THE OFFICIAL GEORGETOWN BASKETBALL SEASON THREAD

Visitors for Syracuse game:

Theo Pinson, Harry Giles, Dwayne Morgan and Isaac Copeland and probably some more locals as well.

I guess if we were going to lose one now, that was the preferred one. But didn't like how it went, just careless and soft.

let's get it done today. bummed that this epic rivalry is coming to an end. it's rivalries like this that make our blood boil as fans, that make us realize how much we care about our team. bummed as hell i'm not out at the Verizon Center right now. hopefully we have one more run-in with Cuse in the BE tourney. let's close it out right. win today, get a piece of the regular season title and head strong into MSG next week.

Last edited:

so one more time against cuse tomorrow. would have rather played pitt. not easy to beat a team 3 times in one season, but let's get it done.

Outside chance of going tomorrow night. If we make it to the title game, very strong chance I'll go. Although we're 0-2 in title games when I've gone ('08 vs Pitt, '10 vs WVU) so maybe I shouldn't haha.

not even gonna trash the officiating...bad both ways.

this is what happens when you cant hit FTs and settle for 3's way too many times. should not have lost that game the way cuse played in the 2nd half.

and yeah...i dunno why we even bother with the timeouts at the end of games

Last edited:
I fully expect a beatdown on FGC. Nothing less.

That loss to Cuse in the BE tourney was a tough one to stomach. Horrible officiating, horrible FT percentage, Cuse played a terrible game and handed it to us with their mistakes, but we didn't take advantage. At least they gave up a 16 pt lead to L'ville and got crushed. Hopefully, the team worked on their free throws since then.

Win today, win Sunday, and keep it moving.

DISGUSTING! Idk why I get my hopes up with this ******g team come tourney time. Year in & out they prove to me they aint ****.

*fresh prince voice* TO HELL WITH THEM

In all honesty...we probably shouldn't be surprised at the outcome.

Same **** year in and year out under III's regime.

Mannnn, had y'all to win this damn thing in my bracket :lol: :smh:

Love your guys' squad though, didn't even look like the same team until the end where they were like "oh **** we're really about to lose" and started to play with some desperation.

Good luck to you guys next year.

Hurts this year as a Hoya fan. J3 is known for this. Can't run the back door with those caliber players, this isn't the ivy league. He has to adjust his playbook and style or he needs to go. Go pay shocka. Too many years in a row this has happened.

Hurts this year as a Hoya fan. J3 is known for this. Can't run the back door with those caliber players, this isn't the ivy league. He has to adjust his playbook and style or he needs to go. Go pay shocka. Too many years in a row this has happened.

That's a good point to bring up. Why not pay Shaka?

Although I've been calling for JT3s firing for several years now its mostly been in jest. Sure I'm proud of what JT3 has accomplished in the regular season, but at the end of the day one and dones in the tourney are simply not acceptable...at least imo. We're not an elite program, we're not going to the sweet 16 every year but getting bounced out by double digit seeds every year is not ok.

My biggest gripe with JT3 is the lack of developing a bench. This is a constant issue and becomes a bigger issue in the tourney. Lets be honest, would DSR have received so much playing time had Whitt not gone out? The answer is no.

The offense is stagnant and when the defense doesn't show up we're at a complete loss. I love the emphasis on defense, but lets not forget that some days we're just going to need to score.

So many things that are wrong, and not one right answer. As proud as I am to be a Hoya, i think fans need to stop making excuses for JT3 and expect more than 1 tourney win in 5 years.

As a friend of mine put it, JT3 doesn't have to worry about his job until JT2 is 6 feet under. That type of job security is not something I'm willing to accept.

Back
Top Bottom