The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I'm a huge fan of the XXX for the casual wear/comfort. I am sad to see the XXX be done with soon, but excited to see what the XXX1 will bring.

Well talking more about the spirit than the material...I just want them to put a shoe out that makes want to go and buy it because LOOKS and PERFORMS great. To me it seems like they only care about performance these which is not bad at all but I am trying to say is that they don't have sacrifice look to do so...Idk

My bad wrong thread I think....but 3D printing the XXXs could be dope...but is it costly sense there (or I think there) are not many companies doing it?...

Well talking more about the spirit than the material...I just want them to put a shoe out that makes want to go and buy it because LOOKS and PERFORMS great. To me it seems like they only care about performance these which is not bad at all but I am trying to say is that they don't have sacrifice look to do so...Idk
Wouldn't say they sacrifice the looks on purpose but the design direction is just not the same. Air Jordans made the first leap into another level with the 9s which only took over the inner bootie and raised midsole section but otherwise was looking completely different to anything released before.
Technologywise the only new thing was to have the fast lacing system with the round laces.
Then since the 16 JB often had their flagship having some lace cover design until the 20s.
Air jordans became significantly lighter since the 2010/2011 and less bulky in shape too.
When we look back, 18 - 22 were very bulky in design.
What i think the XXX1 need is an upper design with more interesting details.
Since the xx8 the upper is very plain. Not much details but just some crazy prints or weaving.
When we look at the Kyries, Lebrons or Kobes we know that Nike can do more with the flyknit, armorposite etc.

I think 3d printing is too expensive still.. no mass produced shoe uses it yet. UA made a shoe with partially printed mid sole but it was very limited and really expensive. Agreed with the fact that they could make the upper more interesting though. KD9 is an example of how to give wovens some character. But looking at summer releases (kd9, hyperdunk elite) it's obvious that wovens are in for Nike, and ultimately they are somewhat limited in terms of looks unless you paste something like foamposit or kurim over it, which defeats the purpose of a nice woven.

Last edited:
3 Months to go and still no leaks. When do you all think we will get a crappy cell phone pic? Those seem to be the first to leak.

on 6/1 Jordan told Neymar "I got these today":
13266792_1748469312101416_1763395637_n.jpg

I haven't been able to get a read on them yet..look nice though..

" the line should have been killed off long ago"

Anyone saying this literally has more shoe boxes than career buckets.

. Like fashion collectors really take offense with each new performance release and think it should then be ruined for those that play.

You really think you're protecting mikes legacy on a shoe he has the last say on?

Nothing is stopping anyone from enjoying the old models they have.

Crying about stopping numbered jordans is a fanboy ego thing. Not an athlete thing.

Ive heard " those are ugly this year" or " man those joints cost too much" while at the basketball courts over the last 20 years but never once, near hoops, did I ever hear anyone say " man, they need to stop numbered jordans"

No different than the Air Max model. It would be weird if there was no next Air Jordan. 

On the other hand, if they stopped at the 14 and the 17 and 18 were really the 15 and 16 for the surprise 2nd comeback then that would've been ok too. 

Once they figure out that Jordans stopped being cool when the basic formula stopped then this topic won't be on people's minds. 

One Jumpman on the upper, Nike Air logo and a Jumpman on the outsole underneath. Once they stopped keeping it real things got tacky quick.

There's nothing they can do about the other half of the formula which was Jordan playing in them.

Last edited:
People who say they should have stopped at 14 or 23 or that air jordans must be made of leather are extremely conservative and not realistic.
Technology proceeds and it is non sense to stick with old designs.
Todays warships and aircrafts look not stylish but extremely plain due to the need of stealth.
Imagine we would build battleships like the Missouri or the yamato only for nostalgic look?
Totally inefficient in combat.
I switched from aj 5 to the 2011 and the gap of comfort and courtfeel were like 2 different worlds.

Back
Top Bottom