The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by yrok1986, Apr 4, 2016.

1. yrok1986

yrok1986

Agreed about the Royals but the retail release REALLY grew on me a lot. Plus my PE wouldn't be as special if it was the same as a GR :wink:.

Completely agree about the green/gums. Wore them to work today, actually.

And Nike is really BSing with the black/gold lows. They took them off the site when there was still a FSR available and they've slowly added several other lows back on but not those for some reason. They're the last retail release I don't own (outside of the very limited Russell Westbrook MVP pair and the limited to 23 Gold All Star Game pair --- still salty about both of these.)

2. devarika woulf

devarika woulf

It also made no sense from a financial perspective. The Banned was the only 31 color that sold out before discount. The Royal, on the other hand, started selling only after it went on mass discount. If it had been the same pattern as the Banned, it would have sold much, much better. I was gonna cop for around $110, but I stalled. It's still a good colorway, but I'll put them "blue shoe funds" towards the Lebron 15 New Heights.

3. bigj505

bigj505 Administrator Staff Member

I’m pretty sure other colors sold before discount including the fine print and the rio colors

4. devarika woulf

devarika woulf

True, but those were smaller releases. Every GR after the Banned was discounted. I just think it would have helped to keep it simple.