The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I like them but mostly it's because it's the shoes he was wearing to mark the occasion.

I mean, why not?

I finally got my first XXXI! Went with the Carolina lows, thanks to the Footlocker restock yesterday!

I think my next one will be the black/white XXXI low!

So the college low sellout was fake? I see a fsr on footlocker. Still debating whether I should get the cals

I am very disappointed and exhausted from the overall process of attempting to purchase this product, the Air Jordan 31 Low "UNC." This has literally become a nightmare I do not wish to repeat on future transactions.

On March 8, 2017, I purchased four products: Air Jordan 31 Low "Cal," "Georgetown," "Michigan," & "UNC." I was charged for all four pairs of sneakers in a single transaction. I was elated at the simplicity and smoothness of this particular transaction. I guess I jinxed myself because this is where the nightmare begins...

Later the same day of March 8, I received an email from Foot Locker stating that part of my order (the Air Jordan 31 Low "UNC") would be "backordered" until March 20, 2017. Whatever that meant, I still can not say. I was not offered the option of receiving a refund. Nevertheless, I decided to wait until March 20 to see what would happen.

By March 20, I had received the Cals, Georgetowns, & Michigans, but the status of my order on Foot Locker's website stated the UNCs were still "backordered." I remained patient, but when April 5, 2017 came around and I still had heard nothing, I decided to contact Foot Locker to hopefully gain some insight into what was happening with my hard earned money ($174.71 after tax).

I initially emailed them to which I received a response from eCustomer Care the following day on April 6. They claimed that the product I inquired about was no longer available and that a refund would be issued to my account. However, the account I originally used has been closed in the meantime due to unforeseen circumstances. The transaction was conducted through PayPal, so I asked if I could just have the funds refunded to my PayPal account instead. I was told I would need to contact the Payment Verification Department at Foot Locker.

So that's what I did... After spending ten minutes explaining the situation to the person who answered the phone, I was told they would need to transfer me to a separate department for further assistance (why they couldn't tell me this before I explained the entire damn problem, I will never know). I had to listen to their predetermined telephone "song & dance" for over 45 minutes before someone else answered the phone. I have spent over an hour on the phone for the conversation to last two minutes which basically consisted of them telling me they had already refunded my $ to my PayPal account and the funds should be posted by and available within 3-5 business days.

It is now April 12. I finally received an automated email from Foot Locker telling me that the product is no longer available and that my money would be refunded (No sh*t, really?)... I also received an email from PayPal telling me that the funds were refunded to the debit card connected to the bank account which was originally used to make the purchase.

What the F...? I explicitly told Foot Locker that the original account had been closed, thus the funds would need to be put in an account that is still OPEN... Now I have to contact PayPal to most likely endure the same asinine, oblivious nature demonstrated by Foot Locker.

The kicker to all of this is that Foot Locker just had a restock with basically a FSR on all five pairs of the collegiate Air Jordan 31 Lows yesterday I believe. REALLY?? I must have some terrible karma because this sh*t doesn't seem real. I really don't wish for this nightmare to continue as I can only deal with so much ineptitude before I just feel like giving up...

It is also worth noting that not at any point during this debacle, have I been offered a future discount, promo code, or even a simple damn apology/explanation... I don't understand why I couldn't just receive a refund from the beginning, but I guess everyone likes forcing people to do things the long, relentlessly difficult way these days.

I just pray the Lord has blessed the person who answers the phone from PayPal with even a smidgen of common sense.

Please Lord!!! [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

Just curious if you guys believe the above soliloquy will garner me any type of promo code or discount if I email it to Foot Locker? Or will I just be wasting my time?

Thanks.

anyone know how wide of release the Westbrook PE's are going to be?
Your 1st post in almost 5 years.... Is your decision on purchasing based solely on this information?

Go after them if you like them. 

If you're only chasing based on resale, then I'll have you know these are going to be an extremely wide, GR release. Not worth the chase at all. 
indifferent.gif

I am very disappointed and exhausted from the overall process of attempting to purchase this product, the Air Jordan 31 Low "UNC." This has literally become a nightmare I do not wish to repeat on future transactions.

On March 8, 2017, I purchased four products: Air Jordan 31 Low "Cal," "Georgetown," "Michigan," & "UNC." I was charged for all four pairs of sneakers in a single transaction. I was elated at the simplicity and smoothness of this particular transaction. I guess I jinxed myself because this is where the nightmare begins...

Later the same day of March 8, I received an email from Foot Locker stating that part of my order (the Air Jordan 31 Low "UNC") would be "backordered" until March 20, 2017. Whatever that meant, I still can not say. I was not offered the option of receiving a refund. Nevertheless, I decided to wait until March 20 to see what would happen.

By March 20, I had received the Cals, Georgetowns, & Michigans, but the status of my order on Foot Locker's website stated the UNCs were still "backordered." I remained patient, but when April 5, 2017 came around and I still had heard nothing, I decided to contact Foot Locker to hopefully gain some insight into what was happening with my hard earned money ($174.71 after tax).

I initially emailed them to which I received a response from eCustomer Care the following day on April 6. They claimed that the product I inquired about was no longer available and that a refund would be issued to my account. However, the account I originally used has been closed in the meantime due to unforeseen circumstances. The transaction was conducted through PayPal, so I asked if I could just have the funds refunded to my PayPal account instead. I was told I would need to contact the Payment Verification Department at Foot Locker.

So that's what I did... After spending ten minutes explaining the situation to the person who answered the phone, I was told they would need to transfer me to a separate department for further assistance (why they couldn't tell me this before I explained the entire damn problem, I will never know). I had to listen to their predetermined telephone "song & dance" for over 45 minutes before someone else answered the phone. I have spent over an hour on the phone for the conversation to last two minutes which basically consisted of them telling me they had already refunded my $ to my PayPal account and the funds should be posted by and available within 3-5 business days.

It is now April 12. I finally received an automated email from Foot Locker telling me that the product is no longer available and that my money would be refunded (No sh*t, really?)... I also received an email from PayPal telling me that the funds were refunded to the debit card connected to the bank account which was originally used to make the purchase.

What the F...? I explicitly told Foot Locker that the original account had been closed, thus the funds would need to be put in an account that is still OPEN... Now I have to contact PayPal to most likely endure the same asinine, oblivious nature demonstrated by Foot Locker.

The kicker to all of this is that Foot Locker just had a restock with basically a FSR on all five pairs of the collegiate Air Jordan 31 Lows yesterday I believe. REALLY?? I must have some terrible karma because this sh*t doesn't seem real. I really don't wish for this nightmare to continue as I can only deal with so much ineptitude before I just feel like giving up...

It is also worth noting that not at any point during this debacle, have I been offered a future discount, promo code, or even a simple damn apology/explanation... I don't understand why I couldn't just receive a refund from the beginning, but I guess everyone likes forcing people to do things the long, relentlessly difficult way these days.

I just pray the Lord has blessed the person who answers the phone from PayPal with even a smidgen of common sense.

Please Lord!!! [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

Wow! Sad to read that. I ordered the UNC XXXI on Monday and got shipping confirmation on Tuesday. The 2 UNC T-Shirts however have not been shipped as of yet, but there is no time pressure from my side. I would ask for an extra discount code for your next purchase!

You should find the CEO email online and send this in.
They will claim that the refund to paypal by them was correct, as its Paypals policy that has caused the money to go where it has. But overall thats really poor service.

Back
Top Bottom