The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

Quote:
1 question. can i trade my old ipod for store credit for the new one?

When you trade it in they only give you 10% off toward purchasing a new ipod. I think i remember them saying that you can add an educational discount on top of that. I really don't think its a good idea and that you are better off selling it here on NT, ebay, or to a friend.

Can Sum1 Help Me Out please.....i took out my ipod nano dis afternoon after school and wen i took it off hold The Screen Was All White...The music still played tho...so i tried restartin it but i still get the same thing...now i dont know wut 2 do and i dont know wuts wrong with it...can sum1 help me out wit dis??? thanks.

Here are sum pics of wut it looks like...

Jan19_002.jpg

Jan19_003.jpg

Jan20_001.jpg

hey ive gotta pretty stupid question

just got a 30gb video ... after im done imporrting my songs and i click the eject button ... the ipod keeps flashing 'do not disconnect' ... is it ok to pull it out now or not??
[/center]

Quote:
Can Sum1 Help Me Out please.....i took out my ipod nano dis afternoon after school and wen i took it off hold The Screen Was All White...The music still played tho...so i tried restartin it but i still get the same thing...now i dont know wut 2 do and i dont know wuts wrong with it...can sum1 help me out wit dis??? thanks.

try pluggin it in to ur computer

I just opened my Nano up...Popped in the setup CD, Then plugged in the USB, And it showed a language screen...

Now it's stuck on the language screen...

What do I do?
i39ycn.jpg
CHICAGORILLA
i39ycn.jpg

....I never thought this would happen to me, but my entire ENTIREEEEEEEE computer crashed. In case of something like this though I copied all of my major documents/vids/music etc. onto my ipod in a seperate file. I just moved the file back onto my recently rebooted computer and I now have to re-install itunes. Now can I take the music from my ipod and put it on itunes? Or am I going to have to reformat all the music into itunes again?

Thanks

MIke

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

How do I take an album on my ipod and put it on a cd?! Please help!
I got a black card, grey card, gas card, green card...
back yard - theme park, front yard - car show,
I'm somewhere in the house and that's like "Where's Waldo?"
-Weezy F. Ya heard?

I BE THAT DUDE

Quote:
....I never thought this would happen to me, but my entire ENTIREEEEEEEE computer crashed. In case of something like this though I copied all of my major documents/vids/music etc. onto my ipod in a seperate file. I just moved the file back onto my recently rebooted computer and I now have to re-install itunes. Now can I take the music from my ipod and put it on itunes? Or am I going to have to reformat all the music into itunes again?

find a program called ipod agent.. download that and transfer everything back to your computer.. hope that helps..

impalaballa187,

if you already have your music in a seperate folder on your ipod then you could just add them to the itunes library again..could take some time but it is foolproof
~and you're welcome

sorry if this has already been asked but is there any way to get music on my ipod without using itunes? my ipod doesnt connect to itunes for some reason but it will connect to my computer so i dont know what to do. can i add music using windows media player or realplayer?? can someone help me??
I'm Native, if that matters.
also check me out on myspace!!
myspace.com/shoesjh

DOnt know if this has been posted already but for those who updated to version 1.1, u dont have restore to factory settings, u can down grade it back to 1.1

Taken from Digg.com

Here's how to "downgrade" the firmware back to one that actually works.

For PC user...

As posted by imdaShiy/ i modified it....

There's another way to downgrade the iPod firmware and reinstall version 1.0 without formatting or losing the music/files on your iPod. (I believe this DOES NOT work for Mac users, sorry)

1. Download iPodWizard here:
sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153441
(download the release, top link of the two)

2. Extract the files, and launch the program.

3. Put in your Original CD,
On The iPodWizard, Click Open Updater..
point to the CD, Program Files/ iPod/ updater exe

4. Click Load on the iPodWizard

5. Click on DownGrade Firmware

6. Exit the Wizard

7. Open the iPodupdater directly from CD/ Program Files/ iPod/ Updater.exe
it will said ur iPod is OutDated 1.1

Click Update... instead of Restore....

and u will be back to 1.0

P.S. They fail to mention this but when u have the ipod wizard open, b4 u do step 5 make sure u select the proper firmware from the firmware drop down list or else nothing will happen.

Hope it helps yall, It worked for me. I updated my 60gig and had the videos freezing after couple secs of play and then continue playin without sound.

DONT UPGRADE TO 1.1 IF U ARE USING ANY VIDEO CONVERSION BUT QUICKTIME AND HAVE A 60 GIG!!!!!!!!

Ok... before hand I would just like to apologize if this has been posted...

The problem - I recently had to reboot my computer so everything on the HD was wiped clean. Anyways, I tried re-installing iTunes but the computer won't let me. Everytime it starts installing, an error message pop-ups saying "Retry network location" or something out of that sort. It's been 4 - 5 days and it's still the same each time I try.

Anyone have any solutions to the problem? I'm dying to use my iPod again...

Also, I tried downloading iTunes off of apple.com but when I try installing, the installation just stalls and doesn't do anything.

Any help would be apprecited. There's nothing wrong with the iPod, but iTunes won't install...

[/center]

^^very very snug, if at all.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

Anyone else thinks it's really messed up that the 5G ipods doesnt come with a seperate AC power adaptor. Do they expect people to travel everywhere with a computer?

I think it's total BS that I have to spend an extra $50 just to charge it during long road trips.

Back
Top Bottom