**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

This is the second chain I got from them like this. The other ones soldering job was even worse.

what was the other chain you got? and when you told them about this what was their response? im hoping they are just bad on a particular chain which you got and not all chains... but not going to lie i might not cop after seeing those pictures smh... they got mad feedback on ebay too so its like deceiving

what was the other chain you got? and when you told them about this what was their response? im hoping they are just bad on a particular chain which you got and not all chains... but not going to lie i might not cop after seeing those pictures smh... they got mad feedback on ebay too so its like deceiving
One was a 5mm rope and this one was a 6mm rope. I already emailed them about the return but I’m going to call them tomorrow. EBay feedback is what got me sold on them. And I was in LA last month and didn’t even think to stop by.

will (icebox) quoted me $71 a gram for their 14k rose gold Jesus piece plan Jane.
my reaction....
tenor-5.gif

I’m up in Cali now but I emailed them already to get the return process started.

how did the return process go with the first chain or did you end up keeping it? my bad for all the questions but im basing your experience on copping or not lol

Just got my return shipping label and this is what they said.
AB42D686-B587-45A1-9000-05FED865224F.png

how did the return process go with the first chain or did you end up keeping it? my bad for all the questions but im basing your experience on copping or not lol
It’s all good, I bought right before the jewelers started taxing and held onto it for awhile but kept getting mad everytime I looked at the chain so I sold it and broke almost even. I took like 100.00 loss overall, mostly from the taxes I paid purchasing it and then the EBay fees when I sold it.

Is that bad though? id assume all custom jewelry is around that range if not more.

From my experience currently that's a lil high, usually I see 65~ a gram from reputable jewlers. I seen some customs from many shops over 100 a gram and some don't even provide weight estimates until after the cad/mold is made at that point you Already have a deposit so it's BS. Only difference here is they Jesus is already designed and molds are probably already set to be casted so all that work should drive the price down.

damb that's a shame.... thanks for the input... they gave me a great deal too and sent me an invoice just now... I asked the turnaround time and was shocked it's only two days for a hand made chain...got me second guessing if I should cop... they have 30 day return policy with no restock fee right? it might be worth the risk then I can return if my chain is messed up lol
DONT do it buy local for 2 reasons see what your getting before you pay and you will get a better price in store I’d you shop around at a local jeweler

QUOTE="donewithjs, post: 34225741, member: 129528"]
This is the second chain I got from them like this. The other ones soldering job was even worse.
[/QUOTE]
stop buying for that place and fight to get your money back

that cheap soldered lock will break overtime

Last edited:
DONT do it buy local for 2 reasons see what your getting before you pay and you will get a better price in store I’d you shop around at a local jeweler

QUOTE="donewithjs, post: 34225741, member: 129528"]
stop buying for that place and fight to get your money back

that cheap soldered lock will break overtime
[/QUOTE]
Got the return label, it’s being sent back tomorrow.

Weird question buy have any of yall dropped your chains from a substantial height. I foolishly put my 2 rope chains on a balcony ledge and my cat decided to thrown them over. Lol. Fell a good distance but I can't see any damage. 20 ft drop. Wonder if any one experienced dropping from heights. If so what to look for.

Weird question buy have any of yall dropped your chains from a substantial height. I foolishly put my 2 rope chains on a balcony ledge and my cat decided to thrown them over. Lol. Fell a good distance but I can't see any damage. 20 ft drop. Wonder if any one experienced dropping from heights. If so what to look for.
Cats are *******s lmao. You should be good though

I was on top mount Kilimanjaro and dropped my 22 inch Cuban . A few sracthes , but it still looks good

couldn’t get a good pic of the soldering because the camera wouldn’t focus. It kept coming out blurry. The 1st pic you can kind of see where the piece isn’t really even soldered to the chain. It’s way worse all the way around.
6327E9C4-B744-41A0-A95F-D0F1F6FFD429.png
AE0F9895-05BF-4515-8FB8-67CD0A8201B9.png
0ED322A6-850E-46B9-8D57-7D98B7C66128.png

Wow, I never had anything like this sent to me. That is why I can endorse. I purchased yellow/white gold chains-ropes and handmade links. Everything always showed up as expected. Sucks you had to go through this-I do not blame you one bit. if it happens once, ok maybe a bad day/oversight......not twice. smh

Back
Top Bottom