**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Wow that bracelet is straight dope, the whole set up is nice, very classy... ya I think I'll be getting my Cuban from Daniels, Think I'm settling on a 12mm 30".  I think 14mm may get too big for everyday wear I'm 5'9" I thought about a 28" length but I just can't do it lol

im 6'1 and the 7mm is like decent size for every day, i think 12mm would be a little too big for your build.

Why are concave curbs so hard to find? Flat curbs seem more common

I dont think ive ever seen a white gold concave curb on any website, for example

Rey said anything smaller than 5.5mm a comcave curb is preferable. Ive never seen cuban smaller than 5.5mm, do they not sit right?
They are harder to find. Here are some in yellow gold. http://www.jewelrycircle.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.browse&c_category_id=51

They're harder to come by because they're making everything lighter nowadays and that's why you see mostly those light flatter ones.

It seems like unplated vintage silver usually has a nice patina thats grey/black (not tarnish, the color of the silver)

Newer silver ive seen often looks yellowish and cheap

Does anybody know anything about this? Sterling is 95% so i guess its the other 5% messing up the alloy
Sterling silver is 92.5% pure silver, and 7.5% copper and or other metals (traditionally just copper).  New .925 silver shouldn't look yellow but there is somewhat of a very light golden halo to the shine in the right lighting due to the copper.  If you want an even brighter silver there is a new alloy called Argentium that is 93.5% silver, 5.5% copper and 1% germanium.  Argentium silver has a whiter look closer to pure silver and resists tarnishing much better.  Personally I like my silver white and bright and don't like the gray vintage look... I like the rhodium plating look as well, but to each their own.

Last edited:
Im good on mossanites and lab diamonds.  The point is you want it to look like a diamond right?  If your trying to make it seem like its something its not then its fake.  

Picked up the SD for my bday back in October in Cannes... Stopped at airport, Yuck.

I thought jay gave it to him personally

I guess rafaell&co remade a fleet of them

Last edited:
Lol if he wanna rock moss let him ... Not like he lying about it
True but its wack as hell to have a $20k diamond jesus, a $10k brolic cuban....and rock earrings that are meant to mimic the diamonds in the jesus but they really arent.  Do it all the way or dont do it at all.  

I would feel rediculous rocking a OG Jacob with some fake *** earings.  

I'ma take a good guess and state that it was in fact @Frank Mucus
but I maybe wrong

No offense, but Thats like asking who nicknamed air force I's uptowns b.

[/IMG]

Eff it, lets take da credit lol.

lol NT did coin the first Jacob as the kufi

http://niketalk.com/t/14266/official-jewelry-thread-56k/3270#post_1074387

No where else on the internet before that post where anyone mentions the Jacob Jesus piece as the kufi Jesus piece

That's me before I got banned.

Gotta give credit where it's due. Put some respek on my name.

Lol if he wanna rock moss let him ... Not like he lying about it

True but its wack as hell to have a $20k diamond jesus, a $10k brolic cuban....and rock earrings that are meant to mimic the diamonds in the jesus but they really arent.  Do it all the way or dont do it at all.  

I would feel rediculous rocking a OG Jacob with some fake *** earings.  

With ur logic you must think sapphires fake too :lol:

At da end of da day, diamonds have NO resell value, why em i gonna come outta pocket for a pair of diamonds studs which wont be worth da recipe they're written on?

And from a scientific performance level, they're superior, and if i wanna sell them, im getting roughly da same i invested in them.

Metal is where u pay every cent on, cuz its worth it to do it.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with REAL lab diamonds either.

ninjahood ninjahood even mentioned gemesis diamonds in a volume several years ago. They also sell it at Macy's. It's a real diamond created in a lab. It's an expensive process so it still costs $$$$.

A lot of these "jewelry" peddlers selling their "lab" diamonds aren't real lab diamonds at all, but just cubics, glass, or plastic.

There's nothing wrong with REAL lab diamonds either.

ninjahood ninjahood even mentioned gemesis diamonds in a volume several years ago. They also sell it at Macy's. It's a real diamond created in a lab. It's an expensive process so it still costs $$$$.

A lot of these "jewelry" peddlers selling their "lab" diamonds aren't real lab diamonds at all, but just cubics, glass, or plastic.

Yeah, its all personal preference at da end of da day.

If i wanted some yellow studs i wouldn't trust my $ wit these cats dying cheap diamonds on da streets & go strictly wit gemesis. (They changed their name recently)

With ur logic you must think sapphires fake too
laugh.gif

At da end of da day, diamonds have NO resell value, why em i gonna come outta pocket for a pair of diamonds studs which wont be worth da recipe they're written on?

And from a scientific performance level, they're superior, and if i wanna sell them, im getting roughly da same i invested in them.

oh ok.  Like i said.  Having a 20k piece and a $10k chain with some earrings meant to look like diamonds is wack.  Lab diamonds and mossanite are the same thing.  Both are created in a lab to look like real diamonds.  

Are you not aware that "lab stones" recreate what happens naturally on earth to make indistinguishable from **** u find buried?

Lab diamonds and mined diamonds are atomically identical.

Moissanite is its own stone, da way a ruby is, or a sapphire, or a emerald.

What is "meant to look like diamonds" anyways? Its extremely subjective. Every single stone on earth has a brilliant cut iteration.

Last edited:
With ur logic you must think sapphires fake too
laugh.gif

I agree with this, just cause a stone is clear and sparkly does not mean it's trying to be a diamond, diamonds don't hold a copyright on being sparkly and clear.  There are diamonds, lab made diamonds, moissanite, zircon, cubic zirconia, white sapphire, white topaz, herkimer diamond, quartz and crystal, all of these stones look sparkly and clear some are man made some are naturally occuring.  Moissanite does out perform diamonds on many levels except hardness.  When AAAAA CZ's look better than most peoples real diamonds what really is the point..  I think the point is to be sparkly and clear.  Another ridiculous aspect of diamonds is that the more pure, clear, and without inclusions a stone is, the higher its value yet due to lab made diamonds which are atomically identical to natural diamonds (note lab made diamonds arent CZ's they are real diamonds made of carbon by man) they protect the value of a real diamond by laser inscribing a serial on the girdle of the stone technically defacing it's pureness...  Some lab made diamonds are purposefully made with inclusions so they can be passed off as real.  Lab made diamonds will pass a lot of diamond testers too, you need a fluorescence tester to find a lab made stone, so there is a chance that many guys are rocking bust down Cubans with lab made diamonds in them.  The highest quality of lab made diamonds are type IIa which are so pure lacking any impurities such as nitrogen, less than 2% of naturally made diamonds can match their purity.  All that being said, what's so special about diamonds other than the price cause they aren't all that rare, and as far as looks go Moissanite is flashier... but if you still want a diamond, a lab made one can save you some money look up Gemesis. Diamonds are all marketing

TLDR diamonds are kinda meh...

Yeah Khaled's is Jay's piece. Rafaello just made the Holy Trinity(yellow, rose and white) for Pecas over at RocNation

I also see Rafaello's also learned not to make them without the OG's blessing. Word to the Choke No Joke video of the 2000s when Dame walked in there ready to knock heads off for unauthorized pieces being made

Last edited:

Yeah Khaled's is Jay's piece. Rafaello just made the Holy Trinity(yellow, rose and white) for Pecas over at RocNation

I also see Rafaello's also learned not to make them without the OG's blessing. Word to the Choke No Joke video of the 2000s when Dame walked in there ready to knock heads off for unauthorized pieces being made

Jay-z's last personal ROC chain that he gave away was J.Cole's chain.

rappers-j-cole-and-jay-z-perform-in-concert-at-madison-square-garden-picture-id465708695

Video implies differently, but we will never really know at the end of the day how many the man really has/had

Video implies differently, but we will never really know at the end of the day how many the man really has/had

Well he did say that ROC piece isn't from da OG run, he must've had that joint done along with others and kept it for himself.

But da J. Cole ROC piece is definitely a OG piece, you can tell by da proportions.

tumblr_n0lkp0jNir1qclsa6o1_500.png

producer-dj-khaled-poses-for-a-photo-with-rapper-jay-z-before-the-los-picture-id513200004

Da last roc chain i seen hov rock has always been all yellow.

jay-z-picasso-baby-yellow-gold-cuban-link-roc-a-fella-chain.jpg

But even this one doesn't have da huge bails da OG Jacob made ones had..

be64cbf155a9514

f268394fc260e62

Dame was da one wit da OG all yellow set up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom