THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

This thread gets no love anymore.

An unexpected win is always welcomed.

Got lucky though. I find it hard to praise JT3 considering he was forced to give Bowen and DSR minutes. Same issues are still there, turnovers, not able to get decent looks out of the offense or out of timeouts. The team just played better on defense this time around.

We need to find a way to have Starks play aggressively more often, maybe we tell him each game is at MSG.

Glad fans didn't rush the court.

Most importantly, please don't put this team back in the top 25.

Since this is NT, pics of the Coaches vs Cancer shoes:

Last edited:
I'm shocked they won the last 2.

Very nice to see Bowen finally get some PT and make a play. It'd be nice if we got see a kid stick with the program and have it pay off down the road more often.

Have no complaints about DSR, even if he shot 1-10..not a liability on defense and he's probably the most confident kid this team has had in a while. He's going to let it fly and something can be said for that - even if I'll hate it at times.

Mikael is a disaster. I'm just hoping forcing him minutes makes him better in the long-run. But I'm not sure why Moses can't steal more of his minutes. If Josh Smith is ANY type of shape next season, he'll be starting.

Otto's playing like a Big East POY lately. And he can't be any less than that.

Nate and Markel both came back this year much, much improved. I think they've been solid all year.

Jabril is Jabril. I'm sure he's developing a rep around the Big East as an antagonist, but I'm glad he's on our side.

This week is as big of a test as the last one, teams of the past definitely drop one of these at home.

Dion Wiley, Phil Booth, Tariq Owens and Justin Jennifer attended the game. I'd be happy with any of them.

^ lucky. I miss watching these guys live, even though they gave me one too many heart attacks.

Lubick had a tough sophomore year. Sims really wasn't much of a contributor until his junior year. I got faith in Hopkins.

Allen- I think I know the answer, but what is Adams' status? Any word on Whittington's return?

Adams has to have a medical hardship waiver by now. Only way Smith would be able to be on scholarship this spring. So, from my understanding his playing days at Georgetown are done - he COULD transfer somewhere and be cleared to play. Georgetown just doesn't feel comfortable taking that risk.

Last edited:
had courtside seats for last year's debacle at the prudential center against seton hall. extremely frustrating to watch. i want to see them destroyed tonight.

Nothing corny about it. Last time in the dome as conference rivals...feels good to close it out like that

god, that was as crazy as it gets. extremely frustrating to watch, honestly didn't think we were gonna win it out, being down 7 in the 2nd overtime with all the momentum against us and all our blunders. thanks to the dsr three, a couple good defensive plays and the catlike agility of porter to get that layup in, we made it 10 straight.

IN OTTO WE TRUST.

This team needed a game like this. Good scoring guards, rangey 4 man..ball isn't bouncing your way. Type of stuff you see in March. Gotta find a way.

Agreed. Easy to give up a letdown game after such a big win and jumping up in the rankings like previous Hoya squads have done. Had to scrap to win it in hostile territory and all momentum against them. Keep it rolling.

Is it too early to say that Otto is the best player G'Town has had under III's reign?

The only player that comes close IMO is Jeff.

It's getting pretty close. I'd say Otto is playing at a higher level than Jeff. Not close to having as good of a supporting cast, although Jeff did face tougher competition.

Back
Top Bottom