**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Maaaan i had some 18k chains from when i was a baby that family members bought for me when i was born. My mom didnt let me wear it when i was around the same age as your son for the same reasons. She thought it would get broken from playing and **** (rough *** kid smh).

Then our apartment got broken into :smh:

Damn I feel that too. My first born is my daughter and when I only had her I went and bought her diamond earrings when she was pretty young.

ended up losing em.........lol

You makeing the right call bro. My sons first chain was that silver puffy link when he was 6($40) off flebay. And he buffed that thing everyday so thats why at 8 I got him the 1.5mm rope necklace and then he gold cross after and thats was still just $685. Going to buy either a 4mm(28g) or 5mm(40g) rope now before he is 16 and gold prices are crazy. Might get his pendent now too aftet the TM is completed.

Funny story:
When I paid for the cross and put it on his neck we had a long talk about not getting punked by kids for your stuff and throwing the hands lol😅.

Yessir, lol...I had the same talk with my son! Yeah gold prices are dumb high. I orig looked at a solid gold chain for him with a mini pharoah but the prices were crazy.. Ended up stumbling on the one I got him on accident and it ended up being a solid piece. Quality is on point, mold looks great. I looked at a ton of pharoah pieces and this one, for what it is, is the best gold plated I could find.

When it comes to kids you have to buy them something cheap and pay attention to how they take care of it. I bought my daughters a sterling silver necklace, bracelet, and ring from piecing pagoda. Within 3 months everything was either lost or broken :lol:

I’m good on buying them real jewelry right now.

haha I feel you brother!

It's just funny seeing people custom making duplicate ****. A charm isn't the same a chain... the charm is supposed to be unique, especially if you're having it custom made. Copying someone else's piece is just **** riding.

I don't wear charms on my chains though, but I bought concave anchor links because I don't see many others wearing them.

2671e0601faf3b43874e061ff665e3e2.png

14k 6mm 22”

:nthat:

All the talk about children’s Jewlery and being cautious cause they play rough is true. That’s why I went the route of a Miami 5.5mm hand made from Reys. No way that thing going to come off or breaking. It’s like a dog collar. But I agree with all things being said except buying a solid handmade Cuban. The only thing I worry about is if my kids are at day care, I will leave their cubans off.
My older boys got ropes and was thinking about coppin them a Cuban but I worry about people trying to rob them. Scares the sh*t outta me I’m just glad they don’t live in a big city where people swipe n Rob in broad daylight for chains.

Last edited:
Most def. I just bought my 7 year old his first chain. I have the money for a real one but he's a typical 7 year old. Chain most likely will end up broken or even lost, so I told him I'm gonna get you this gold plated one first. Once he gets older and earns it, told him he'll be getting the big boy joint

Just a starter chain for now.

His name is Cairo and loves all things Egypt so I got him this lil King Tut Pharoah piece. He loves it.. so Im happy.

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 6.40.47 AM.png

I went back and forth on it, at first I really didnt want to get him anything that wasnt 100% real but in the end I felt theres a time and place and now wasnt the best time to drop the bread on something solid. I def get it though.

pops did well. saucy *** set up. the pendant + chain and the Ja jersey :emoji_fire: :emoji_heart_eyes:

love those cubans are they from Reys?

Current set up, got the figaro chain with the cross from my mom for Cmas..switched the cross to my rope, think it looks way better, not a fan of Figaros so my girl claimed it

2mm Rope, 3mm Rope, 4mm Rope, 3mm Figaro, 9mm Cubans
IMG_6991.jpg

:nthat:

All the talk about children’s Jewlery and being cautious cause they play rough is true. That’s why I went the route of a Miami 5.5mm hand made from Reys. No way that thing going to come off or break. It’s like a dog collar. But I agree with all things being said except buying a solid handmade Cuban. The only thing I worry about is if my kids are at day care I will leave their cubans off.
My older boys got ropes and was thinking about coppin them a Cuban but I worry about people trying to rob them. Scares the shot outta me I’m just glad they don’t live in a big city where people swipe n Rob in broad daylight for chains.

That's dope man, it looks great and I def don't fault anybody for going that route.

Yeah I hear ya re: being worried bout our kids!

pops did well. saucy *** set up. the pendant + chain and the Ja jersey :emoji_fire: :emoji_heart_eyes:

I appreciate you my bro! Yeah Ja is his favorite player

illi-mo illi-mo : Did you watch the video I posted ? It's from 8 months ago. From my own looking you won't get a great Presi for much less than 12 grand , cash or not . (that's looks mint with everything and is recent ).

Do your homework & ask questions before you get finessed
I did.. right on

Remember my pops bought me a 14k necklace with a W charm and W ring. Chain was broke within a week from school. Had to be 7. But my kid had his like 6 years and only thing happened was a diamond fell out once. He never takes it off and I feel like I got my money’s worth and more.

Thats wassup.

I had a 14kt chain w/ a cross pendant around 10 or so and then a gold 14kt Jesus pendant on a 14kt Figaro around 14. Somehow I never had an issue with either, they lasted until I upgraded once I started gettin my own paper.

Im also an only child. I got 4 boys (and a girl lol).. my boys break 80% of everything they acquire. Rowdy is an understatement

I had to run to Walmart and check. Lol.. That was last year I seen it so they were sold out but had the silver joints. So they were the size of the $78 pair but they were 10k $150..if I remember right kohls had some similar. Them lil silver b*****s was hittin tho
20201218_155510.jpg
You putting me on them joints. About to cop something with this stimmy check :lol:

I’m not anti 10k like some here so I feel u. My first piece 10k but I do want a 14k Cuban probably next year after I handle a few things.
I feel u. I got a chunky 14k Cuban in my near future. Tomorrow I'm buying a 6gram 14k herringbone and a 4.7gr 10k herringbone. They're both real thin. Gettin both for $200. That's $40 per gram of 24k. Im paying 33% less than scrap

I feel u. I got a chunky 14k Cuban in my near future. Tomorrow I'm buying a 6gram 14k herringbone and a 4.7gr 10k herringbone. They're both real thin. Gettin both for $200. That's $40 per gram of 24k. Im paying 33% less than scrap

My man taking it back with the herringbone. I rember when that was the go to in the streets

I got an 10MM cuban thats 8 inches. If I cop a 12MM thats 7.5 inches, would it look silly to stack it on the same arm? I got no idea how to stack bracelets

^Dont ask my opinion...I'm let em bang gang! Thats why I got missin diamonds now! I hate the layered look but stacked bracelets🔥

I got an 10MM cuban thats 8 inches. If I cop a 12MM thats 7.5 inches, would it look silly to stack it on the same arm? I got no idea how to stack bracelets
Hopefully u tried it on already and knows it fits. I always hear Jewlers say that the more mm the length fits tighter in bracelets.

Back
Top Bottom