the Official Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao thread March 13 2010

Originally Posted by bballah3

Manny as well as Flyod understands how it works. The SPORT needs it more than either of these two do.
it took 12 pages for someone to say the right thing

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by TCERDA

laugh.gif
We're talking about the greatest of all time here and the biggest risk is Chico and JLC???
laugh.gif
Boy Stop! Quit Playin!
Umm....yes. You must have just started watching boxing or have bad memory.

Both PBF and Chico were undefeated when the matched up (and the bout was at 130, why are some of you guys bringing up 135/140?!). And most analysts were picking Chico....or at the very least give Pretty Boy problems. Go watch that fight....HE BLEW HIM OUT THE WATER.

Both, PBF and Pac will enter the HOF. PBF needs this fight if he wants to be cemented as the greatest of his era.

No! Chico is 6 feet tall and had been draining himself to fight at 130. No man 6 ft tall should be fighting at 130. But ok. He did blow him out the water. Thatis true

Manny as well as Flyod understands how it works. The SPORT needs it more than either of these two do.

Its a fight that puts legacys on the line...it puts the title of "best pound for pound fighter EVER" above the center of the ring and tells these two to go for it.

Besides, both these men would see over 100 million from this fight....Tell me you arent stepping into the ring.

naw pac would see about 30 floyd about 40....the richard shaeffer and bob arum get PAID

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by ShoeComplex

Originally Posted by ChipsetJed

marionthebarberian wrote:

all i know is pac is SCARED of my dude JMM.

yes i said it, let me hear it fanboys.

Yes, he's scared of someone he fought in 2004 and again in 2008.
1-0-1 in favor of Pac.

but we all know what the results actually were.
Maybe but come on man, is he supposed to just keep fighting him until he gets a win?

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

laugh.gif
We're talking about the greatest of all time here and the biggest risk is Chico and JLC???
laugh.gif
Boy Stop! Quit Playin!
Umm....yes. You must have just started watching boxing or have bad memory.

Both PBF and Chico were undefeated when the matched up (and the bout was at 130, why are some of you guys bringing up 135/140?!). And most analysts were picking Chico....or at the very least give Pretty Boy problems. Go watch that fight....HE BLEW HIM OUT THE WATER.

Both, PBF and Pac will enter the HOF. PBF needs this fight if he wants to be cemented as the greatest of his era.

No! Chico is 6 feet tall and had been draining himself to fight at 130. No man 6 ft tall should be fighting at 130. But ok. He did blow him out the water. That is true
He always fought around 130
laugh.gif
. This thread is comedy though. I don't even dislike Manny, but you fanboys are ridiculous.

Originally Posted by EdWord

Its a fight that puts legacys on the line...it puts the title of "best pound for pound fighter EVER" above the center of the ring and tells these two to go for it.

Besides, both these men would see over 100 million from this fight....Tell me you arent stepping into the ring.

naw pac would see about 30 floyd about 40....the richard shaeffer and bob arum get PAID

naaaaaah, i see them making more. do you know how many PPV buys theyre gonna have??
eek.gif

but the main ones making money are goin to be the promoters. Money May seems like a business man too, so he's gonna make sure he gets his good cut. Pacseems like he just lets his people handle everything and he just fights....but that can be a set up for somebody to be jacking him ala Don King x Mike Tyson
btw....how much was made from the last DLH-PBF fight? there was a lot of hype for that one, but i see the hype for this fight going thru the roof!!

Its a fight that puts legacys on the line...it puts the title of "best pound for pound fighter EVER" above the center of the ring and tells these two
to go for it.

Neither of these guys are anywhere near the GOAT.

Manny's win against Cotto solidified his legacy (but it can always increase), Floyd's legacy can still be shaped (both good and bad).

It can go either way if they fight. IF PBF wins then it will be in decision and with cleaner punches. we know that he cant knock out pacquiao from noticingpacquiaos chin in cottos fight. if cotto landed those punches on another fight i garentee he wouldve been dazed. IF pacquiao wins he will knock him out or justbeing more active in the fight just because freddie roach isnt stupid and he has a gameplan of hitting maweathers shoulder since thats the only thing he offerswen he blocks

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

I just listened to this interview on my homies facebook, Floyd was maaaad
eek.gif
laugh.gif

He changed the subject QUICK when those dudes brought up Paul Williams
laugh.gif

wow thats some realtalk that floyd needs to hear....
roll.gif
"Philippinesgot the best enhancement roid!"....(yes they call it "kamote")
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Ok, I follow MMA more closely but I want an opinion from a non fanboy.

Does Floyd need this fight and is he right in what he says?

Floyd needs this fight. This is the only fight people really wanna see and needs a career defining win. He doesn't have anything close to that.

And I agree with whoever said the money changed Floyd. The FloydI remember at 140 and under was just absolutely disgusting both defensive and offensivly.

Originally Posted by BmxJaysAllDay

It can go either way if they fight. IF PBF wins then it will be in decision and with cleaner punches. we know that he cant knock out pacquiao from noticing pacquiaos chin in cottos fight. if cotto landed those punches on another fight i garentee he wouldve been dazed. IF pacquiao wins he will knock him out or just being more active in the fight just because freddie roach isnt stupid and he has a gameplan of hitting maweathers shoulder since thats the only thing he offers wen he blocks
im sorry, let me clarify... are you saying that manny can knock out floyd, but floyd cant knock out manny?

roll.gif

im a fan of BOTH fighters, and i want to stay out of all arguments/debates in this thread, because i know how the fanboys will get, especially the new pacmanfans (who probably have only seen his last 2 fights). BUT, i definitely think that PBF would knock manny the hell out.

but then again, I also thin pacman can take pretty boy.

this is just a match i want to see, but If i were to put money down, it would be for the mayweather camp.

he wont go for a knockout just because he wont risk getting knocked out. mayweathers not the type not make a person suffer he will just break them down hittingthe by one or 2 hits the back out agen

116tjwn.jpg

Don't care for the back and forth.

Gonna chop it up with my boxing heads once the fight date actually approaches.
This is going to be the sports moment of my lifetime.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Floyd has a good chance of winning this fight due to his style but I'm rooting for the pacman

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

It is not worthy to be called boxing to watch Mayweather stay crouched the whole bout or run around the ring the whole bout. That's not boxing, that's a $@$%% that's scared to box
Son, this is why people say that other people (you) don't know @%!! about boxing.

QFT...It's called the "Sweet Science" for a reason, why it gets compared to Chess. If you want to go watch some guys who aren't good atanything kick the crap out of each other watch UFC.

$82M seen from Pacquiao-Cotto pay-per-view

By Francis T.J. Ochoa
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 03:32:00 11/17/2009

LOS ANGELES-Do the math, start counting.

Manny Pacquiao is expecting yet another cash windfall after successfully making history following his 12th round technical knockout of Miguel Cotto at the MGM Grand's Garden Arena that looked more like a demolition job.

Pacquiao earned close to $13 million from his lion's share of the purse and is expected to make much more from his fat slice of the pay-per-view (PPV ) pie.

Experts are saying that the Pacquiao-Cotto bout could generate at least 1.5 million PPV buys, leading to a gross of $82,425,000, after taxes.

Pacquiao is again expected to get a huge share of that pie through his own promotional outfit, MP Promotions.

"The signs are good. We really won't know until we get the preliminary results on pay-per-view sales on Wednesday," said Top Rank chief Bob Arum, who promoted the fight dubbed "Firepower".

Initial reports, however, indicated that the PPV hits for the Pacquiao-Cotto bout could exceed the 1 million buys reeled in by the fight that saw Floyd Mayweather Jr. outclass Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

"From every sign that we see, we know our goal of garnering more than one million pay-per-view buys is well within sight," Mark Taffet, a vice president for HBO Sports, which beamed the fight on PPV, said earlier.

That could mean that Firepower will profit more since it was sold to homes on a higher price.

Mayweather-Marquez PPVs were sold at $49.95 each, while the Pacquiao-Cotto PPVs were sold for $54.95 each.

Huge demand

And despite the higher price, there was a big demand for an uninterrupted showing of the Pacquiao-Cotto bout.

"We've never had this experience with so many people ordering a fight," a local New Jersey cable operator was quoted by Fighthype.com as saying hours before the clash. "This must be a big, big fight."

Several cable operators were forced to turn away customers because they could not keep up with the demand, the report added. And these customers even filed complaints.

"We're sorry," the New Jersey provider told customers. "We are just so overwhelmed with people trying to order this fight. So many people are trying to order it from their remote controls that it locked up the computer. It was processing so many orders, the computer was overwhelmed."

Huge fan base

Aside from the profit it generates for the pound-for-pound champion, the PPV hits will play a crucial part in negotiations for next year's highly anticipated superfight: Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

Richard Schaefer, whose Golden Boy Promotions partnered with Mayweather's outfit for the Marquez bout, said Pacquiao-Cotto would have to exceed the PPV hits of Maywather-Marquez to prove that the Filipino could get at least half of the share of the purse.
Mayweather's camp is asking for a 65-35 share in profits, something that Team Pacquiao is not amenable to, especially since the new welterweight champion is on a meteoric rise to stardom and commands a huge PPV-buying fan base.

Biggest pay day

Aside from the 16,200 fans that bought tickets to the Garden Arena for the Cotto fight, close to 18,000 also purchased closed-circuit TV seats to watch Pacquiao as he demolished the Puerto Rican after a slow start.

Cotto earned over $6 million for the fight, his biggest payday by far, and is expected to also get his own share of the PPV income.

roll.gif
Is Floyd trying to price himself out, cmon man we need thisfight
devil.gif

Originally Posted by SnkrbyNature

man, Zab Judah beat mayweather, i cant belive that was a unanimous decision,

Zab judah never low blow and would've never got choke by mayweatehrs dad, zab judah would've won.

i love zab , my fave boxer , but this.......is ridicolous ....he hit mayweather with a low blow out of frustration....i'd go as far as to say he wouldaknocked him out the way that round was going

Floyd wanting 65-35 = I don't want to fight Pacquiao because I will get my $*@ whooped.

Back
Top Bottom