**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Im sure most of yall know but the gold price spike is because of our boy trumpito! Some are saying as high as $2000/oz but it's prob going to settle around $1500-$1600 after this China/Russia/Iran thing is over. Might sell high and rebuy after trump is arrested. Also found a refiner tht gives 90-95% of your gold value! Just sayin!

how did you find a refiner that pays you that much? all the places I've found searching online seam to have tricky language about their payouts or say they won't deal with you unless you're a business. honestly if my lungs were in better shape & had better contacts I would actually try the whole aqua regia thing myself.

i think this question might be best for a jeweler, but i thought i'd ask here.

for anyone here who made a custom pendant/medallion, how did you show them what you wanted done?

did you bring a photo, drawing, something digital? i am assuming jewelers are using computers/3D or are jewelers making molds like a tattoo artist just doing it off a photo?

were you happy with the end result?

i think this question might be best for a jeweler, but i thought i'd ask here.

for anyone here who made a custom pendant/medallion, how did you show them what you wanted done?

did you bring a photo, drawing, something digital? i am assuming jewelers are using computers/3D or are jewelers making molds like a tattoo artist just doing it off a photo?

were you happy with the end result?

What kind of pendant? A typical iced out pendant or what? I ask because it depends on what you get. A lot of jewelers are doing molds with a cad software on the computer to design the 3d mold.

I'm actually getting a hand made pendant.

This jeweler in the bay area (now lives in vegas, but still owns a clothing store in the bay) where im from does custom silver and gold pendants. He does a bunch of styles, but a common and affordable style he does is a solid gold or silver pendants. He basically takes a printing of your logo or he can draw your name and puts the paper on top of a gold or silver sheet. He then saws the pendant out by hand. He was doing a giveaway for a pendant and i won over the weekend. I just sent him my logo yesterday. We will see how this goes, but I'm really excited.

I'm not sure if this helps you in anyway, but since I'm currently in the process of getting a custom pendant I thought I'd give my input

Also, heres an example what the jeweler does for these kind of pendants.

Heres a hand drawn name

Now heres the final piece

Heres someones logo which is closer to what I'm getting. This is before the polishing process

Last edited:
What I posted? Not even sure. I asked once but I think my message got lost in his dm cause he never saw it. I won a contest though so mine is free lol

Yea, just curious since it's handmade. If you ever get that answer let me know lol

New pick up... 22inch 18k gold necklace with 8.16ct diamonds.. 41.3grams weight... and 18k gold bracelet to match with 4.5ct diamonds... weight 16.8 grams...got this in Dubai today.

Attachments

• A869DEEF-5D7C-4856-82EC-D5450B5E5AEE.jpeg
    A869DEEF-5D7C-4856-82EC-D5450B5E5AEE.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 55A5EB52-D88C-4717-8166-0D65EA8EF649.jpeg
    55A5EB52-D88C-4717-8166-0D65EA8EF649.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 103
What kind of pendant? A typical iced out pendant or what? I ask because it depends on what you get. A lot of jewelers are doing molds with a cad software on the computer to design the 3d mold.

I'm actually getting a hand made pendant.

This jeweler in the bay area (now lives in vegas, but still owns a clothing store in the bay) where im from does custom silver and gold pendants. He does a bunch of styles, but a common and affordable style he does is a solid gold or silver pendants. He basically takes a printing of your logo or he can draw your name and puts the paper on top of a gold or silver sheet. He then saws the pendant out by hand. He was doing a giveaway for a pendant and i won over the weekend. I just sent him my logo yesterday. We will see how this goes, but I'm really excited.

I'm not sure if this helps you in anyway, but since I'm currently in the process of getting a custom pendant I thought I'd give my input

thanks for the imput. i'm thinking about something like a Chinese dragon similar to this with or without it being in a frame. not the exact dragon, but something close to it. i dont like the hands at all in this pic.
1171 × 1824

Im sure most of yall know but the gold price spike is because of our boy trumpito! Some are saying as high as $2000/oz but it's prob going to settle around $1500-$1600 after this China/Russia/Iran thing is over. Might sell high and rebuy after trump is arrested. Also found a refiner tht gives 90-95% of your gold value! Just sayin!
I sold some of my gold last week, 11 ounces lol

That whole process looks like future disappointment. We far too advanced now days. Use a CAD drawing

Hes proud to do it by hand. That's what he likes. He doesnt want to take the easy way out unless he has too. Hes done a ton of pieces and they look great. He also does the cad stuff as well for more complex pieces. It's always great to do things by hand if you are good at it. His process is why I actually got into jewelery more. I like the behind the scenes of everything he is doing. He is the jeweler down to the making of the pendants. Most jewelers couldnt do this to save their life. They just sell jewelery and have other people do it. I know what you mean though. It can be done faster and easier.

icebox jesus looking bleh.
setting in the beard fire though.
agree that the beard/chin on that Christ looks good except for that top stone on the upper part that is set lower than the rest. it would actually be a pretty great looking Jesus if the hair was different, needs moar ice on what is the right side of the picture & needs to be wavier on the other side & of course moar ice never hurts but you can probably get it made with additional diamonds for extra $$$$. Icebox still has a great price on a Jacob looking mold at under 20k for now with SI diamonds, they get up to pretty much 35k with what appears to be bigger stones that are VVS tho (34,938 to be exact). maybe the mold is different in the one that's moar expensive as well seeing as it is 25k with SI but I think it's just bigger stones.

Last edited:
about CAD & drawings, I Think IF&CO talked a lot about doing pieces from simple drawings on their blog back in the days. not sure if this guy on instagram is still with them, he has good stuff on his page. I think IF&CO is expensive and not all of these are finished product but I think they look good:

there are a few others on their page but I didn't wanna flood this page with the guy's entire instagram + I wouldn't know if he still works for them (the most recent post on his page is from October 2017). I actually went to that page cause I remembered their Jesus (didn't like it) & I think IF&CO has done a lot of dragons.

how did you find a refiner that pays you that much? all the places I've found searching online seam to have tricky language about their payouts or say they won't deal with you unless you're a business. honestly if my lungs were in better shape & had better contacts I would actually try the whole aqua regia thing myself.
Google keeping 95 percent of your gold value.. first site. But like my gee Nelly said.. it's a MIDWEST thang

Back
Top Bottom