**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Thoughts on this?
31C0BA2E-1A2D-49CF-9BA1-0025D61AA409.jpeg

I have an expensive ultrasonic cleaner that's a couple hundred dollars and also a an "Icebox" ultrasonic cleaner from Icebox and I use theirs all the time because it's smaller and more convenient.

that's completely unnecessary for a Jesus piece. cut the weight in half. this is coming from someone who only buys heavy chains and full size pieces. i could see 135g-160g 14k.

250g is a waste of gold/money

Exactly. Keep in mind Jacob's is based off Tito's and Jacob's starting weight is only about 120 grams, solid, ie JChamber's piece. If you wanted it heavier, all Jacob did was put a plate on the back making it 160 grams

that's completely unnecessary for a Jesus piece. cut the weight in half. this is coming from someone who only buys heavy chains and full size pieces. i could see 135g-160g 14k.

250g is a waste of gold/money
Exactly. Keep in mind Jacob's is based off Tito's and Jacob's starting weight is only about 120 grams, solid, ie JChamber's piece. If you wanted it heavier, all Jacob did was put a plate on the back making it 160 grams
Hollow sucks

Hit the LA Jewlery district. Waaaay better prices there

I hate driving into LA if I dont have to, we just happened to get other things at Slauson...but yea if I need something Ima just go straight to the district, no point in hittin Slauson anymore if I want some jewelry

The only way that can be done is if I make the piece smaller which won’t be accurate or hollow with a gallery. I am not making the piece hollow. I may make a solid version half size that’s 125gram
What are the dimensions? I remember people saying the Tito BIG had was larger than a normal Jacob piece

Didn’t ninja say da jake was about 200g? :lol:
I think 180 or 189. pretty sure rich4eva said an 18k white gold kufi was like 300 grams. when IF&CO made a kufi that looked like Jacob's mold they said it was about 250 grams on their blog. the heaviest pendant I currently own is like 138 grams of 10 karat gold & it feels very heavy so I do think that 120 is enough.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this?
31C0BA2E-1A2D-49CF-9BA1-0025D61AA409.jpeg

was thinking about copping this... let me know if you get it give a review... i take my jewelry to the jewelry shop and they clean it for free and have my chains looking shiny... but i dont want to go there all the time like im trying to take advantage lol

Thanks for the reply, I already have one of those machines its called the Sienna trio shine. Its a 3 in 1 (steamer, ultrasonic and uv cleaner). It works great but I meant having it professionally done when they actually remove all the scratches out so it looks brand new.
I was just curious because ive heard when they professionally do it they actually rub off a surface amount of gold. I wanted to know if that was really true and how much you actually loose in the process.

Just get it steamed cleaned by a jeweler shop , unless it's 10 k or less in which case get the non abrasive soap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom