**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Oh ok. Honestly that chain looks perfect to me.

thank you. i had a franco on it but got tired of it, bought one off jimmy boi when he use to post here. dope chain and i love francos, but it was too long @32 inches. as i lost weight it was funny how my neck started shrinking and the chains were becoming too long. at one point 24 inches was like a choker, but now 24-26 is about right for me. i think adding a rope is a no brainer for this cross. funny thing was dude truing to sell me a franco when he didnt have what i was looking for :rolleyes
IMG_4073.JPG

Yea Is pretty hollow.. out here gold is in abundance but for some reason they like to sell and/or assume people are looking for hollow jewelry. Any other opinions?
a lot of hallow stuff tends to feel like cheap gold tone metal in my experience. not all but most of it. feels like lightweight thin metal that just happens to have gold mixed in it rather than sumthing that is a dense/heavy precious metal 1st & foremost.

Thanks y'all. I've decided to pass on it and yes, I did see thr Jacoje Franco earlier and all makes sense now with regards to Franco weight.

thank you. i had a franco on it but got tired of it, bought one off jimmy boi when he use to post here. dope chain and i love francos, but it was too long @32 inches. as i lost weight it was funny how my neck started shrinking and the chains were becoming too long. at one point 24 inches was like a choker, but now 24-26 is about right for me. i think adding a rope is a no brainer for this cross. funny thing was dude truing to sell me a franco when he didnt have what i was looking for :rolleyes
IMG_4073.JPG

A 140 gram 14k rope is a little over 6 stacks now. Your butt should've bought that rope

For those that buy gold often, would the popular vote here be 14k or 18k ? What is your preference?

A 140 gram 14k rope is a little over 6 stacks now. Your butt should've bought that rope

for sure. i ended up getting something different, but yeah, i miss when gold was more in the $1200ish range an ounce because prices were more reasonable. it was nice to hear people on here copping 14k gold chains in the high $20's low $30's a gram. 18k in the high $30's low $40's.

I'm on the older side so i remember when gold was regularly under $900 an ounce. I would probably go nuts if i could pay $20 a gram again. I dont know much about the economy, but I'm guessing those days are over.

For those that buy gold often, would the popular vote here be 14k or 18k ? What is your preference?

a lot of it is personal preference. if i was doing yellow, i'd like 18k for that shine and luster. 14k is good and that's usually what i go for. it can be polished/dipped to look like 18k.

i used to have no problem owing 10k as it usually looked the same anyway, especially in white gold, but 14k is the way to go for me. in yellow gold i would not mind stretching it to 18k. if you are mixing different pieces chains by layering you want to make sure everything kinda shines/looks the same. if you are just going for once piece and one piece only go with the 18k if you can, but 14k is fine. If you are going for somehting heavy though, that extra cheddar in the 18k VS 14k is going to add up. gold is so expensive right now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom