**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

They're bugging that's 37.4% over spot as opposed to Leons that's right under 20% over spot.
Leon’s price compared to Rey’s. I mean the money really isn’t the issue because it’s not like I can’t afford the Rey’s joint .. But I just feel if Leon has great quality why not just go with him?

How much they give you for your chain per gram?
Just officially put my order in to Reys for a 12mm 23 inch 14k! Norma agreed to take my Daniels chain as part of the deal :emoji_sunglasses:

Rey's should be worth it if they are going to charge that much. If the foundation for pricing is that its a one man show vs teams of people making cubans (the status quo in Miami currently) then the quality should exceed Leon's, Limaxi etc.

If Rey's is the exception to the rule- and they charge an exceptional price; shouldn't the work be exceptional? I think so- we will see. I made my purchase based upon this forum's information and a couple of youtube reviews, but mostly this place. My final product and the recent final products of others on here going forward will decide.

Limaxi is supposed to be a one man show to and prices are also competitive so Reys technically wouldn't be the exception. It all comes down to preference. If you like Reys work and customer service that much more that you're willing to pay their markup then pay their price.

Rey's should be worth it if they are going to charge that much. If the foundation for pricing is that its a one man show vs teams of people making cubans (the status quo in Miami currently) then the quality should exceed Leon's, Limaxi etc.

If Rey's is the exception to the rule- and they charge an exceptional price; shouldn't the work be exceptional? I think so- we will see. I made my purchase based upon this forum's information and a couple of youtube reviews, but mostly this place. My final product and the recent final products of others on here going forward will decide.

You cant be mad at Rey's... Sure he's more than Leon's and some of the other Miami/Tampa spots, but compare him to a place in NY like trax for instance that's charging close to $80 per gram on 14kt. As a small business owner he's leaving a lot on the table to have a small profit margin like that as a one man shop, it would be different if he was slow and had no work...

You cant be mad at Rey's... Sure he's more than Leon's and some of the other Miami/Tampa spots, but compare him to a place in NY like trax for instance that's charging close to $80 per gram on 14kt. As a small business owner he's leaving a lot on the table to have a small profit margin like that as a one man shop, it would be different if he was slow and had no work...

Not defending Trax because most of his prices just don't make sense. But them established NY spots rent is so high that they got to charge some of that mark up. And before the internet it was fine but now that we can shop around it changes everything

She did it as an upgrade so I sent her a total of 266.4g ( my 10 mm + a 79.3g tiger eye link) and im paying 1760 so its basically just labor.
whoa, i couldn't convince her to take my old chain in a few years ago so I just kept it. Might need to hit her up for an upgrade now.

Well she did say its not something they normally do but im really lucky she agreed bc I didn't want to have to buy more gold. It doesn't hurt to call and ask her though and see what she says.

whoa, i couldn't convince her to take my old chain in a few years ago so I just kept it. Might need to hit her up for an upgrade now.

anyone in here make their jewelry purchases strictly based on the price of metals? been monitoring per gram prices since I became more interested in pieces a few months back.

damn, i'm really kicking myself for not buying a cuban just two years ago. hindsight is 20/20 but the price of gold has gone up nearly 30% since news of covid19 was surfacing in december of '19 :smh:

got a Jewlery cleaner. As a gift from a friend.
not really impressed by it. It cleaned everything nice but not in between the links of my Cuban (which is the biggest crude/filth deposit on the chain). It’s cool for a decent clean but not a deep down grime clean
The cleaner also has a heating mechanism to it so it gets pretty warm.

still prefer the old tooth brush and soap method.
697FA795-C9A5-453F-B210-DB498ED8430D.jpeg

not really impressed by it. It cleaned everything nice but not in between the links of my Cuban (which is the biggest crude/filth deposit on the chain). It’s cool for a decent clean but not a deep down grime clean

Be careful with anything with stones, those machines will be happy to let you know which ones are loose. 😂

Your Jesus looks like the mold that mine is based on, (copied from, LOL) Is that from IF&Co?

Back
Top Bottom