in the late 2nd and 3rd round so I had to adjust. Here's my team (12 team league, 10th pick). Ahmad Bradshaw got taken right before me in the 5th round so I went with B. Lloyd. I would be in love with this team if I could have got Bradshaw.

QBs- Stafford and Bradford.
WRs- Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Lloyd, Julio Jones, Jacoby Ford
RBs- Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Rashad Jennings, Jerome Harrison
TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Giants
K- Henerey from the Eagles.

What do y'all think?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I think I did a good job with my draft this year. Executed my plan how I wanted, but was a little surprised at some early picks by the other dudes in my league. Sort of a run on RBs in the late 2nd and 3rd round so I had to adjust. Here's my team (12 team league, 10th pick). Ahmad Bradshaw got taken right before me in the 5th round so I went with B. Lloyd. I would be in love with this team if I could have got Bradshaw.

RBs- Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Brandon Jacobs, Rashad Jennings, Jerome Harrison
TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Giants

What do y'all think?
Like I said, I want a good qb this year. I got #+$#%$ because of that last year, but otherwise I like the squad.

Ten team, 5th pick. Team is stacked IMO

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Blount
WR/RB: Hakeem Nicks
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Reggie Wayne
TE: Jason Whitten
DT: Chargers
K: Josh Brown

Bench Players
Cedric Benson
Stafford
Kevin Kolb
Jimmy Graham
Danny Amendola
Javon Ringer

Originally Posted by SCuse7

TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Giants

What do y'all think?
Like I said, I want a good qb this year. I got #+$#%$ because of that last year, but otherwise I like the squad.
I adopted the theory two years ago that having an elite QB doesn't mean #%#%. I made it to the semis and had the best team in the league last year with David Garrad as my starter.
laugh.gif
. By drafting a QB early I think you give up too much value. I'd rather be stacked at 4 or 5 positions between RB/WR/Flex then have a QB who will get me 2 or 3 more points than an average QB. We'll see how it works this year. 
I was shook this year though. Vick fell to me and Andre Johnson was still available. I didn't know what to do. In all the mocks I did to prepare this scenario never happened. So I stuck with my original plan. 

Fecta- That's a pretty damn solid squad. You need more RB depth though.  

Originally Posted by Caerus

Anybody ever do a draft with ind. defensive players? %@#$ is pretty dope..
I've always wanted to do an IDP draft, but man I think I would @#$%#$ up on everything
laugh.gif

I just finished my draft.  I received the 2nd pick out of 10 teams.  Points Per Reception League.
Rate my squad:

QB:  Tom Brady

RB:  Jamaal Charles

RB:  Frank Gore

WR:  Andre Johnson

WR:  DeSean Jackson

TE:  Vernon Davis

Flex:  Chad OchoCinco

K:  Sebastian Janikowski

DEF:  Pittsburgh 

BN:  Mike Tolbert

BN:  Steve Smith (CAR)

BN:  Roy Williams (CHI)

BN:  Joe Flacco

BN:  Donald Driver

BN:  Ben Tate

BN:  Ricky Williams

BN:  Terrell Owens

I personally think my squad is beastly.  Let me know your opinion NT.  
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Niners can't stop anybody.....you're pretty much wasting a roster spot.  Just keep Philly and roll with them.
LMAO so true. I think I was just blinded by being a niners fan and Pat Willis getting 100 plus tackles lol. I will be making some moves via free agency and trades. 
This is one thing you don't want to do while you're playing fantasy football:  DO NOT BE A HOMER!
I think im about to be offered Kolb for Mcnabb. Leaning towards taking this trade.

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

I just finished my draft.  I received the 2nd pick out of 10 teams.  Points Per Reception League.
Rate my squad:

pimp.gif

How the hell did you manage to get Tom Brady, Andre Johnson, and Jamaal Charles on the same team? You playing with dudes who don't watch football?

TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Giants

What do y'all think?

Similar draft strategy to mine except I have Ryan in the mix for a possible QB and after today, Jimmy Graham as a backup TE to Finley.

I think you're looking really solid. Obviously Stafford needs to stay relatively healthy, but do you plan on rotating defenses? The Giants have suffered a ton of injuries. I can't
imagine you're sticking with them for the season. Do I sense homerism? Although, I did plan on selecting Oakland's defense...so I guess I'm one to talk.

Question for you, what were your first 3-4 picks? I'm guessing you went with Andre 1st, Mcfadden 2nd, then Stafford or Finley?

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Rate my squad:

pimp.gif

How the hell did you manage to get Tom Brady, Andre Johnson, and Jamaal Charles on the same team? You playing with dudes who don't watch football?

laugh.gif

Yeah I had a couple of idiots who reached big time in my league.  One guy drafted Benjarvus Ellis-Green first round and Ryan Grant second. 
sick.gif

I'd gladly take their money though.  
roll.gif

Any weaknesses or what not?!  

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

I've always wanted to do an IDP draft, but man I think I would @#$%#$ up on everything
laugh.gif
I <3 IDP. This is why I asked earlier.

I'd like to start a IDP league (yahoo) to show another dimension of FF. I happened to join a public league 4 years ago just to see what it's about and I'm still there; it's the most fun I have, as far as fantasy sports go.

And, if you happen to to have a bad offensive draft, a good defensive line up can cover up faults
pimp.gif

If anyone's interested in joining just for the experience, shoot me PM/reply here and I'll create a league.

Addict4Sneakers - That's a pretty solid lineup for 17th.

Originally Posted by AG 47

TE- Jermichael Finley
D/ST- Giants

What do y'all think?

Similar draft strategy to mine except I have Ryan in the mix for a possible QB and after today, Jimmy Graham as a backup TE to Finley.

I think you're looking really solid. Obviously Stafford needs to stay relatively healthy, but do you plan on rotating defenses? The Giants have suffered a ton of injuries. I can't
imagine you're sticking with them for the season. Do I sense homerism? Although, I did plan on selecting Oakland's defense...so I guess I'm one to talk.

Question for you, what were your first 3-4 picks? I'm guessing you went with Andre 1st, Mcfadden 2nd, then Stafford or Finley?
You got my first two picks right. I took Andre in the first round (10 overall) and got McFadden in the second at 15, then on the next pass I went with Vincent Jackson in the third (34th), and got Felix Jones in the fourth round (39). I actually got Finley in the 5th round (58). Ahmad Bradshaw was taken right before that pick. 
My goal was to maximize value for each pick. I wanted to have 1 elite RB and 1 elite WR after the first two rounds and then go RB, RB, in rounds 3 and 4 to pick up someone like LaGarret Blount, Felix Jones, Mark Ingram or Matt Forte, but there was a run on RBs and VJax fell to me. So I drafted him and was able to pick up Felix Jones in the fourth, which actually worked out perfect.  

As for QBs, I didn't draft Stafford until the 8th round at pick 87 and I got Bradford in the 10th round at pick 111. 

I think I was extremely lucky to get DMC, VJax, and hell even Andre Johnson where I did. I would prefer my flex to be a RB play, but Brandon Lloyd was the best fantasy WR last season and I got him in the 6th round. I think he is being way overlooked. In the third round I was 4 picks away from getting Hakeem Nicks. That would have been a robbery. Needless to say, I can't wait for the season to start. 

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Rate my squad:

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
In a ten team league with the #2 pick? That's legitimate, actually.

Here are my teams I just drafted...... both teams had a 8:45 start
laugh.gif
so I was drafting both of them at the same time
30t6p3b.gif

This team I picked 12/12
ohwell.gif
not really sure why I took 2 TEs
laugh.gif
But overall I feel like I did real well.
12Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB
13Calvin Johnson, Det WR
36LeGarrette Blount, TB RB
37Miles Austin, Dal WR
60Mario Manningham, NYG WR
61Jermichael Finley, GB TE
84Sam Bradford, StL QB
85James Starks, GB RB
108Michael Bush, Oak RB
109Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
132Jacoby Ford, Oak WR
133Jimmy Graham, NO TE
156Cowboys D/ST D/ST
157Rob Bironas, Ten K

I picked 3/12 here. Not too confidant with this team TBH.

1.(3)Arian Foster
(Hou - RB)
2.(22)Drew Brees
(NO - QB)
3.(27)Frank Gore
(SF - RB)
4.(46)Mike Williams
(TB - WR)
5.(51)Mario Manningham
(NYG - WR)
6.(70)Austin Collie
(Ind - WR)
7.(75)Jimmy Graham
(NO - TE)
8.(94)Mike Tolbert
(SD - RB)
9.(99)Brandon Jacobs
(NYG - RB)
10.(118)James Starks
(GB - RB)
11.(123)Robert Meachem
(NO - WR)
12.(142)James Jones
(GB - WR)
13.(147)Marion Barber
(Chi - RB)
14.(166)Atlanta
(Atl - DEF)
15.(171)Lawrence Tynes
(NYG - K)

Any input from u all?

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

laugh.gif
I <3 IDP. This is why I asked earlier.

I'd like to start a IDP league (yahoo) to show another dimension of FF. I happened to join a public league 4 years ago just to see what it's about and I'm still there; it's the most fun I have, as far as fantasy sports go.

And, if you happen to to have a bad offensive draft, a good defensive line up can cover up faults
pimp.gif

If anyone's interested in joining just for the experience, shoot me PM/reply here and I'll create a league.

Addict4Sneakers - That's a pretty solid lineup for 17th.
Had my first draft tonight for a IDP, here's my squad (10 man league) fyi: 2 QB's start

[table][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]Michael Vick (Phi - QB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]Eli Manning (NYG - QB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Darren McFadden (Oak - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]Felix Jones (Dal - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]Greg Olsen (Car - TE)[/td][/tr][tr][td]W/R/T[/td] [td]Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)[/td][/tr][tr][td]W/R/T[/td] [td]Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]Alex Henery (Phi - K)[/td][/tr][tr][td]DEF[/td] [td]San Diego (SD - DEF)[/td][/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]Ed Reed (Bal - S)[/td][/tr][tr][td]DB[/td] [td]DeAngelo Hall (Was - CB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td]Mario Williams (Hou - LB,DE)[/td][/tr][tr][td]DL[/td] [td]Ray Edwards (Atl - DE)[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]DeMarcus Ware (Dal - LB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]LaMarr Woodley (Pit - LB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]LB[/td] [td]Terrell Suggs (Bal - LB)[/td][/tr][/table]Bench Plaxico Burress
Bench Lance Kendrick
Bench Robert Meachem
Bench Tim Tebow (Had to
laugh.gif

Bench CJ Spiller
Bench Steven Ridley
Bench Kamerion Wimbley

Seems interesting, it's a $$$ league so It's gonna be competitive. My team is
pimp.gif
imo
laugh.gif

Anyone interested in doing a IDP with NT let me know, I'll get one going

You got my first two picks right. I took Andre in the first round (10 overall) and got McFadden in the second at 15, then on the next pass I went with Vincent Jackson in the third (34th), and got Felix Jones in the fourth round (39). I actually got Finley in the 5th round (58). Ahmad Bradshaw was taken right before that pick.

My goal was to maximize value for each pick. I wanted to have 1 elite RB and 1 elite WR after the first two rounds and then go RB, RB, in rounds 3 and 4 to pick up someone like LaGarret Blount, Felix Jones, Mark Ingram or Matt Forte, but there was a run on RBs and VJax fell to me. So I drafted him and was able to pick up Felix Jones in the fourth, which actually worked out perfect.

As for QBs, I didn't draft Stafford until the 8th round at pick 87 and I got Bradford in the 10th round at pick 111.

I think I was extremely lucky to get DMC, VJax, and hell even Andre Johnson where I did. I would prefer my flex to be a RB play, but Brandon Lloyd was the best fantasy WR last season and I got him in the 6th round. I think he is being way overlooked. In the third round I was 4 picks away from getting Hakeem Nicks. That would have been a robbery. Needless to say, I can't wait for the season to start.

Nice work altogether. I'm hoping to duplicate something similar come tomorrow. Passing TD are only worth 4 points in my 14 team league. So the idea of maximizing value early is beyond critical.

Originally Posted by AG 47

You got my first two picks right. I took Andre in the first round (10 overall) and got McFadden in the second at 15, then on the next pass I went with Vincent Jackson in the third (34th), and got Felix Jones in the fourth round (39). I actually got Finley in the 5th round (58). Ahmad Bradshaw was taken right before that pick.

Nice work altogether. I'm hoping to duplicate something similar come tomorrow. Passing TD are only worth 4 points in my 14 team league. So the idea of maximizing value early is beyond critical.

why do i think we're in the same league
nerd.gif
berkeley?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Darren McFadden is going to go ham this season.
pimp.gif
Have grabbed him or Felix in all my leagues. Michael Bush gonna take away carries though. Watched their game tonight, he has skills

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Darren McFadden is going to go ham this season.
pimp.gif
Have grabbed him or Felix in all my leagues. Michael Bush gonna take away carries though. Watched their game tonight, he has skills

I predict an injury for some reason that would limit his carries and night even make him miss a number of games. He's a beast tho.

Back
Top Bottom