**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

most important thing to look for in a diamond is the cut quality.
if you want it to dance in the dark.

color and clarity comes after that.

cut-grade.jpg

most important thing to look for in a diamond is the cut quality.
if you want it to dance in the dark.

color and clarity comes after that.

cut-grade.jpg

what does fat joe's vlad interview set up look like? points/weight, color, clarity, cut, all that.. n how much would u say it run for

Thinking of getting a shorter yellow gold Cuban to wear under my t-shirts. What's a good width that isn't OD big but also isn't too dainty? I don't have the luxury of handling any in person so I'm kinda flying blind here.

Thinking of getting a shorter yellow gold Cuban to wear under my t-shirts. What's a good width that isn't OD big but also isn't too dainty? I don't have the luxury of handling any in person so I'm kinda flying blind here.
It depends on your dimensions and it is subjective. Best alternative I can think of is to go to a middle of the mall kiosk and try some on.

It depends on your dimensions and it is subjective. Best alternative I can think of is to go to a middle of the mall kiosk and try some on.

another alternative is to order a few of the gold plated/stainless steel miami cubans off of Amazon and just return them once you figure out what you want.

I'd say a good starting width is around 6-7 mm. It'll look nice tucked in underneath your shirt and you can still see the cuban design.

another alternative is to order a few of the gold plated/stainless steel miami cubans off of Amazon and just return them once you figure out what you want.

Good idea. Just did that.

Another question: Is Rey's still the de-facto place to have a Cuban made?

Good idea. Just did that.

Another question: Is Rey's still the de-facto place to have a Cuban made?

I wouldn’t go with anything smaller than 7mm in hindsight. I went with Rey’s to get mine done. Someone here got a hole in their chain but i bit the bullet and went with them due to the price they gave me. Norma was a pleasure to deal with and she sent me pics and vids of the whole process. Would def buy from them in the future.

I went with icebox full size, diamond eyes and that was the same thing Will told me, he couldn’t give me an exact weight, but can give an estimate. When working with Reys gold they also gave an estimate rather than misspeaking with an exact number, I don’t think it’s shady at all and both outcomes were amazing.

can you tell me the stats on the chain again please?

the reason IF & CO won't give you the gram weight is probably because if you do the math, you'll see how ridiculously overpriced it is. More than likely you're paying a wild amount for the "labor" (brand name) and the knowledgeable jewelry purchaser will be able to see the jux.

this thread has come along way.

don't buy diamonds from this guy
if you do make sure to have whatever you buy checked by a real jewelry store
not from a booth at the jamaica colosseum mall

most of the jewlers in the jamaica colosseum mall are selling under karat gold and have been doing so for years

this article is from 2001 http://www.qchron.com/editions/east...cle_57b8100c-88df-5bbf-ac0a-ef70892286e0.html

these jewelers at the colosseum have been getting over on people for years

once jewelers have a bad rep all they do is change the name and have different family members move into the same location

marchello the jeweler has other family members selling at different booth around him

Last edited:
don't buy diamonds from this guy
if you do make sure to have whatever you buy checked by a real jewelry store
not from a booth at the jamaica colosseum mall

most of the jewlers in the jamaica colosseum mall are selling under karat gold and have been doing so for years

this article is from 2001 http://www.qchron.com/editions/east...cle_57b8100c-88df-5bbf-ac0a-ef70892286e0.html

these jewelers at the colosseum have been getting over on people for years

once jewelers have a bad rep all they do is change the name and have different family members move into the same location

marchello the jeweler has other family members selling at different booth around him

Thanks dude. I knew something was off by his prices. I tried doing some research but could never anything too concrete.

Thanks dude. I knew something was off by his prices. I tried doing some research but could never anything too concrete.
Never trust a jeweler especially if it's prices are too cheap and if you're going to buy diamonds you have to buy it in a quality store not a booth in the mall I don't care what anybody says
On gold if you know what your looking for you might be able to get a good deal of $5 to $8 above the current spot price at one of these crappy swap meet type places

but diamonds that's a totally different story

If the price per gram was a lot cheaper for 10 14-karat I might even buy some of this crappy gold myself but not at the current price
Me personally I rather pay the premium and buy 24K or platinum then shop at a place like this or even consider buying 10 or 14 k unless I got an excellent deal but that's just me

Btw that old article doesn't mention marchello the jeweler at all but the Jeweler surrounding him in the bottom of the Colosseum are or all connected one way or another so buying from anyone in that place is very questionable

Last edited:
isn't the colosseum in kind of a lousy neighborhood anyways?
It's not the best but that's not a reason to take advantage of people

Bottom line don't buy from these Jewelers unless you really know what you're buying and don't buy any type of diamonds at all

When it comes to jewelry I don't like to see people being taken advantage of and buying at unscrupulous places like the Coliseum
it's best to just stack your money and buy jewelry from a place that's trustworthy but to be quite honest with you even a jeweler that's trustworthy is not a hundred percent to be trusted if that makes any sense

Jewelers legit or not will rob you blind and hope you have no knowledge about what you're buying
Show the Jeweler that you have knowledge and that you're not going to be taken advantage of

You will see how quick either good or bad the attitude changes of the Jeweler you're dealing with

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom