**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

This is KB piece is nice but fakejewelerbuster would definitely have issues with that '$20 snatch my chain' jump ring
I think they actually have a point when they bring that up, I never noticed it until I had a piece with a substantial loop thing
jesseJames.jpg
jesseJamesPenny.jpg
jesseJamespenny2.jpg

now the actual bail on this piece seems somewhat thin but in the end it all works out OK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Interested in picking up a simple yellow gold Franco, 20-22’ and 14k. I saw one I really liked in Macy’s but it was 24’....would y’all cop from Macy’s if the price is right? And if not, can you suggest some spots in queens or the city I can look into?

Interested in picking up a simple yellow gold Franco, 20-22’ and 14k. I saw one I really liked in Macy’s but it was 24’....would y’all cop from Macy’s if the price is right? And if not, can you suggest some spots in queens or the city I can look into?

Buy a cheap pocket scale for 10 bucks . The gram weight is important . Macy's usually doesn't come close to giving you your money's worth even when there's a sale.

Did you try on a 20-22 inch chain before ? There's nothing wrong with 24

Last edited:

Macys ? You live 30 mins away form the biggest jewelry district in the world. F Macys. Go to 47st in Manhattan and tell them the chain you want in 14k. Pay $35 - $40\gram max and don't buy hollow. Pay cash but make them weigh it first.

I never gave it serious thought until recently, but I had a feeling Macy’s wasn’t the move. If y’all have any recommendations lmk, I’ll check them out when I have a few days off

It’s crazy to shop in the Diamond District NYC and realize that 90%+ of the chains are either 14K or lower. If you are talking about outside of the District, be it online or elsewhere that number is even higher.

Compare that with Thailand or Hong Kong and they would laugh at some one saying their 18K chain (let alone 14K chain) was “gold”. I can kind of see their line of thinking too. Especially when you realize your 14K chain is only 58% gold.

Just an interesting observation I’ve made throughout my travels.

I kind of like this one but the thorns look better on the model
pendant-jesus-face-3d-model-3dm.jpg

double or triple the size (it's only 38mm tall) and put a halo around it and it'd be a tough piece
I had a post way back when I argued that tito and jacob JPs are ugly as ?&$% and how some of the other JPs would be super hard blown up...

da jacob & tito are fire because of their dimensions...da a symetrical neck cut low-key da secret weapon.

Macys ? You live 30 mins away form the biggest jewelry district in the world. F Macys. Go to 47st in Manhattan and tell them the chain you want in 14k. Pay $35 - $40\gram max and don't buy hollow. Pay cash but make them weigh it first.

Pay $35.00-to $40.00 for 14 K ?
for that price buy platinum or spend $5.00 to $10.00 a gram and more & buy 24k in chinatown

if your buying 14k in nyc pay no more then $30.00 a gram
for 10k look for $27 a gram shop around you will find it

a fair jeweler no matter the gold karat will price gold $5 to $9 above spot price including the labor in that price

also guys use this when shopping for gold

http://www.goldcalc.com/

its in the jeweler interest for the customer to be uneducated when it comes to buying jewelry

Pay $35.00-to $40.00 for 14 K ?
for that price buy platinum or spend $5.00 to $10.00 a gram and more & buy 24k in chinatown

if your buying 14k in nyc pay no more then $30.00 a gram
for 10k look for $27 a gram shop around you will find it

a fair jeweler no matter the gold karat will price gold $5 to $9 above spot price including the labor in that price

I'm talking about jewelry not gold bullion.

Why buy platinum or 24k if you want 14k gold ? Platinum is white and 24k is dark yellow and too soft and will look like **** in 10 years. 10k - 18k is perfect for everyday wear. 14k being my personal choice.

$30/g for 14k isn't realistic. It's below wholesale. Unless you are buying a 100g+ piece from the person who actually makes it.

I'm talking about jewelry not gold bullion.

Why buy platinum or 24k if you want 14k gold ? Platinum is white and 24k is dark yellow and too soft and will look like **** in 10 years. 10k - 18k is perfect for everyday wear. 14k being my personal choice.

$30/g for 14k isn't realistic. It's below wholesale. Unless you are buying a 100g+ piece from the person who actually makes it.

you can find it you just got to shop around

for example
i got quoted $30 a gram for a solid Cuban bracelet at 21.3 grams
also a few and i mean few places told me $28 to $30 for the same weight

i was talking about bullion jewelry
the reason i say buy platinum or 24k jewelry for the high price that gold is at per gram buying gold at 14k and getting only 58.3% in gold purity is not worth it

buying bullion jewelry is the smart way to go when prices are high

also i love 24k and platinum 10 k or 14 k at these current prices i cant touch it
i would buy 10 k or 14 k if the current price was half
so thats why i go for the higher purity

i personally rather have a 35.5 gram platinum chain at $1500.00

then a 14 k 50 gram chain at the same price

Last edited:
you can find it you just got to shop around

i was talking about bullion jewelry
the reason i say buy platinum or 24k jewelry for the high price that gold is at per gram buying gold at 14k and getting only 58.3% in gold purity is not worth it

buying bullion jewelry is the smart way to go when prices are high

also i love 24k and platinum 10 k or 14 k at these current prices i cant touch it
i would buy 10 k or 14 k if the current price was also that so thats why i go for the higher purity

The only place you will find 14k for 30/g is in a pawnshop (Probably cheaper even) and maybe a handmade heavy Miami Cuban in Florida. 10k, 14k, 18k & 24k gold jewelry isn't the same price so you get what you pay for. It's not just the gold you're paying for it's the design and labor involved.

24k has a whole different look than 14k gold so alot of people don't like it. Plus there's way less selection.

It looks like you're just looking for the best bang per buck in any precious metal. You're the kind of guy that his favorite color is blue but you go for the red shirt because it's on sale.

Last edited:
The only place you will find 14k for 30/g is in a pawnshop (Probably cheaper even) and maybe a handmade heavy Miami Cuban in Florida. 10k, 14k, 18k & 24k gold jewelry isn't the same price so you get what you pay for. It's not just the gold you're paying for it's the design and labor involved.

24k has a whole different look than 14k gold so alot of people don't like it. Plus there's way less selection.

It looks like you're just looking for the best bang per buck in any precious metal. You're the kind of guy that his favorite color is blue but you go for the red shirt because it's on sale.

Gold Isn’t sneakers 14 k cubans are great I would love to have one but there is nothing like the shine and color of 24 k

I had a 14 k 174 gram Cuban chain sold it back in 2009
Got it back in 2002 for $1375

I get what your saying but I see 24 k as a better deal then 14 k

I have got 14 gold chains and braclets down to $30 a gram at the diamond district and canal both stores in both areas where selling new fresh 14 k unworn gold for these prices at less then 40 grams so think how a price would be at 150 grams and up at these same places

In fact most pawnshop cost a lot more for 14 karat then you would go into a store buying brand new and fresh gold

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom